what kind of mp3 player do you own/use

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

zombie

what kind of mp3 player do you own/use

Post by zombie »

ive been using my phone for years

but batteries suck on phones, what mp3 player do you all use?

zombie

Post by zombie »

right. I only ever come to this board so if this belongs somewhere else go ahead and move it :lol:

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

i never wanted to buy an ipod so ive tried many of the offbrand getdowns they all suck but i've found sansa's to suck the least

Dan

Post by Dan »

80gb iPod Classic.

mishk

Post by mishk »

cowan d2+ with rockbox. Battery lasts lie 40 hours and rocbox is easily the best opensource jukebox software out there if your into that kind of thing

wuk

Post by wuk »

ive had the same 8gb sansa for like 6 years. battery life is crazy good.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Sony Walkman, though i'd never call it that since i equate that name with the cd walkman i used to run the streets with way after their extinction.

Good mp3 player tho, only 8gbs which is pathetic of me but I just dont have the balls to jump on the ipod bandwagon and up my storage space..

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

iPhone 4S.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

There are still non apple products that play music?

Versive

Post by Versive »

that 120 gig pod.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i have 4 ipods, 2 are nanos. and an assortment of cheap mp3s with stuff i don't care about

a less than thrilling necessity, but like cassettes, vinyl, CDS i have an obsession/compulsive need to get as many as i can
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

Zune is supposed to be better than the Ipod. I personally do not own a Zune but if it's better than the Ipod I'd buy a Zune.
NICE CAT!

dubs

Post by dubs »

Rob Sonic wrote:Zune is supposed to be better than the Ipod. I personally do not own a Zune but if it's better than the Ipod I'd buy a Zune.

I was given a 120gb zune a few weeks ago. But he didn't give me the charger, so I don't know how it works yet.

Hope this helped.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

dubs wrote:
Rob Sonic wrote:Zune is supposed to be better than the Ipod. I personally do not own a Zune but if it's better than the Ipod I'd buy a Zune.

I was given a 120gb zune a few weeks ago. But he didn't give me the charger, so I don't know how it works yet.

Hope this helped.
This helped very much, please let me know how the Zune works when you can, Compare it to an Apple Ipod if possible.

Thank you.
NICE CAT!

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

cowon J3

if your main concern is top quality audio and if you have a really good pair of headphones. this player is unreal. battery life is also amazing.

also http://www.anythingbutipod.com

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Samsung galaxy 3s

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Use my phone mostly.

But when exercising or when traveling long distances I use a 4gb Sansa Clip. Shit is fucking tiny, has insanely good battery life, really good sound quality for how small and cheap it is, and costs like 40 bucks. It's also been really durable (had it for a loooong time now, at least since three phones ago).

edit:

this, which is an 8gb one apparently (same size & design)

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

^^^
yeah those sansa ones rate high on most review sites. they are perfect for using in situations you wouldn't want to risk a phone or expensive player in. and the sound quality is supposed to be great.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Iphone 4 32GB. Still works like a charm.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Balzac wrote:^^^
yeah those sansa ones rate high on most review sites. they are perfect for using in situations you wouldn't want to risk a phone or expensive player in. and the sound quality is supposed to be great.
Word. Just clipped to my shorts while at the gym or riding my bike around it really can't be fucked with.

The new ones (like the one in the pic) also have a microsd expansion slot, meaning you could beast the little fucker up to 40GB of storage and still be coming in at about 65 bucks.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

I use my phone.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

My 120 GB Zune is on life support right now and I'm bugging out. When it was working tho it was the shit. And I'd recommend Zune over iPod all day.

The shitty part tho is that Microsoft didn't share this same sentiment and thought competing against Apple wasn't profitable and stop making Zunes. Getting a new one now will most certainly cost you a grip.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

with the advent of television screen/ipod-adaptable/ipod-charging-dock-accessible treadmills and bikes in my gym(s), i have no need to buy an extra device beyond my iphone 4s

but i'll admit that all-black 8 gig sansa popeye posted is sexy. i just don't run outside (bad for my knees) or do any exercise activity where the earbuds wouldn't keep falling out that the sansa would be worth it (sprinting/playing lite basketball, etc.) so i'm pretty much resigned to not listening to my music on my device unless i'm doing specific exercises
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Tired & Broke wrote:My 120 GB Zune is on life support right now and I'm bugging out. When it was working tho it was the shit. And I'd recommend Zune over iPod all day.
:naswtf: it's on life support and it's bugging out and microsoft doesn't make new ones...and you'd recommend it over ipod?

wtf is wrong with you apple haters? even that anythingbutipod site is a fucking joke that basically just chronicles all the failures of all non-ipods

^^
a post from that site
Nets 2022

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

mishk wrote:cowan d2+ with rockbox. Battery lasts lie 40 hours and rocbox is easily the best opensource jukebox software out there if your into that kind of thing
^^I was using one of these, but now I just use my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) with a 32GB memory card just for music.

I've also got a Sandisk Sansa Clip+ which is tiny and really light, so it's good if you're out running or riding a bike.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Reason wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:My 120 GB Zune is on life support right now and I'm bugging out. When it was working tho it was the shit. And I'd recommend Zune over iPod all day.
:naswtf: it's on life support and it's bugging out and microsoft doesn't make new ones...and you'd recommend it over ipod?

wtf is wrong with you apple haters? even that anythingbutipod site is a fucking joke that basically just chronicles all the failures of all non-ipods

^^
a post from that site

Pump ya breaks fam, I said I'm bugging out cause I had over 7000 tracks and feel really "lost" without my music.

As far as failure rate I'd say the Zune and iPod are pretty similar. My sis has been thru 3 different iPods with each one failing due to hardware or software issues.

Microsoft had a good product with the Zune, but too Pussy to see it thru and cut its life cycle short prematurely.

And for the record I'm not an apple hater, but I'm not a fan of iTunes putting its program all in the core of my PC either.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

ok that clinches, it I'm throwing out my Apple Ipod and getting a Zune MP3 player.
NICE CAT!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

had never even heard of a sansa stark prior to this thread what strange bird fellows you peoples are
use my iphone
have had 2 ipods over the past decade. hard drive in the first one shit the bed five + years in. seconds ones still going strong. go go zune i do believe i do believe
moved by duck muscles

zombie

Post by zombie »

Rob Sonic wrote:ok that clinches, it I'm throwing out my Apple Ipod and getting a Zune MP3 player.
Hey, let me know where you get one.

apparently the whole world piled them up and burned them.

Even the official Zune website doesn't sell them.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

120gb ipod i bought three years ago and barely use now. dismantled it and replaced the battery in it a year or so ago. taking an ipod apart basically ruins the housing, so i replaced that, too.

mainly just use the smartphone and google music or spotify. htc androids, so i carry spare batteries on me.