Fat & Slim (Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Fat & Slim (Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre)

Post by Employee »

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/love/ ... mpt=uo%3D2

Fat & Slim (Formerly of The Pharcyde) - Love (2012)

Slim (better known as Slim Kid Tre or Slimkid3) and Fatlip join up to make a jazzy album that is smooth and addictive from beginning to end. This is definitely one you don't want to miss. The former members of The Pharcyde show that they've still got it.There's a nice mix of dope instrumentals combined with upbeat and positive rhymes from two of the most memorable members of The Pharcyde.

Echo Leader

Re: Fat & Slim (Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre)

Post by Echo Leader »

I'll check this out. Really dug TheLoneliest Punk.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Digging it. Im surprised they hadnt thought of doing something like this before now.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

is it available in the states yet? couldn't buy it online thru the Japan store.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

This album is kind of fun. It seems pretty effortless and by that I mean, they didn't put much effort into it, yet it works anyways. Have a listen to this and then Humbolt Beginnings back-to-back and it's pretty obvious what half of the group had/has the talent.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Busta Ry wrote:This album is kind of fun. It seems pretty effortless and by that I mean, they didn't put much effort into it, yet it works anyways. Have a listen to this and then Humbolt Beginnings back-to-back and it's pretty obvious what half of the group had/has the talent.
Honestly, I always felt they were even on both ends. Imani and Romye had the signature high pitched voices that gave Pharcyde that signature sound. Fat Lip and Slim Kid Tre were a bit deeper with the lyrics. And that's what made them as a group because they balanced out one another.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ardamus wrote:Imani and Romye had the signature high pitched voices that gave Pharcyde that signature sound. Fat Lip and Slim Kid Tre were a bit deeper with the lyrics. And that's what made them as a group because they balanced out one another.
Imani and Romye sounded like every other squeeky voiced, eunuch rapper from that era. They could have ghost-rapped on any number of Anotha Level or Wascals songs and nobody would have even noticed.Not even a conversation if you want to divide that group into teams of two, IMO. All basically for naught though, as save for a couple songs on Lonliest Punk none of these four have made jack worth listening to in over a decade.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

PopeyeJones wrote:
ardamus wrote:Imani and Romye had the signature high pitched voices that gave Pharcyde that signature sound. Fat Lip and Slim Kid Tre were a bit deeper with the lyrics. And that's what made them as a group because they balanced out one another.
Imani and Romye sounded like every other squeeky voiced, eunuch rapper from that era. They could have ghost-rapped on any number of Anotha Level or Wascals songs and nobody would have even noticed.Not even a conversation if you want to divide that group into teams of two, IMO. All basically for naught though, as save for a couple songs on Lonliest Punk none of these four have made jack worth listening to in over a decade.
Fuck that. You know good and cotdayum well that (1) Anotha Level was Ice Cube's version of The Pharcyde and (2) Tha Wascals actually were connected with The Pharcyde. Matter of fact, one of the dudes from The Wascals I recalled had the 2nd verse on the "On The DL" track. C'mon son. That's what made them stand out, too. Other groups tried to follow in their footsteps after the fact.

Come to think of it, I don't remember anyone completely sounding like them in their prime.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

ardamus wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:
Fuck that. You know good and cotdayum well that (1) Anotha Level was Ice Cube's version of The Pharcyde and (2) Tha Wascals actually were connected with The Pharcyde. Matter of fact, one of the dudes from The Wascals I recalled had the 2nd verse on the "On The DL" track. C'mon son. That's what made them stand out, too. Other groups tried to follow in their footsteps after the fact.

Come to think of it, I don't remember anyone completely sounding like them in their prime.
No one ever actually did, but Y'all So Stupid tried, and made at least one song worthy of being on a playlist with Pharcyde.

Fat and Slim is the best surprise I've discovered in a good minute. Thanks.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

:upload:

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Where can I get this in the US?

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

PopsUK wrote:Where can I get this in the US?
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;