Canibus vs. Dizaster discussion

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

VAN GLORIOUS FROZEN MOMENTS FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICE.

speaker

Post by speaker »

I like how he starts running out of ideas about halfway through, and shifts from X-Files reruns to Apocalypto imagery:
This man was kind enough to help me escape but eventually I was hit with some type of dart in the back of my neck and the last thing I remember was falling on the back of my head (hence the stitches).

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Piff Tannen wrote:only a mindbender style response is appropriate for that letter

A few days before the KOTD Vendetta event, I was abducted by human blood sucking leeches
only got that far.

at first i was like, :fail: but then i was like :clay:

but then this nigga said
At the event I was very confident with the likes of Supernatural behind me and the guy whoג€™s strong stomach was showing-
and that had me like :epic: that changed into :thebest: but not before :bunk:
:hooray: :cheers: :hooray:

SO. much. gold. this is the birth of the dream that we all had lurking in the back of our minds when we heard about this battle, but nobody dared to speak publicly, for fear of looking... crazy. NOW WE HAVE THIS
interrogated for 86 hours straight about all the infinite rhymes that I had released
:ohsh: :bow: :rockout:

like, I saw something coming :ignore: :spidey: ... but I could have NEVER predicted this kind of :ff: :grap: :poke: :deform: :squ1d:

seriously though: where do we go from here? ROFL

Canibus released that to the world. Dude is gonna have Subjects 1 to 8 hunting him down forever now.

what's a Subject 9 to do? :killacam:

secret government lab abductee battle rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

bendy you realize that's a joke tumblr account someone made right?

speaker

Post by speaker »

intuition wrote:bendy you realize that's a joke tumblr account someone made right?
Could anybody actually read that and see the handiwork of Canibus?

The fact that it was entertaining, and at times hilarious, was the most obvious giveaway.

As easy to lampoon as Canibus has always been, "Making a Name for Ourselves" (while one of the weaker songs on One Day It'll All Makes Sense) is still less corny than any song Dizaster has ever recorded. Diz is an undeniably good battler, and like most battlers he can't make a listenable song to save his life. Not that I enjoy listening to either artist's recordings. This is just a "lesser of two mediocrities" judgement.
Last edited by speaker on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

11 pages, going strong and long.

speaker

Post by speaker »

Having actually watched the battle now, I agree with those who said Diz is running out of ideas.

I also agree with Cash's point that a lot of these cats lack the rhythm and breath control to shine even semi-brilliantly using actual mics over beats. That's why so few of these champions make music worth listening to.

Apart from the relative scarcity of white dudes with fitted hats and solemn expressions, watch this and tell me classic battles didn't have something we've lost (no homo):

http://youtu.be/dp4Wd7MVXr8

Not that anybody wants to listen to Supernat, but at least he could demonstrably rock a crowd.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

speaker wrote:Having actually watched the battle now, I agree with those who said Diz is running out of ideas.

I also agree with Cash's point that a lot of these cats lack the rhythm and breath control to shine even semi-brilliantly using actual mics over beats. That's why so few of these champions make music worth listening to.

Apart from the relative scarcity of white dudes with fitted hats and solemn expressions, watch this and tell me classic battles didn't have something we've lost (no homo):

Not that anybody wants to listen to Supernat, but at least he could demonstrably rock a crowd.
Your authenticity is both sensual and indisputable.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

diz made me laugh a lot but he's missing me with :ohsh: moments with each battle i've seen, and he's just not close to topping his dna performance with the henry bowers battle or this one

diz should just retire or get hungry again and get back into the circuit and battle some dope regulars. he can't top what he's done in the past. and he's too predictable, there's no novelty to his gimmicks anymore. he's a top 5 battle rap guy in this context ever, but i'm tired of his predictable set-up and set-ups and physical gimmicks.

and canibus? what can i say about canibus that i haven't already said about a malnourished, chin-for-a-face, squinting, handicapped, homeless, autistic alien?
Nets 2022

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

i don't even care about anything. part of me thinks the battle never even happened.

when this kind of thing happens, who cares about reality?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2EW4KzNoBM?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2EW4KzNoBM?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:rofl: :copy: :rofl:

"you beat me?! that's like a magic trick................................ I BET YOU LIKE WATCHING FAGGOTS KISS!" :lol:

"i'll make your head look like a burnt peanut! i don't give three fucks! i'll rip your body apart! i'll rip the body parts that i ripped apart. then i'll take the body parts that i ripped apart apart! i'll cut off your dick, put it in your mouth, rip off your head, shove your head up my ass...GRRRRRRRR" :nut:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :retard:

Canibus has just made the hiffop! FAIL of the year, without question.

'Detox' would have to come out and be worse than 'C True Hollywood Stories' to match this human rap implosion.

these jokes will be funny for a LONG time.

Canibus might as well laugh at this.

intuition, that apology is on RapRapar :oops:

"you a funny guy/ with peanut butter chocolate chip Oreo cookie buttercup eyes!"

:rofl: :copy: :rofl: forever.
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

speaker wrote: As easy to lampoon as Canibus has always been, "Making a Name for Ourselves" (while one of the weaker songs on One Day It'll All Makes Sense) is still less corny than any song Dizaster has ever recorded. Diz is an undeniably good battler, and like most battlers he can't make a listenable song to save his life. Not that I enjoy listening to either artist's recordings. This is just a "lesser of two mediocrities" judgement.
that song is dope as shit, and was a super leap forward in rhyming at the time.

please resort to no revisionist diminishing.

people may want to curbstomp Canibus's name NOW, cause it's easy.

but there WAS a time where things were WAAAAY different. a million anonymous people on the internet want to destroy and defecate on Germaine's name because he's now relatively insane. whatever. that doesn't change the history he definitely made.

it's like making fun of Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer now. yeah sure they're weak in hindsight... but to anyone who was alive in 1991 and old enough to know, you couldn't say shit. those names were HUGE in those times, and hating on them didn't affect anything.

Canibus puke, pissed and shit the bed this June 9th 2012... but June 9th 1999, he was damn near GOD. Dizaster knows it too, and even admitted it at the end of the battle, which was the realest moment of all.

that being said... Canibus now sadly is, to most people, the hip hop equivalent to Napster, Sega, and/or Betamax.

maybe he should just get the best beats of all time, and make the most angry rap music ever, LOL :kanyeshrug:

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Req wrote:
admiral wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong:

This was an online rap pay-per-view that cost $30 to order?
Toronto MC Theology 3 wrote this:
67000 pay per view buys at 30 dollars a piece, almost 3000 people at 70 a piece at the door. CAKE.
:ohsh:

gwop
this is bullshit, like when the dudes from SARS tried to front like they'd sold over 50k copies of their mixtape. Of course Theology 3 ate it up, dude is the epitome of gullible.
well I don't know what his source is... but it's not like it's NOT within the realm of possibility.

KOTD is the premier battle rap league in the world now.
it has divisions in 6 major cities across Canada, a country with a population of 35 million.
this Fresh Coast Division is spreading out into California/America, a country with a population of 300 million.
plus they also had battlers from Europe, a continent with 700 million people.

considering they have been featured in Forbes, on MTV, many online websites and blogs, and apparently KOTD videos have over 20 million views on YouTube...

if we're talking ACROSS PLANET EARTH, from Canada to U.S. to Europe: why isn't 67,000 pay-per-view customers feasible? :killacam:
I'd think that's possible in the States alone.

Drake, Raekwon, Madchild, etc. and other people with big fanbases/history/etc. have all been a part of the buzz building to this moment.

I mean, I admit to enjoying seeing some friends and family succeed... so I might have a bias, but the number I question more is 3000 at the event. I've been to MANY KOTD events and it looks like they usually top off around 1000-1500. There might have been more at 'World Domination 2' last year, but not much. I wasn't in L.A., and intuition could tell you better if he was good at doing crowd estimates... but still, it coulda been nearly 3000, Exchange LA looked big, and it crowded up by the end of the night. I just don't think it had 3000 people there. Maybe 2000... ask Intuition.

:icedit:

that's what I'm talkin bout, Lee.
You're a lunatic, bro.

There were like 250 people there. Tops. Yes, you read that right. 250.
Canibus got paid $35,000, not $12,000.
They split the PPV cost in half with Ustream.
They had a gang of other expenses.

KOTD took it in the ass on this event. Fact. Lost LOTS of money. I feel really bad for them.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

would you battle diz, mac? srs question. every1 would make money and it would do wonders for the battle scene. you sonned dirtbag dan, do it do it do it
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I love how Mindbender just assumes that anything he sees, hears or reads is true. :lol:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

speaker wrote:Apart from the relative scarcity of white dudes with fitted hats and solemn expressions, watch this and tell me classic battles didn't have something we've lost (no homo):

Bobbitto said it best.... "you couldn't even hear what they were saying!"

And I'll take well crafted personal verses over some "I know the place where the women are, i'll kick your ass here at the seminar" type "freestyles" all day err day.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Reason wrote:would you battle diz, mac? srs question. every1 would make money and it would do wonders for the battle scene. you sonned dirtbag dan, do it do it do it
No amount of money could give me the inspiration to battle again. Dizaster would kill me.

When I battled Dirtbag Dan, I was having a bit of a honeymoon phase with the new movement of written battles. I felt cats like Dumbfoundead, Hollow Da Don, Passwurdz, Conceited etc. were all doing some wild, creative shit, and I wanted to be a part of it.

Then it all went rapidly downhill.

I can barely even finish battles anymore. I still check for some choice names (mostly URL/street/thug dudes), but for the most part I'm over it. I still support the concept of it though. But it needs a surge of new creative ideas. And more girls. My GOD. These events have a 200/1 male/female ratio. And the women who do show up are lesbians.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Fake Canibus blog reads like a real Conspiracy post.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Moolah wrote:
speaker wrote:Apart from the relative scarcity of white dudes with fitted hats and solemn expressions, watch this and tell me classic battles didn't have something we've lost (no homo):

And I'll take well crafted personal verses over some "I know the place where the women are, i'll kick your ass here at the seminar" type "freestyles" all day err day.

lol@ well-crafted personal verses.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Funny to see how empirically this has been the biggest moment online for Canibus since Google started tracking that

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=canibus&cmpt=q
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

He needs to get on board with a Funny Or Die parody and figure out how to capitalize on this by having a good sense of humor about it.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Thun wrote:He needs to get on board with a Funny Or Die parody and figure out how to capitalize on this by having a good sense of humor about it.
Cannibus and Sense of Humor???? :megaman:

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Thun wrote:lol@ well-crafted personal verses.
But......they did research.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thun wrote:
Moolah wrote:

You're familiar with this argument Moolah has. Personals always make the verses better apparently. I disagree because if you rely on personals way too much, you appear to be more of a fucking creep or snitch than someone who can write or even freestyle well in a battle.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Cash Rulz wrote:
Thun wrote:He needs to get on board with a Funny Or Die parody and figure out how to capitalize on this by having a good sense of humor about it.
Cannibus and Sense of Humor???? :megaman:
yeah. I've seen him smile a genuine smile, and he's a nice guy to talk to in person... but there isn't much musical evidence of Bis having a sense of humor.

Shame, really. You CAN'T survive hip hop without being able to laugh at yourself, sometimes.

Canibus can only come back from this fiasco IF he doesn't take himself so seriously.
Thun wrote:
Moolah wrote:

they are though. Dizaster fucking ENDED Canibus on a certain level. When he brought up that shit about Canibus being wack for demanding to rap last in that cipher with Big Pun, DMX, and Mos Def, that was a :ohsh: :copy: that is the definition of a well-crafted attack.

this is all personal opinion, which smug people repeatedly fail to acknowledge... (not just you, Thun. i got no problem with you, but seriously)

I mean, I personally prefer viciously-penned targeted diatribes too, instead of the "oooh, he rapped about the t-shirt the other guy is wearing right now, so it's GOTTA be freestyle!" type battles. the thing is, when MCs start trolling Facebook pages and being all "hey faggot face/ know that the only fact I have to say/ is that I know that in real life, your second stepbrother actually just contracted AIDS/ and that is why you rap this gay" where dudes do all this real world research on other dudes girlfriends, children, jobs, families, and nearly irrelevant material...

what part of the game is that? :thebest:

i mean, a good ol' mom joke is always pretty funny. but sometimes, they just go too far, and it's like "yo, the crowd doesn't know or care about homie's day job... and sure, maybe he IS a toilet cleaner during the day. but can this toilet cleaner rap better than you?"

that's all that matters. (to me) :megaman:
maclethal wrote:
Req wrote:
admiral wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong:

This was an online rap pay-per-view that cost $30 to order?
Toronto MC Theology 3 wrote this:
67000 pay per view buys at 30 dollars a piece, almost 3000 people at 70 a piece at the door. CAKE.
:ohsh:

gwop
this is bullshit, like when the dudes from SARS tried to front like they'd sold over 50k copies of their mixtape. Of course Theology 3 ate it up, dude is the epitome of gullible.
well I don't know what his source is... but it's not like it's NOT within the realm of possibility.

KOTD is the premier battle rap league in the world now.
it has divisions in 6 major cities across Canada, a country with a population of 35 million.
this Fresh Coast Division is spreading out into California/America, a country with a population of 300 million.
plus they also had battlers from Europe, a continent with 700 million people.

considering they have been featured in Forbes, on MTV, many online websites and blogs, and apparently KOTD videos have over 20 million views on YouTube...

if we're talking ACROSS PLANET EARTH, from Canada to U.S. to Europe: why isn't 67,000 pay-per-view customers feasible? :killacam:
I'd think that's possible in the States alone.

Drake, Raekwon, Madchild, etc. and other people with big fanbases/history/etc. have all been a part of the buzz building to this moment.

I mean, I admit to enjoying seeing some friends and family succeed... so I might have a bias, but the number I question more is 3000 at the event. I've been to MANY KOTD events and it looks like they usually top off around 1000-1500. There might have been more at 'World Domination 2' last year, but not much. I wasn't in L.A., and intuition could tell you better if he was good at doing crowd estimates... but still, it coulda been nearly 3000, Exchange LA looked big, and it crowded up by the end of the night. I just don't think it had 3000 people there. Maybe 2000... ask Intuition.

:icedit:

that's what I'm talkin bout, Lee.
You're a lunatic, bro.

There were like 250 people there. Tops. Yes, you read that right. 250.
Canibus got paid $35,000, not $12,000.
They split the PPV cost in half with Ustream.
They had a gang of other expenses.

KOTD took it in the ass on this event. Fact. Lost LOTS of money. I feel really bad for them.
I have no reason to dispute any of this. Yes, you read that right, ANY of it. :liljon:
(Except it looked like AT LEAST 500 people on camera, at the peak of the event, when Canibus was battling. And that's conservative, but I've never been to the Exchange, I don't know the venue size. Really? 250? Fuck, cats really hate KOTD or battle rap now. In Canada, I've been to multiple KOTD events with a good 800-1000 people, without question. Club XS, where Drake, Raekwon, Dizaster, Thesaurus, Jus Allah, Madchild, Soul Khan, Dirtbag Dan, etc. is in the heart of the entertainment district, 1 block from MuchMusic, and its one of the biggest clubs in the city. KOTD events fill it up so much, they broke off into two other venues... but that's in Toronto.)

Lush Won will have the answer. if they have another Fresh Coast event any time soon, we'll really know what's up.

I believe you though, mac. I feel very sorry for Organik and KOTD too, but I hope they can turn this around into the next step forward.

:lol: I especially believe the part where you said "you're a lunatic, bro." I TOTALLY know that much is trilla true, brother mac :leon:

damn. 250? :bunk:

maybe battle rap IS dying slow. cause that was the biggest battle of 2012, no fucking question.

fuck... Canibus's next song is so highly and lowly anticipated, it's unreal.
Moolah wrote:I love how Mindbender just assumes that anything he sees, hears or reads is true. :lol:
I love it too.

I loved the movie "True Lies" the most, though.

Believing everything shows you what kind of liars and frauds you are dealing with when the truth comes out. People are only as sick as the secrets they keep. and a lot of you cats would never even speak your real names on the internet. what are you, murderous hiffop! crackhead pedophiles or something? :rofl:

to be honest, I'm more of an unbridled optimist. I want to live in a world where people TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH, AND ONLY THE TRUTH.

I have never had something to tell you all, then manipulated it for my own personal gain. That shit is for pathetic weak chumps who don't know how to live right.

that's why I'm a good journalist, because I tell, write and reflect the truth as much as possible.

I'd rather believe everything and be wrong, than doubt everything and be wrong.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Magneto wrote:Canibus brother responds. And I have officially died

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5Mcjc52izs?ve ... ge"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5Mcjc52izs?ve ... detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
:naswtf:

Thun

Post by Thun »

ardamus wrote:
Thun wrote:
Moolah wrote:

You're familiar with this argument Moolah has. Personals always make the verses better apparently. I disagree because if you rely on personals way too much, you appear to be more of a fucking creep or snitch than someone who can write or even freestyle well in a battle.
I just don't think that 50 iterations of "you're a faggot" or "you live at home with your moms" constitute well-crafted verses because they contain multisyllabic slant rhymes, is all.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

- aliens dont have senses of humor

- to maclethal, i respect your decision/opinion but slightly disagree. first of all u are ruthless when battling while being hilarious, a perfect matchup against a guy like diz. u got the flow/delivery way on lock compared to him and once u rosanne barr covered in tar him in quadruple time i have little doubt u would win the crowd permanently. especially battle rap nerd crowds that get every reference i just made. my overall point though is that when u match up two top guys (see: real deal vs ness lee aeveral
months ago) u often do have a watchable battle from start to finish. but yes what u said applies to 90% of truth and battle scene life
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

plus im pretty sure u are headliner material, not on an undercard, AND u should just do it so u do a show after to make the ticket prices and incentive to go fatter, and u could even get the top battle rapper to rock the stage with u. i think theres GWOP and fun to be had by all
Nets 2022

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

Reason wrote:- aliens dont have senses of humor

- to maclethal, i respect your decision/opinion but slightly disagree. first of all u are ruthless when battling while being hilarious, a perfect matchup against a guy like diz. u got the flow/delivery way on lock compared to him and once u rosanne barr covered in tar him in quadruple time i have little doubt u would win the crowd permanently. especially battle rap nerd crowds that get every reference i just made. my overall point though is that when u match up two top guys (see: real deal vs ness lee aeveral
months ago) u often do have a watchable battle from start to finish. but yes what u said applies to 90% of truth and battle scene life
i think he means that he has little to no interest in doing it. no passion for it. and no amount of money can spark good ideas if his heart isn't in it.
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Wait, I take it all back cos without these arrhythmical irl netcees joke contests, this never would have happened.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aj01QpTs4pY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aj01QpTs4pY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>