Ghostface X Adrian Younge (updated with first single)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Neuro

Re: Ghostface X Adrian Younge (updated with first single)

Post by Neuro »

i saw on their facebooks pictures of all the orders in piles gettin shipped out, and they were sayin they truely are sorry for the delay

Verge

Post by Verge »

Just received my paypal refund after a 10 day wait for the label to respond, which they didn't do, so i got me duckets back. Everywhere i've seen, most heads are getting their dough back through paypal before the 45 day limit is reached. Once 45 days has passed after you purchased, you're beat for any refund through paypal.
And i haven't heard of any one person at all receiving this bundle yet.
Sorry to bear the bad news.

If you really really still want the bundle, just get the refund through paypal and get the Getondown bundle instead, they've never robbed anybody afaik.

Verge

Post by Verge »

i didn't see Neuro's post there. Ok, good news then for heads who still have their money invested in this. :cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

link for the facebook page please?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I got an email today saying that my package was sent out.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:I got an email today saying that my package was sent out.
Same. Some ghetto ass e-mail. Didn't even provide a fucking tracking number or a postal service. Record label is a joke. Last time I buy shit through there.

Gregg Popabitch

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:I got an email today saying that my package was sent out.
Same. Some ghetto ass e-mail. Didn't even provide a fucking tracking number or a postal service. Record label is a joke. Last time I buy shit through there.
Yep.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I liked the Brown tape but felt that it would have been doper if Ghost had been in the studio with Apollo Brown, you can tell that it's just Ghost's accapellas over beats and it lacks chemistry.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Jaz wrote:I liked the Brown tape but felt that it would have been doper if Ghost had been in the studio with Apollo Brown, you can tell that it's just Ghost's accapellas over beats and it lacks chemistry.
Actually been listening to it a lot more than Adrian Younge version.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Jaz wrote:I liked the Brown tape but felt that it would have been doper if Ghost had been in the studio with Apollo Brown, you can tell that it's just Ghost's accapellas over beats and it lacks chemistry.
:sherlock:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Actually been listening to it a lot more than Adrian Younge version.
Yeah on repeated listening it is better than the A Younge version.

step one

Post by step one »

Ghost picks up some of his favourite joints from his catalogue

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05/gh ... al-albums/
“I even like ‘Spot Rusherz.’ Rae was saying some fly shit on there. And I was going in on the intro. But I remember when I said, ‘Yo Rae, come here,’ at the end, and he’s like, ‘Yo, chill Ghost.’ And I’m like, ‘Yo Rae, I’m ‘bout to scrape her.’ But I said ‘rape’ at first. ‘Yo Rae, I’m ‘bout to rape her.’ He was like, ‘Nah, we can’t say that.’ [Laughs.] It was too much. He said, ‘No, just say ‘scrape her.’’ And it became ‘scrape.’ I was just thinking about that the other day.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

^^ real good article.

they couldn't use the sun beat because rza got high a lost it.. :owens:
illegal mind shoe lace

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

“Adrian gave me the hit list, like, ‘For this track, I want you to talk about this. For this track, I want you to talk about this.’ I didn’t have that much time to really brainstorm how I usually do. Sometimes, it might take me a couple of days to fuck around and write a rhyme. It might take me two weeks to finish it, ‘cause I can’t catch it. I’m too hard on myself. It might have been right, but I second guess a lot of shit. So I did what I felt worked using the time I had. And it came out decent.
hard sell.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

It's crazy how hard he his on all of his own albums. I've read interviews with him in the past where he talks about why albums should have been better or whatever. Always picks apart his past work.
EichTurner wrote:^^ real good article.

they couldn't use the sun beat because rza got high a lost it.. :owens:
Heard him tell that story before. Mad funny.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

his self criticisms are on point. refreshing, i haven't heard another artist so honest.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

No mention of Big Doe Rehab though.

I ignored it when it dropped but picked it up before 12 Reasons dropped and its pretty good. Definitely better than Pretty Toney and Bulletproof Wallets, and possibly more cohesive than Fishscale.
At the time I remember thinking it sounded like he was on autopilot and in danger of his style becoming a bit forumalic but when you havent heard him for a while it sounds good.

Agree its good to see a rapper appraising their catalogue like that. Suprised he seemed a bit down on Ironman though.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

step one wrote:No mention of Big Doe Rehab though.

I ignored it when it dropped but picked it up before 12 Reasons dropped and its pretty good. Definitely better than Pretty Toney and Bulletproof Wallets, and possibly more cohesive than Fishscale.
At the time I remember thinking it sounded like he was on autopilot and in danger of his style becoming a bit forumalic but when you havent heard him for a while it sounds good.

Agree its good to see a rapper appraising their catalogue like that. Suprised he seemed a bit down on Ironman though.
Yeah I found that weird too. He looks back on it as though he's not proud of it all. Also I somewhat agree with you about BDR. I'd say Fishscale>BDR>Pretty Toney>Bulletproof Wallets. Never understood the hate BDR gets.

Also, by the way, I finally got my bundle yesterday in case anyone is still waiting.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Ironman is RZA's album. it's more like a wu group project than a ghost solo and he knows that.

I think big doe rehab is pretty weak but i listened just once. yolanda's house is all i remember. apollo kids is not listed either (for a reason). same deal i gave it one listen & didn't revisit, but someone insisted to me recently it's dope so maybe another spin is in order.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:Ironman is RZA's album. it's more like a wu group project than a ghost solo and he knows that.
no, its very much a ghostface album.

i kinda get what you are saying , although all the earlier debut wu solos can be considered as Wu group albums

ian e

Post by ian e »

seems like ghost is very much concerned with making his records "colorful" (in emotions, i guess).

i like ironman especially for its 'darkness' tho. :larry:

step one

Post by step one »

yeah, I wouldnt say Ironman is anymore a RZA album than Liquid Swords, Tical or OBFCL is. He oversaw the first batch of Wu solo joints but they all have their own identity etched into them.

I need to go back to Apollo Kids. I liked it when it dropped but when I want to listen to some GFK thats not one that immediately springs to mind. Definitely some good joints on there though if you like him rapping over breakbeats. I dont think signing to Def Jam really suited him though which is maybe why he's not so keen on those albums.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

ghostface even said in an interview that apollo kids is in fact just a polished up mixtape

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Ironman is such a stellar album, not surprising that Ghost isn't too proud of it. Its most definitely dark in comparison to all his other releases and the Ghostface of today doesn't seem like a man that enjoys the dark, grimey sounding music that he released almost 20 years ago. I mean the comment he made about "Assassination Day" was cool to hear, and I'm glad he decided to pass and let MK, Deck & RZA destroy it. Its good that Ghost had the foresight to sit that one out, instead of half ass it.

Kinda surprised OBFCL II was a bunch of mailed in verses and still sound so cohesive. But now that I think about it, it makes sense cause there's not many interludes or skits were Ghost & Rae just build like in the first OBFCL.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

yeah, I wouldnt say Ironman is anymore a RZA album than Liquid Swords, Tical or OBFCL is. He oversaw the first batch of Wu solo joints but they all have their own identity etched into them.
I feel like these are all RZA albums. GZA said in an interview once he had no idea what liquid swords sounded like before RZA played it back to him. OBFCL & Ironman sound closer to each other than any of rae or ghost's other solos.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Gregg Popabitch

Did anyone else go to the NY Show?

step one

Post by step one »

spotted this on the DWG forum
Dear Wu Fans and Consumers,

First, let us apologize for not staying in tune with everyone and keeping you all abreast of the situation, it was deeper than we expected. Secondly, we have begun refunding those that have asked to be refunded to their PayPal accounts for unsent product. Thirdly, Soul Temple is under organizational restructuring and a new staff has been working to get all this mess sorted out.

It has come to our attention within all of this sorting, that the Bobby Perry situation is deeper than fans not getting orders, we are dealing with legal issues that encompasses embezzling funds from Soul Temple, artist not getting paid their advancement fees, employee’s not being paid, and a host of other issues that has befallen the running of Soul Temple.

RZA personally is covering many expenses to rectify this situation at hand and it is taking much longer than expected because of all the outstanding debt due to how Bob ran the company, There was an agreement with an outside shipping company located in Pennsylvania that is to ship out all ordered product. There should have been no issue on the side of Soul Temple or you, the purchaser, you paid in advance for your shipping to arrive as stated.

Unfortunately he has not paid this shipping company thousands of dollars, and product that has been ordered by you all is sitting in a warehouse. The information to the warehouse location and name wasn’t given to us until yesterday when Bob Perry finally released the information. At an out of pocket cost to RZA he is working to pay this bill high cost, to fulfill his WORD and get the product that has been sitting paid and shipped out to everyone that has been gracious enough to wait instead of asking for the refund.

Bob Perry, refusal to be helpful in rectifying many issues has been as stagnate as it was with him responding your complaints before this point. Our request, for necessary information, after promises of providing it on numerous occasions, was causing the slow-down in many areas in sorting the Soul Temple problems which includes product that is sitting.

The new team is truly determined in sorting this out, and it has been a slow process. For those of you who still haven’t gotten your product if you now wish for a refund or if you haven’t received your refund please notify Band Camp. If you still wish to have your product now that we have located where it is being held, please inform Band Camp of the purchase and product. If you have ordered shirts, or specialty items, we might not be able to fulfill those particular orders since they were set up Bob Perry, and we are not sure if they are at the ware house as well, or being shipped from another location. If we are unable to ship those items we will refund.

Once again, we do apologize for the un-professionalism of Soul Temple and thanks again all for your unwilling patience in this matter as we finish sorting it all.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Bob Perry. I mean, if cats haven't learned their lessons by now they deserve to get jacked.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

thats fucking weird, everysingle youtube i just tried to check for this song is mute, but other youtube videos and songs do have sound