http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... KfRd644WU0

cool 10 min doc on sissy bounce ft mannie fresh, rusty lazer, dj jubilee

binary

Re: gay and transgender rap thread

Post by binary »

DLG wrote:
binary wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:

I'm pro gay rights and everything, but you guys don't think this type of behavior is embarrassing? Come on now, be real.
any more embarrassing than what riff raff does?

it's like ru paul rapping instead of doing whatever ru paul used to do.

When did i say Riff Raff was dope, that motherfucker is pure garbage...but it's really just one guy or a few being dumb as shit. The thing about this shit though, it makes EVERYONE look bad. They are acting like this is some kind of movement to give it legitimacy when it's really just a bunch of horny fucktards who can't control their sexuality. Those skanks acting like animals jumping on pool tables and acting like they caught the holy ghost of ass, this is disgusting stuff.
Last edited by binary on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binary

Post by binary »

ackbar wrote:
binary wrote:I'm pro gay rights and everything,
no you're not

I've always been, refuse to use the "f" word as well.

DLG

Post by DLG »

binary wrote:
DLG wrote:
binary wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:

I'm pro gay rights and everything, but you guys don't think this type of behavior is embarrassing? Come on now, be real.

When did i say Riff Raff was dope, that motherfucker is pure garbage...but it's really just one guy or a few being dumb as shit. The thing about this shit though, it makes EVERYONE look bad. They are acting like this is some kind of movement to give it legitimacy when it's really just a bunch of horny fucktards who can't control their sexuality. Those skanks acting like animals jumping on pool tables and acting like they caught the holy ghost of ass, this is disgusting stuff.
I'm not trying to be some huge gay rights activist, but this post is completely homophobic.

I don't see how it's any worse than the average heterosexual rap video with bitches dancing and dude's acting generally as ignorant as possible.

binary

Post by binary »

DLG wrote:
binary wrote:
DLG wrote:
binary wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:

I'm not trying to be some huge gay rights activist, but this post is completely homophobic.

I don't see how it's any worse than the average heterosexual rap video with bitches dancing and dude's acting generally as ignorant as possible.

Exactly. It's the same stupid shit. Same as those old Jamaican videos from youtube where all those hoodrats were grinding on each other and they were calling it some stupid shit, it's just more dumb shit that makes black people look bad.

DLG

Post by DLG »

let a :laf: live, bruh

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

lol @ fucking binary of all people deciding what 'makes black people look bad'. you fucking clown
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

binary

Post by binary »

Kony Montana wrote:lol @ fucking binary of all people deciding what 'makes black people look bad'. you fucking clown

I've always supported intelligent black people/material (Kaepernick >>> Scam Newton), but this stuff is just degradation. I think it's hilarious that some are trying to pass this off as some sort of noteworthy, worthwhile MUSICAL "movement"...man please, this is bullshit. I know standards are low and every liberal/hipster mind is looking for the next niche to get shine, but this is just not a good look. I'm speaking specifically about the stuff in the doc. Some of the other stuff is whatever.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

you're like a racist Jaz
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

DLG

Post by DLG »

Kaepernick is black?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://mishkanyc.bandcamp.com/album/the-eulogy
The first lines we hear from Cakes Da Killa on his sophomore release, The Eulogy, are “Pockets stay on swole, peep the motherfucking cash flow, niggas pay my loans just to finger fuck my asshole”.
I don't really have a horse in this race one way or another, but when mishka suddenly trots out a drag queen rapper of their own just as le1f and mikky blanco start to gain notoriety it kinda feels like a blatant cash in

also, lol at binary perpetually teetering on the verge of dropping 'he's so well spoken' or 'one of the good ones' in here
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ape9

Post by ape9 »

drizzle http://mishkanyc.bandcamp.com/album/the-eulogy
The first lines we hear from Cakes Da Killa on his sophomore release, The Eulogy, are “Pockets stay on swole, peep the motherfucking cash flow, niggas pay my loans just to finger fuck my asshole”.
I don't really have a horse in this race one way or another, but when mishka suddenly trots out a drag queen rapper of their own just as le1f and mikky blanco start to gain notoriety it kinda feels like a blatant cash in

also, lol at binary perpetually teetering on the verge of dropping 'he's so well spoken' or 'one of the good ones' in here
Cakes Da Killa

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

LOL @ fucking rap blogs starting to cannibalize each other over micro-niches quicker than the cannibal rappers are able to cannibalize each other. Shit's about to get so micro it just won't fucking exist.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ape9 wrote:
drizzle http://mishkanyc.bandcamp.com/album/the-eulogy

Cakes Da Killa
He's got nothing on Snackbar, though.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Employee wrote:LOL @ fucking rap blogs starting to cannibalize each other over micro-niches quicker than the cannibal rappers are able to cannibalize each other. Shit's about to get so micro it just won't fucking exist.
Enta Da Syffal

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Employee wrote:LOL @ fucking rap blogs starting to cannibalize each other over micro-niches quicker than the cannibal rappers are able to cannibalize each other. Shit's about to get so micro it just won't fucking exist.
Enta Da Syffal

Our staff consists of gender fluid authors and artisans.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

acting like mishka just trend hopped on this scene in the last few months is inaccurate tho. they've been covering people like le1f & mykki blanco basically as long as anyone else

Gnou

Post by Gnou »

drizzle wrote:http://mishkanyc.bandcamp.com/album/the-eulogy
I'm going to go ahead a put a disclaimer right here saying that I write for the Mishka Bloglin, just in case.

I assume you're saying that Cakes Da Killa is cashing in on the trend, right?
He's been around for a while, but you're just becoming aware of him and that's fine but I'm not sure how Mishka would cash-in by releasing a free album from a up-and-coming dude; on the brightside they started "cashing in" on Mykki Blanco and Le1f pretty early on since they are good friends of the label, and you can see their faces in past season's lookbooks (alongside Cakes'). Also Mishka has released a t-shirt with Le1f's face on it a few months back. Now that's paper.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

No I'm saying mishka is capitalizing on a current trend by dropping something like this in a conspicuously timely manner. IE 'Hey guys you know how everybody is talking about drag queen rappers? We've made some blog posts about thsi before but now got one of our very own right here!' They're not cashing in literally, although I'm sure staying up with current trends in a way that positions you as the 'official' clothing brand of new rap isn't hurting their profit margin.

This has nothing to do with merits of Cakes or his history. It's just that the timing of this release seems curiously on the nose as relative to what's currently going on in rap trends.

Although I suppose I'm just railing against a commercial entity acting in a way that's strategically beneficent to their profits, ie doing exactly what they're supposed to do.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

more than anything i'm awaiting the first 5000+ word thinkpiece about how this microgenre is the new minstrel show

Gnou

Post by Gnou »

drizzle wrote:They're not cashing in literally, although I'm sure staying up with current trends in a way that positions you as the 'official' clothing brand of new rap isn't hurting their profit margin.

This has nothing to do with merits of Cakes or his history. It's just that the timing of this release seems curiously on the nose as relative to what's currently going on in rap trends.
Mishka is a fashion brand. They deal with things that are fashionable, nearly exclusively, it's their job to be on top of trends.
For that reason, you'll see everybody from Lil Wayne to John C Reilly wearing their clothes. Business model aside, Mishka's clothes aren't nearly over the top as they need to be the official clothiers for that scene, last Le1f video I saw he was wearing a giant orange fur. Try British rave-inspired high street labels.

But yea

ackbar wrote:more than anything i'm awaiting the first 5000+ word thinkpiece about how this microgenre is the new minstrel show
http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/ ... nted-swag/

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thread is mad awkward now.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i was hoping of more of a follow up piece with the word exploitation in a lot more & a discussion of the appropriation of sexual identity

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ackbar wrote:i was hoping of more of a follow up piece with the word exploitation in a lot more & a discussion of the appropriation of sexual identity
You wanted someone to write a special interest piece about your weekends?

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

ackbar wrote:more than anything i'm awaiting the first 5000+ word thinkpiece about how this microgenre is the new minstrel show

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

he's the first out of the limo... if he finds out the driver is a homo!!

https://twitter.com/firstoutdalimo

"Everywhere I go Charlie Mack is right behind me" :pause:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB