who are your top 5 artists from your area right now?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ANUBIS5

Re: who are your top 5 artists from your area right now?

Post by ANUBIS5 »

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Sometimes i wish j prince still gave a damn.. and would hurt these young faggots for disrespectin the game so blatantly

david111

Post by david111 »

lil durk, king louie, tree, chief keef, giftz

i think SD is more promising than ppl realized at first & lil reese is punching out of his weight class well. i think chance will become a good or even great artist at some point. i think chinchilla meek is more promising than people realize.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Versive wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:1 and 4 are not "from" our area. You gonna claim Fat Joe too since he lives in Miami?
:larry:

half of south florida arent "from" south florida. hell, i was born up north and came down here. the majority were born in the carribean, cuba, or ny. so yea i would consider fat joe "from" florida right now. they filing tax returns here right?

u live/from florida?
Regardless I think the primary intent of the thread was to point out upcoming talent or more specifically artists who've only achieved popularity at the local level, meaning city and statewide.

Birdman and Wayne might live in Miami, but they're widely considered New Orleans rappers as that's where they're from, where they first achieved popularity and what they've repped for most of their careers. Similarly, Fat Joe is a product of the Bronx.

And what, no Gunplay or Spaceghostpurrp? Your Miami list sucks.

if the purpose of this thread is to point out upcoming talent and so on, there are already 2 threads about those two artists. they are already overhyped/popular on this forum, so whats the difference :bunk: ?

and dont get it twisted pit can rap his ass off