Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Escobar305

Everything is Pusha T

Post by Escobar305 »

Early 2013 :gyeah:

First Single, Pain feat. Future

http://soundcloud.com/pushat/pusha-t-feat-future-pain

Bonus:
Tell Me What They Mad For (snippet) (Lil Wayne Diss)

With your baby mama fucking every rapper in the business
niccas saying you was better when the drugs was in your system
Now your crack swag gone ever since u came from prison
Got you tweeting all stupid, is you skatin’, is you dissin’
Found out your ghost leased and your phantom just rented
Won’t leave it in your name like Pac when he went missing
Makaveli lives on so I’m riding on you bitches

'Wrath of Caine' mixtape dropping soon...
Last edited by Escobar305 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

peanut butter

Re: Pusha T - 'My Name Is My Name' Album

Post by peanut butter »

Isn't there already a GOOD music thread?

Regardless, "Pain" is a dope song

PEACE

step one

Post by step one »

Great title.

At the risk of appearing to care about either of these idiots, does Lil Wayne actually give a fuck about Pusha or even know who he is?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

But does anyone really give a fuck about Lil Wayne anymore?

step one

Post by step one »

hessbz12 wrote:But does anyone really give a fuck about Lil Wayne anymore?
15 year old girls, Drake and Pusha "Had a spark when I started but now I'm just garbage" T all care about him deeply.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Please tell me there is a Marlo sample on the track?

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Pain is dope.

Future is terrible.

I hope the wrath of caine mixtape is dope.

i hope it doesn't contain 70% of the tracks from his album, like the last one did.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

step one wrote:Great title.

At the risk of appearing to care about either of these idiots, does Lil Wayne actually give a fuck about Pusha or even know who he is?

Is this a serious question? If so, it may be time for a history lesson.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

at least one person in Cash Money knows of Pusha T

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

corny album title :bunk:

it's wack of him to say "i ain't dissing Wayne" then put out a dis song to Cash Money a week later :bunk:

hope he isn't rapping about coke on the whole thing, cause he's kinda done that before a few times :bunk:

c'mon son
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

what else can he rap about though?

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Pusha T sat down with HHS87 before his show in New York last week to talk about his upcoming album My Name is My Name, how trendy hip-hop is becoming, and at the end of the interview revealed that Kanye West, The Dream, and Just Blaze all have production on the album.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Piff Tannen wrote:what else can he rap about though?
his family, his friends, his childhood, his favorite musicians/actors/authors/etc., AMERICAN HISTORY, POLITICS, RELIGION, SPORTS, SOCIETY, OR any other fucking concept in reality :retard:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLG

Post by DLG »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Piff Tannen wrote:what else can he rap about though?
his family, his friends, his childhood, his favorite musicians/actors/authors/etc., AMERICAN HISTORY, POLITICS, RELIGION, SPORTS, SOCIETY, OR any other fucking concept in reality :retard:
not even you want to listen to him rapping about these things, bro.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

produced by young chop

dropping tonite

step one

Post by step one »

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Cool as a Mixtape cut. Corny ass trend-hopping as an album song.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I wasn't actually fucking with this until Popcaan got involved. Now I'm 100% on board. How you drive this thing anyway?

PEACE

david111

Post by david111 »

would be a really dope song w/out a wack rapper on it

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

:lol: @ SO's excellent use of that Pharrell pic.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Pusha T sat down with HHS87 before his show in New York last week to talk about his upcoming album My Name is My Name, how trendy hip-hop is becoming, and at the end of the interview revealed that Kanye West, The Dream, and Just Blaze all have production on the album.
:roll:

:lastweek:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

meh

i want to like him... but even Lil Wayne is much more interesting than Pusha T is these days

rap wise and life wise

so you are naming your long-awaited debut solo album after a reference from the main drug dealer in 'the Wire'. groundbreaking.

sigh.

this is why we can't have new things.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

peanut butter wrote:I wasn't actually fucking with this until Popcaan got involved. Now I'm 100% on board. How you drive this thing anyway?
Poppy only on the intro. This is another fail.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:meh

i want to like him... but even Lil Wayne is much more interesting than Pusha T is these days

rap wise and life wise

so you are naming your long-awaited debut solo album after a reference from the main drug dealer in 'the Wire'. groundbreaking.

sigh.

i think youre being contrarian for the sake of it at this point MB

i dont agree with the diss trac shit, but wayne is dookie right now rap-wise. we know this.

pusha t is part of the clipse. a group that built their name off making awesome coke rap.

why would he make a album that is the polar opposite of that as his solo? strategically, its a terrible idea.

that'd be like you building your character/name/persona behind free love and finding heaven on earth, and then making your first album about a concept album about neither of those things.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Piff Tannen wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:meh

rap wise and life wise

sigh.

i think youre being contrarian for the sake of it at this point MB

i dont agree with the diss trac shit, but wayne is dookie right now rap-wise. we know this.

pusha t is part of the clipse. a group that built their name off making awesome coke rap.

why would he make a album that is the polar opposite of that as his solo? strategically, its a terrible idea.

that'd be like you building your character/name/persona behind free love and finding heaven on earth, and then making your first album about a concept album about neither of those things.
i'm never contrarian for the sake of it. i'm NOT one of those internet douches begging for attention.

I LIKE Pusha T's raps. But I liked him best on 'Lord Willin', when his approaches to coke rap were still cutting edge and insightful. Now, it's honestly played out. Logically, his solo album would be a look into the diverse personality that MIGHT exist behind the coke dealer we have always known as Pusha T.

A REAL songwriter would take this opportunity and show the different chambers of his character. A song about his childhood (that might segue into how he first discovered crack, of course.) A song about his family members (that explains where he learned where to sell crack from, of course.) A song about the sports he used to play when he was young (which gave him the need to be #1 at everything. The hustler's hunger. Of course he must speak on this.) A song about WOMEN and SEX and BEAUTY, perhaps (and please not another trite metaphor about cocaine being a 'white girl'. We have had enough of those. But will we probably get one anyways? Of course.) :bunk: :ironmike:

I give you ONE example that shall rest my case: O'Shea Jackson goes from N.W.A., to making 'AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted' as Ice Cube's first solo album. Do you know how fucking diverse and insightful that album is? Of course you do. Does Ice Cube in 1991 :copy: Pusha T in 2012 as an MC? I think so, all things being equal.

'The Wire' is fucking nearly 5 years old. Jay-Z hasn't been really saying much about coke (RELATIVELY) since 'American Gangster', cause even he knows it's played out for these guys to keep living in their past and talking shit that they haven't done in a decade. It's like 50 Cent talking threatening thug shit. NONE OF US are going to get punched in the face by Curtis Jackson. He now has 15 FBI-level bodyguards around him that will fight us first. These guys rap so far from the ACTUAL DAILY REALITY OF THEIR CURRENT LIVES OR THOUGHTS. Shit is disgusting, B.

I would expect to find certain failure at some point if I only spoke on one topic for my entire album. Or career. I say that earth is heaven and i am god and all that good stuff, but i also talk about women, society, religion, government, culture, art, and allllll kinds of other random shit in my rap music. and I can conceptually connect how heaven is a part of each of those things. but i wouldn't rap about the same thing the whole album.

it's just gonna be ~boring~ if it's a bunch of hollow threats, subliminal (and overt Lil Wayne/Cash Money) disses and coke raps. YET AGAIN.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Not for nothing MB, but criticizing the age of the reference in the title is kind of silly in a genre that can't go more than a few days without dropping a Scarface reference.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Kony Montana wrote:Not for nothing MB, but criticizing the age of the reference in the title is kind of silly in a genre that can't go more than a few days without dropping a Scarface reference.
post/username combinantion win :rofl:

aspiring to be "the next Tony Montana" is pretty much the stupidest thing a rapper/gangster could do in their life.

do guys just get high and pass out before the end of the movie? :rofl:

William Leonards Roberts aka the rotund Miami rapper known as "Rick Ross" has now jumped the shark.

I'm glad he ruined funk faking gangsta rap for 2012. I hope famous street rappers get scrutinized for what they rap about again... BY THE STREETS THAT THEY ARE RAPPING ABOUT. That kind of ghetto justice is always good.

in other news:

rap is out of control :omar:

I seriously think that Rick Ross is pondering retirement at this moment in time. Seriously, what's this fake ass guy going to do to those real ass gangsters? Nothing. Unless he does nothing AND pays them their ransom.

ultimate :copy: . This the kinda shit that's gonna give T.I. a pass, LOL

pour out a little Rozay :cheers:

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Man mb you are so stoked about the possibility of Ross getting murdered that you're posting it in random threads now huh
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho