Murs - "Animal Style" (VIDEO)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Murs - "Animal Style" (VIDEO)

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WwTSPcNSi40?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WwTSPcNSi40?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Cali emcee Murs presents the Hobostewd-directed music video for "Animal Style", the Embassy-produced track from his recent BluRoc release Love & Rockets Volume 1: The Transformation. "Animal Style is a song I did for many reasons," Murs explains. "The first was to be an advocate for people close to me who are out, and those who have yet to come out. It's also a love song, which is nothing new for me. But with this one I wanted to challenge the listener to ask themselves: Is the love shared by two people of the same gender, really that different than the love I have for my partner of the opposite sex? And finally, I just felt it was crucial for some of us in the hip hop community to speak up on the issues of teen suicide, bullying, and the overall anti-homosexual sentiment that exist within hip hop culture. I felt so strongly about these issues and this song that I had to do a video that would command some attention, even if it makes some viewers uncomfortable. Even if it came at the cost of my own comfort."

Dap

Post by Dap »

gonna go ahead and advise everyone to not watch this piece of shit and save yourself the time.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Song isn't about french fries? Fuck it then.

PEACE

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

props to murs

Eyedea

Post by Eyedea »

song is great, didnt think murs was gonna have the guts and make it a single too...video isnt what I would expect, but its a solid simple story overall...propz!
Last edited by Eyedea on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ogie

Post by ogie »

ALASKA wrote:props to murs

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

yup

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Sylissez wrote:
yup
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

murs stays doin next level shit. consider me a fan for life.
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

ardamus wrote:
Sylissez wrote:
yup

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzwlsRc9zHk?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzwlsRc9zHk?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

so wait, is he gay or not?

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Well made song that I'll probably never listen to again, I'm sure there are some young people who will champion it as an anthem though, and thats fine.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Yawn so Murs also catched up on riding the gay rights fad? So just because it's a hype now everybody hops on (nh) board the bandwagon?

But hey, if it makes them feel all self-righteous and full of themselves, who am I to judge right?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kace wrote:Yawn so Murs also catched up on riding the gay rights fad? So just because it's a hype now everybody hops on (nh) board the bandwagon?

But hey, if it makes them feel all self-righteous and full of themselves, who am I to judge right?
:jaz:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

not saying this cause of the gay content, but the song itself is garbage...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

sean wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Sylissez wrote:
yup
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dap

Post by Dap »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:not saying this cause of the gay content, but the song itself is garbage...
yup. im a big murs fan and this shit fucking sucks.

Dap

Post by Dap »

did you guys need a song to tell you that it's ok to like the gays? i don't understand how this song is dope in any what whatsoever but fuck it

could you EVER see yourself bumping this outside of this thread or when someone makes you? i mean really.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

song is dope. murs showcases his storytelling abilities again.
illegal mind shoe lace

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

I'm more impressed at how he was able to get himself to look so young in the video. Literally looks like a teenager.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

HomeSkillet wrote:Well made song that I'll probably never listen to again, I'm sure there are some young people who will champion it as an anthem though, and thats fine.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:Yawn so Murs also catched up on riding the gay rights fad? So just because it's a hype now everybody hops on (nh) board the bandwagon?

You mad bro?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I guess most rap that is getting attention is catering to something fashionable. At least he came up with an idea that hasn't been expressed in rap yet (Louis Logic tried but hes too annoying). Murs been in the business for years and this seems like something he would do so you can't be mad at that IMO, dude deserves some attention and he found a way to get it.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:

You mad bro?
LOL. You threatened by two men passionately french kissing, bro?

Willie $krilla

Post by Willie $krilla »

This is pretty gay.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Pretty sickened by the intolerance, yo.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

so hes not gay, just tryin to prove a point???

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Combo7 wrote:I'm more impressed at how he was able to get himself to look so young in the video. Literally looks like a teenager.
black dont crack bro

Kace

Post by Kace »

Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:

You mad bro?
LOL. You threatened by two men passionately french kissing, bro?
No I'm pointing out hypocrisy. All these years nobody cared about gay people. Where were all these so-called 'compassionate and tolerant' people back then?

And just because the media has decided now to make campaigning for gay rights hip and fashionable, all of a sudden everybody starts caring. That's herd mentality.