Super Canadian

Re: Bay Area Thread 2013

Post by ackbar »

both are too long..
some slaps to be found tho

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Straight Drop is much better than the last few Jacka-projects, some of which have been plain awful. Hope he pulls himself together and puts out something proper before the end of the year.

New Lil Rue is okay. Young Lox' verse on Ghetto Life is killer.

Joe Blow is finally putting out a real album. The mixtapes after You Should Be Paying Me has been kinda weak, but I still have faith in him.

9/10 apparently a double-album.

(What brand is the shirt hes wearing? Shit is tight)
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

there's been a lot of good joe blow songs post-you should be paying me IMO. looking forward to that new one tho

my guess would be the shirt is polo.. b/c that's what he wears 80% of the time

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

^ Werd, there's a buncha good songs on Been Grindin' alone; it's the best surrogate Jacka release of 2013 so far, in fact.

Shirt is definitely POLO.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

There's good songs on everything he released. But YSBPM was a great album front-to-back, comfortably the best album of the 201x's. I really hope he can recapture the mode he was in and I also look forward to hearing him rap in proper audio quality.

Most important is that he doesn't go retarded from coughsyrup. You can hear how bad it fucked up Lil Rue who raps like a homeless person with no teeth. Blow also sounds short of breath and lazy a lot of the time, which perhaps can be attributed to that.

I have a POLO shirt with similar patterns but in diff colors. Cant find that model online though : (
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Will checking that Joe Blow record out. You $hould Be Payin' Me is one of my favorite releases of the past couple years as well.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Larry2times wrote:anyone got this please?
one of my hds is busted and Im fairly sure this isnt retrievable, cant find it online anywhere
Was digging through my archives and found this.

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/71555658/file.html

Fresshh, I represent the Wesst
medallion on my chesstt
'Mac Dre' in VVS

tayRavage23

Post by tayRavage23 »

aye anybody know if this is this a DJ Fresh beat?

E-40 w/ Stressmatic & J. Banks - Off The Block

Could anybody have predicted Stressmatic's career arc from Federation rapper to E-40's personal Nate Dogg?

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

He was my favorite in The Federation but no, it's not really surprising considering he was already doing songs w/ Droop-E before the Hyphy Movement self-destructed. He had to cling on for dear life....

I like this new one.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

El Rey wrote:
Was digging through my archives and found this.

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/71555658/file.html

Fresshh, I represent the Wesst
medallion on my chesstt
'Mac Dre' in VVS
ON THE BLOCK ON THE TURF TOP

this albums a 5 stunner shades classic, thank u Rey god

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

So Messy Marv decided to not show at a gig in Reno and this happened:

They got him for his earrings, phone, shoes, wallet and watch. Then they went on his Instagram / Twitter and talked shit.

His response:

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

hyfe deniro was supposed to be on the show with him. he said they were in the hotel together. he went back to his own room & they were supposed to meet to do the show at 1 or 1:30am. messy never called

seems like messy stayed in his room & the promoter dudes rushed him & beat him down. who knows why. messy is a weird dude on a lot of drugs. maybe he just got high & was like "fuck it". if he was gonna take their loot why the fuck did he let them into his hotel room tho :bunk:

ADR

Post by ADR »

ackbar wrote:hyfe deniro was supposed to be on the show with him. he said they were in the hotel together. he went back to his own room & they were supposed to meet to do the show at 1 or 1:30am. messy never called

seems like messy stayed in his room & the promoter dudes rushed him & beat him down. who knows why. messy is a weird dude on a lot of drugs. maybe he just got high & was like "fuck it". if he was gonna take their loot why the fuck did he let them into his hotel room tho :bunk:
Video rebuttals are essential:

Hyfe Deniro - MurderDog Mag Interview About The Messy Marv Situation

as are screen grabs of IG/ twitter accounts:

More

The silver lining in this fiasco is discovering that Hyfe Deniro's 2012, "Hoochie" is a facking banger.

^ So glad we live in an era when rap beefs can be extensively documented and preserved via video footage and photographs on social media accounts.

Anyhoo, am I a bad person for thinking this is the only good song Roach Gigz has ever made?

Roach Gigz w/ Kreayshawn - Pu$$y Magnet

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

roach gigz is pretty overrated. he's got a coule songs i think are cool but it never really clicked for me

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Nah if anything if theres a good current rapper its the most understandable not to be into, its Roach.

he kinda treads a fine line between embarrassing earnest punchline dude corniness and amazing earnest punchline dude corniness, plus theres that voice. hes better when hes trying more to be Mac Dre than Wayne

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

amazing writer though if you can get past it, mainly the old shit though

ADR

Post by ADR »

Let Jaz Down wrote:^ So glad we live in an era when rap beefs can be extensively documented and preserved via video footage and photographs on social media accounts.

Anyhoo, am I a bad person for thinking this is the only good song Roach Gigz has ever made?

Roach Gigz w/ Kreayshawn - Pu$$y Magnet
If we get a video recounting the events from Mess (or from one of the promoters) I'll have to put this in the upper echelon alongside the Lakey the Kid/ Prodigy fiasco.

As far as Gigz is concerned, 2times just said it all. I think he's a far better "game spitter" than he is a rap rap rapper. Which is probably why I like, "My Girl Look Better" more than anything he did after he decided he wanted to be a l33t MC.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

in that 8 minute video with hyfe deniro he said nigga approximately 9200 times. awesome. messy marv is nuts

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

This is the only song Ive ever been able to tolerate from him.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

new joe blow. beats are excellent & cohesive throughout.
the jacka cameo on the intro is actually tight. how many times & hard 2 grasp finally get a release after having videos for over a year. two of his best songs
trialz & cloudy visionz both excellent on that introspective mob shit. guests spots are mostly all great except bo strangles kinda sucks & those uk guys are whatever

solid front-to-back.. but take the best songs off this & all his recent mixtapes & you got a classic

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

joseph's thoughts on the young california/new bay/HBK-satellite movement?
Oh, you the new Bay nigga? Who is you to say? I've been out here all my life, ain't never seen you a day. Little nigga: kick rocks or get mopped in them skinny jeans.

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

^^^HAHA that's some real shit. I listened to Joe Blow's new album today and thought it was great. Very enjoyable like ackbar described. The weak spot for me is Lee Majors I feel like he fucks up all the otherwise good songs Joe Blow collabs with him on. Going to get a lot of play from me.

My homie Agentstrick9 finally dropped his full length
http://solidarityrecords415.bandcamp.co ... ound-power
Free d/l feat. Z-MAN, Equipto, White Mic, L8Roneous, Shag Nasty, Skit the Samurida

From my team, Luke Sick and Brycon just released their group project Grand Killa Con "Year of the Tre Bag" Dusted beats and grimy raps. Wouls like to know if you guys like it
https://soundcloud.com/grandkillacon/sets/year-of-the-tre-bag
http://grandkillacon.bandcamp.com/album ... he-tre-bag

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

dope....You could have told me the last verse was an unreleased Pimp c verse tho.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Gurped Out wrote: From my team, Luke Sick and Brycon just released their group project Grand Killa Con "Year of the Tre Bag" Dusted beats and grimy raps. Wouls like to know if you guys like it
https://soundcloud.com/grandkillacon/sets/year-of-the-tre-bag
http://grandkillacon.bandcamp.com/album ... he-tre-bag
YO

THIS IS DOPE

LIKE BAGGIN CRACK IN THE CARTER, TITTIES EVERYWHERE DOPE

ADR

Post by ADR »

Haven't made it through listen 1 of that new Joe Blow. He might've gone back to being boring to me.

However HD's, "Federal Thoughts" is on listen 4 and gaining steam. It's not mastered great so it will only make sense in headphones or proper stereos.

I can't tell yet, but it's possible he may have dropped 2 great records in one year.