Young Zee & Mr. Green - One Crazy Weekend

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Rob Banks

Young Zee & Mr. Green - One Crazy Weekend

Post by Rob Banks »

Since I haven't seen a post about this record since the "I Love It" single came out a year ago, I figured I'd start one...

First of all, let me say that I'm a diehard Outsidaz fan. Pacewon is probably my favorite rapper ever...

With that said, this is probably my favorite rap album of 2012. It's pretty much vintage Zee. 95% of it is about drugs, guns and robberies, and different ways to get a chick pregnant, which is totally fine with me, encouraged even.

There's plenty of standout tracks such as "Chilling Wit My Kids", "Hometown", "Weird", "If I Only Had A Brain", etc.

In all honesty, it's probably a more consistent record than Pace & Green's The Only Color That Matter Is Green, although it doesn't have any single tracks that are on par with "Children Sing" or "Eye of the Needle"

I haven't heard the new Pace & Green yet (I'm waiting for the vinyl next month), but I'd love to hear what you guys think about it... It seems like most people don't think it's as good as the first one.

I for one could not be happier about the new direction Da Outz seem to be going in. Around 2006 (and after Pace's woefully bad Telepathy album), I wasn't sure if either of these dudes would ever put out another record again. Nonetheless, these dudes are putting about better music in their mid-30s than they were in their early 20s. I think everyone kinda knows that lackluster production routinely hindered some of their earlier efforts (Night Life was pretty solid, but Da Bricks was spotty at best)... So I really have to give Mr. Green his credit. Not only has he given them a fresh, new sound, but he's given both Pace and Zee the consistency they never seemed to have ten, twelve years ago...

Thoughts?
I like Philly basketball, Boston baseball, and New York rap.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Re: Young Zee & Mr. Green - One Crazy Weekend

Post by Ned Ryerson »

the zee album is pretty good, i've been enjoying it. don't like the beats as much as green's stuff on the only color that matters is green. i think zee can hold down an album better by himself tho. was kinda :naswtf: at all the references to him making crazy paper tho. anyone believe he's really hustling like that?

could barely make it through the new pace won/mr green album. pace sounds really uninspired and the content is super boring. i can almost hear him grinding his teeth from the excess of molly

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

I love this album. Zee is entertaining as fuck, and Mr Green's simple beats are perfect for him.

I had higher hopes for the new Pacewon album, but Zee's is better.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Zee dropped a "mixtape" free album last month?

http://www.datpiff.com/Young-Zee-Blunts ... 02659.html

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

There's a PIFF JAMES feature?!

I mean, I know the Outz are affiliated with pretty much everyone in Jersey so I wouldn't be surprised that they're down, but of all the names I haven't read in a while to see that pop up on a mixtape of new Young Zee music just kind of threw me for a loop.

I like James. Looking forward to listening.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com