Did anyone post Intuitions new video yet?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Piff Tannen

Did anyone post Intuitions new video yet?

Post by Piff Tannen »

clean ass video, as usual, and a really well done song i thought.

:phila:

Gyangsta 4 Life

Re: Did anyone post Intuitions new video yet?

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

slug started a genre.

86K views in 4 days is impressive tho.

ape9

Post by ape9 »

very dope song and video!

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

tui got that lethal slider.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

siLLy KiD wrote:tui got that lethal slider.
My thoughts exactly.

Really well done.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:slug started a genre.

86K views in 4 days is impressive tho.
was on the front page of reddit for awhile. well done.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Really great.

I have appealed to my baseball coaching friend to assess Tui's windup.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Oh instant feedback:

"Pretty good. The guy was at least a HS pitcher. Possibly more."

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

intuition also done flipped his photography game into some dopeass album covers
Nets 2022

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

Good shit. Wouldnt say it if I didnt mean it.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Dids wrote: "Pretty good. The guy was at least a HS pitcher. Possibly more."
that's pretty right on.

appreciate you posting it Piff. This was a blog I posted along with the video:
My father was a military man. He was an athlete, an artist, a music lover, a charming smart-ass who always had a clever retort. He was a 6’6″ giant and there was nothing scarier than his tennis racket sized hands, though he rarely had to lift them to make my brother and I behave. He seemed to literally be the “Big Man On Campus” on our small Air Force Base. As kids, we couldn’t go anywhere without someone recognizing him and wanting to talk for a few minutes.

When I was 9, my little league team was the Cubs, we were in 1st place. We were playing the Pirates, they were in last place. It wasn’t hard to tell why, their coach was negative and aggressive, yelling at players and taunting the other team. I was at bat and he was screaming at the pitcher “C’MON SON PUT IT DOWN THE MIDDLE, THEY’VE GOT NO HITTERS, NO HITTERS ON THEIR TEAM!” The next pitch I roped the ball straight off the center field fence. As I trotted down first base I looked at the coach and said “No hitters huh?” It turned into a standup triple and, as I settled on the base proud of my early attempt at shit talking, the coach yelled from the dugout, “BOY IF YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN I’M GOING TO STOMP YOU.”

In a purely instinctual reaction my dad flew off the bleachers near 3rd base, ran around the backstop, stepped over the waist high fencing on the side of their dugout (a normal sized man would’ve had to hop over it), grabbed the coach by his collar, looked down from his huge height advantage and bellowed “WHO YOU GONNA STOMP NOW?!?!” I was scared for the coach because I’d felt the wrath of those tennis racket sized hands before. At the same time I’d never understood how much he cared until I saw him react that way.

In 2009, a few days after his 55th birthday, my father was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease. An elongated conversation with the charming man I remember from my childhood has been reduced to a chain of repeated questions or sentiments. In a long car ride, he’ll turn around every 2 minutes or so to make sure my mom is still in the backseat. Even still, if you weren’t told you might not know. The remnants of his clever charm have created great defense mechanisms when told he’s repeating himself [i.e. "I KNOW I just said I haven't been on this road in a long time…but it's been a REALLY long time"]. It’s not like you see on the movies. He’s not old and gray. He’s not a happy-go-lucky mindless punchline. He’s not a walking zombie wondering “who are all these strange people.” He’s there. He’s just losing his grasp of “there” slowly, day by day.

The meds helped at first. They seemed to bring some life back to him, seemed to slow his decline. After 3 years, I think they do more for my mom’s sanity than his health. She’s been amazing throughout the ordeal: caring for him daily, keeping him on schedule, writing everything down, researching realistic plans for his care in the future, being a breadwinner, homemaker, and caretaker. I often wish I were more prepared to help. I never thought I would be dealing with a parent’s health decline before I had children of my own.

This song is about his disease, and how I’m trying to cope. This song was hard to write. This song is hard to show people. I’m scared it could be misconstrued as using my father’s pain for art. I’ve pondered how unfair it is that I have a platform to vent about our past, and he doesn’t. I worry greatly about how he’ll feel if he hears it. I don’t want it to be seen as a cry for pity. The worst response when I tell someone my father has Alzheimer’s is “I’m sorry.”

I hope this song raises awareness about a disease that will be cured. My family and I felt some sort of stigma when we got my father’s diagnosis. We’ve felt alone, I know we’re not. Over half a million Americans younger than 65 suffer from some sort of dementia. My father is one of them, some of you reading might know another. I hope that some of you will be inspired to donate to The Alzheimer’s Association or Alzheimer’s Foundation of America. Great strides are being taken to cure this disease.

My father visited Los Angeles last Christmas. My brother, Steven, bought us tickets to see Bob Seger at Staples Center. My dad loves Seger, but I noticed him looking around in awe at our surroundings almost as much as he payed attention to the music. There was a man behind us, in his late 40′s, drunk and loud. He kept yelling things aimed at Seger, but my father kept looking back with a puzzled face. I could tell it would eventually turn into trouble.

I said “Dad, stop looking back at that guy, he’s going to think something’s up.”

He told me innocently “Oh, I thought he was talking to me for some reason.”

Eventually the guy behind us yelled again. My dad looked back again. The guy said “Is there a problem buddy?” I grabbed my dad’s arm to turn him around, leaned behind him, grabbed the drunk guy by the back of the neck in a firm, but non-threatening way and said “Look…my dad gets confused, he thinks you’re talking to him, he means nothing by it. Leave it alone.” He didn’t yell for the rest of the show.

My father didn’t notice how the situation was handled. At this point he doesn’t remember that we went to see Seger. But I think the man that stood up for me as a 9 year old would appreciate the reciprocation.

-Lee

10/18/2012
So far the video made it to the front page of Reddit, the blog post made the front page of Wordpress, and the video is on Youtube's "Most Popular Videos in All Categories" playlist. The post has over 100 comments of people sharing their stories on the blog. I did not expect this kind of reaction. People always say shit like "OMG THE SUPPORT IS OVERWHELMING," and I've always thought it was kinda corny, but I have truly been overwhelmed every day it's been out.

nobs

Post by nobs »

i never post here anymore besides for in the TROY forum. i never check for new rap artists anymore unless Twitter drills them into my head. i never make it through whole albums. i barely watch videos on YouTube. I am not a fan of much of anything. call it stubbornness or simply not caring...

but i will say this shit gave me the chills.

my grandmother has full on Alzheimer's at the moment. she doesn't know who i am and keeps asking me how my wife is and how she loved the wedding? she calls me Bob (that is my fathers name). it kind of choked me up a little....

good job dude. and congrats on the video plays.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

equalibrum beats >>>>

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

My grandfather has pretty advanced alzheimer's and this hit pretty close to home. He was pretty much the only person I could consistently count on to be there throughout my life and now he's really no longer there even though he's still alive. the worst part is that he's back in Ireland and I'm no longer able to go there even to visit anymore so I can't even see him before he goes and I won't be allowed to go to the funeral. Great song, great video, great post. :arrow:

anticonguy

Post by anticonguy »

This is dope. Intution is dope when he's not making songs for girls, cheers. :cheers:
"i cant listen to any rap... i think it all is pretty much boring to listen to.... i would never listen to some underground or mtv-underground shit when im home washing dishes or whatever... but some people still like rap... god bless em, thats who buys my records!"- sole

DLG

Post by DLG »

anticonguy wrote:This is dope. Intution is dope when he's not making songs for girls, cheers. :cheers:
post/username combo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nice all around. If Brian Wilson doesn't come back right, Lee should try out for the Giants next season.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Pimpin' Ass Lee does it again. :cheers:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Funny to see Lee getting props for doing the same thing he's always been doing, which got him backlash here a couple years back.

Seems like :phila: wants all emotional Tui all the time.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think his videos really help connect the listeners to the song. If not for that video I don't think the out pour here would have been exactly the same.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ Good point.

Tui & Iggle have both always been good with their videos, IMO.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

dope as shit.
blog post makes me :owens:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Willie B wrote:dope as shit.
blog post makes me :owens:
Me and my dad both love baseball and Roberto Clemente too.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Random Sample wrote: Me and my dad both love baseball and Roberto Clemente too.
my dad's from your area (Leechburg, 45 minute drive from Pitt). he bought me a Roberto Clemente card when I was probably 10 or 11 for Christmas and I started collecting them. Had this one that wasn't worth any money and I kept it in the brim of my hat for every baseball game I played from 8th grade until i stopped playing when i was 21.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

intuition wrote:
Random Sample wrote: Me and my dad both love baseball and Roberto Clemente too.
my dad's from your area (Leechburg, 45 minute drive from Pitt). he bought me a Roberto Clemente card when I was probably 10 or 11 for Christmas and I started collecting them. Had this one that wasn't worth any money and I kept it in the brim of my hat for every baseball game I played from 8th grade until i stopped playing when i was 21.
:cheers:

Yeah I remember you telling me he is from Leechburg. I had a room mate in college from there.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to go through something like that. Best of luck Lee.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

pic of card please.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

it was this card. my mom's cousin michael used to run a sports card / memorabilia store in Easton, PA. He gave me the card for free because whoever owned it when it came out had cut the white edges off the card rendering it basically valueless. Eventually it got so worn out it split in half, then the halves split into four pieces. my brother got pissed at me and threw two of the halves outside in the snow one year, but i still have two of the pieces.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sweet card and CSB.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

<3

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Dope Shit man.
Hook reminds me a lot of Youth Lagoon.