Canibus vs. Dizaster discussion

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Versive

Post by Versive »

My point is it doesn't matter if you're Canibus or some jobber from eastern Montana. You shouldn't be entering battles (or rapping at all for that matter) if you can't (or simply aren't willing to) freestyle.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

mike eagle wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
mike eagle wrote:
Versive wrote:I don't understand Canibus' "chokes" or anyone's for that matter. If you can't remember your written, move on and spit some shit off the top. Who gives a fuck if it sounds bad? Freestyle, say anything. It's a fucking battle. The fact that anyone, Bis included, would just stand there offering nothing but awkward silence is very disturbing to me.
some of that was freestyle

problem is, the quality level goes way down real fast if you're freestyling out of desperation. it basically opens the door to choking. its damn near impossible to end a round as strongly with a freestyle. especially for a dude battling in that style for the first time that only prepared three weeks
sometimes, this is true, sometimes not.

occasionally, one of these battle rapper's freestyle rebuttals will be 2 or 4 bars of absolute dynamite, that is more of a hard hitting line than some written set-up.

like Dizaster couldn't have known Canibus was going to wear an arm sling. So when he freestyled "you hit yourself in the chest so hard, your shoulders touched" and everyone was like :ohsh: , it was better than some other great lines he spit, like the one about Wyclef.

if you have prepared your battle mind, your vocabulary and your powers of observation enough, you can come up with a spontaneous rebuttal that's as strong as some of your writtens, and never have a moment of silence in your verse, whether you are freestyling or spitting writtens. but it takes ELEVATED SKILL.

you can see Dizaster at the end, choosing how he wanted to FINISH HIM.

and you can almost see his mind processing the infinite possibilities of the moment, like "what can I say about this vs. what did I plan to say about it? hmmmm... let's go with: I PUT CANIBUS IN A BOX AND LL COOL J IS A FAGGOT, just cause it's completely fun and games now" :rofl:
it takes preparing for more than three weeks for your first go round to pull that off. thats my entire point
agreed. but both of those guys are not rap rookies.

Is it safe to assume Canibus has done, and won, a face to face battle, ever before? I hope it is.
so he should have known better.

I agree with you that cats should have lots of rap weapons in store for the moment though. like bars upon bars upon bars. you really shouldn't enter one of those battles without 15-20 minutes of rehearsed verses, or at least FOUR rounds of raps for whatever time limit you have arranged... and then some freestyle-like extra shit in your head, just in case.

I've been Canibus, I've been in that exact position. And I never prepared for ANY show more than I prepared for that battle. Which is why I didn't choke :rofl:

Canibus is the ultimate human meme generator now, but it's starting with "daaamn homie. in high school, you was the maaan, homie. the fuck happened to you?!" :copy:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

gonna be loving these jokes for weeks
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i usually enjoy a good train wreck, especially when its supposedly 'improv' which means you wouldn't need a notebook for reference, but

i felt bad for him. like..man that was really bad.

i was thinking of starting an e card where everyone signs it and expresses their sorrow for his stutter step

"sorry you shit the bed"

life on the battle circuit is rough,, rugged, n raw

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mindbender, STFU! You sound like a 13 year old Bieber fan in this thread. Were you at the event? There's no way in hell Mindbender paid $30 to watch this shit, lolzerz.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Moolah wrote:Image
eyes watering from :rofl:
capable_keL wrote:i usually enjoy a good train wreck, especially when its supposedly 'improv' which means you wouldn't need a notebook for reference, but

i felt bad for him. like..man that was really bad.

i was thinking of starting an e card where everyone signs it and expresses their sorrow for his stutter step

"sorry you shit the bed"

life on the battle circuit is rough,, rugged, n raw

:rofl: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :rofl: :rofl: :copy:

KeL, you are my brodie whoadey homie, my ace boom coon, and the brute truth in da booth

"sorry you shit the bed" on a Hallmark card... the size of a Canibus notebook :lol:

and *DEADDDD* @ "hurts arm... MEMORY LOSS"

days and days of :rofl: is what this is all about.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

mike eagle wrote:
mike eagle wrote:
Versive wrote:I don't understand Canibus' "chokes" or anyone's for that matter. If you can't remember your written, move on and spit some shit off the top. Who gives a fuck if it sounds bad? Freestyle, say anything. It's a fucking battle. The fact that anyone, Bis included, would just stand there offering nothing but awkward silence is very disturbing to me.
some of that was freestyle

problem is, the quality level goes way down real fast if you're freestyling out of desperation. it basically opens the door to choking. its damn near impossible to end a round as strongly with a freestyle. especially for a dude battling in that style for the first time that only prepared three weeks
sometimes, this is true, sometimes not.

occasionally, one of these battle rapper's freestyle rebuttals will be 2 or 4 bars of absolute dynamite, that is more of a hard hitting line than some written set-up.

like Dizaster couldn't have known Canibus was going to wear an arm sling. So when he freestyled "you hit yourself in the chest so hard, your shoulders touched" and everyone was like :ohsh: , it was better than some other great lines he spit, like the one about Wyclef.

if you have prepared your battle mind, your vocabulary and your powers of observation enough, you can come up with a spontaneous rebuttal that's as strong as some of your writtens, and never have a moment of silence in your verse, whether you are freestyling or spitting writtens. but it takes ELEVATED SKILL.

you can see Dizaster at the end, choosing how he wanted to FINISH HIM.

and you can almost see his mind processing the infinite possibilities of the moment, like "what can I say about this vs. what did I plan to say about it? hmmmm... let's go with: I PUT CANIBUS IN A BOX AND LL COOL J IS A FAGGOT, just cause it's completely fun and games now" :rofl:
it takes preparing for more than three weeks for your first go round to pull that off. thats my entire point
agreed. but both of those guys are not rap rookies.

Is it safe to assume Canibus has done, and won, a face to face battle, ever before? I hope it is.
so he should have known better.

I agree with you that cats should have lots of rap weapons in store for the moment though. like bars upon bars upon bars. you really shouldn't enter one of those battles without 15-20 minutes of rehearsed verses, or at least FOUR rounds of raps for whatever time limit you have arranged... and then some freestyle-like extra shit in your head, just in case.

I've been Canibus, I've been in that exact position. And I never prepared for ANY show more than I prepared for that battle. Which is why I didn't choke :rofl:

Canibus is the ultimate human meme generator now, but it's starting with "daaamn homie. in high school, you was the maaan, homie. the fuck happened to you?!" :copy:
would you serve canibus in a battle?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

when rappers trolls other rappers...exclusively at :phila:
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

prancing around on some black man's art is one thing but seeing a rapper get their feelings hurt cuts the skin.

i dont care how baffling and weird acbar is, i aint trying to see guys get hurt

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Is the guy who runs these the same guy who rolls w babylon warchild? Maybe im getting wiggaz confused.

Looking forward to watching the whole battle. Im a big fan of canibus but its no surprise a washed up rapper who only ever spits writtens gets served at a battle. Do they not rap over beats at all btw?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Does Organik suffer from sickle cell anemia?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Employee wrote:Does Organik suffer from sickle cell anemia?
naw son he just drinks so much milk his calcium be makin his bones super strong, brah

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsdl44rJiEg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wsdl44rJiEg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Nets 2022

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

guys, i was so moved by this.
so i wrote a poem about this.
it's called, "you guys are all tripping."

peep:

you guys are all tripping.
this needed to happen.
hip hop needed this.
the internet needed this.
these memes. this moment.
this unity.
shared - hearty - tearful - laugh.
diz and bus, thank you
for sharing this moment
with us.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

post/sig, amirite???!!!

fuck. just realized i wrote "moments" twice.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

looks like another hit... and now your tying pieces to your sig whilst honoring the theme

wait, there is something called babylon warchild? how the fuck do people let this exist. if you like music and your music becomes corrupted by gumps and folks are accepting things called babylon warchild, then you deserve all the detrimental embarrassments that are happening

there has to be a line drawn somewhere by someone,
"you guys are tripping" song notwithstanding

our kids will look back on this era and laugh at us and then demand an explanation, and frankly...i dont know what the fuck to say

babylon warchild?

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

It blows my mind, kinda, that the standard in battlerap is so much higher in Europe. You get booed if people suspect you of spitting writtens, people are expected to freestyle and they also rap to a beat.

Of course the other guy practiced harder for this. Canibus had nothing to win and everything to lose. I thought the video was a bit awkward (not to mention boring) but that's about it.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

step one

Post by step one »

Moolah wrote:Mindbender, STFU! You sound like a 13 year old Bieber fan in this thread. Were you at the event? There's no way in hell Mindbender paid $30 to watch this shit, lolzerz.
Bender gets in everywhere for free dude. He's all up in the VIP at Charli 2na shows and popping bottles backstage at Choclair concerts.

He is going on mad gay in this thread though.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:It blows my mind, kinda, that the standard in battlerap is so much higher in Europe. You get booed if people suspect you of spitting writtens, people are expected to freestyle and they also rap to a beat.
You just described the battle rap scene in America from 10-15 years ago. Lulz at "higher standards".

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Moolah wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:It blows my mind, kinda, that the standard in battlerap is so much higher in Europe. You get booed if people suspect you of spitting writtens, people are expected to freestyle and they also rap to a beat.
You just described the battle rap scene in America from 10-15 years ago. Lulz at "higher standards".
:copy:

fuck euro rap nigga

Comedy Quaddafi

^ Being internetfriends with Mindbender and generally fascinated with black folk doesn't give you an n-pass, nigga.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

pretty sure i have no friends internet or otherwise but embellish on Europe battlerap, it can't be worse than this.

Alias@anticon.com

Post by Alias@anticon.com »

why is one of the dudes from H-Town standing behind Canibus the whole time?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Alias@anticon.com wrote:why is one of the dudes from H-Town standing behind Canibus the whole time?
a technique commonly known as shadowing; designed to gather any loose leaf battle notes that may fall during the battle. In Eurpoe it's called boxing

Alias@anticon.com

Post by Alias@anticon.com »

oh, ok. I just assumed he got lost on the way to Freaknik and ended up at this battle.

Comedy Quaddafi

capable_keL wrote:pretty sure i have no friends internet or otherwise but embellish on Europe battlerap, it can't be worse than this.
It's weird and gay to have a rehearsed live netcee poetry-slam. What's the point? Might as well read that shit from a notebook.

Bork-battles >
- MB