Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

DLG

Re: Lil Ugly Mane 2013 thread

Post by DLG »

lo fi bro, get down with the movement

BadLT

Post by BadLT »

I dig that new LUM song. It's a shame he plans to stop making music. Or maybe he'll stick to producing. I dream of a Shawn Kemp produced Starlito album.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

BadLT wrote:I dream of a Shawn Kemp produced Starlito album.
:ohsh: :killacam:

Versive

Post by Versive »

Ugly sounds like he's blacking the fuck out on every verse lately

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

song's dope. trying not to get too excited for his tape. hate going into stuff with high expectations. so far it's a losing battle...
catfish hunter wrote:Also, first thing I thought about that skate video was "eastern exposure" which is what a lot of guys are trying to recapture with video parts. I know Bobby Puleo said it was weak steeze but I prefer it over the non stop handrail assault videos
the eastern exposure video with ricky oyola trying to narrate while skating could be my favorite video ever. still quote that shit randomly now. don't really follow skating anymore but it makes sense that people would try to recapture the 90s eastcoast, gritty fish eye style. from what i've seen, the new stuff shot in HD looks nice but doesn't have the same vibe

not to completely derail the thread but sleazy or catfish, you still follow skating? got any blogs or anything you check?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Ned Ryerson wrote:song's dope. trying not to get too excited for his tape. hate going into stuff with high expectations. so far it's a losing battle...
catfish hunter wrote:Also, first thing I thought about that skate video was "eastern exposure" which is what a lot of guys are trying to recapture with video parts. I know Bobby Puleo said it was weak steeze but I prefer it over the non stop handrail assault videos
the eastern exposure video with ricky oyola trying to narrate while skating could be my favorite video ever. still quote that shit randomly now. don't really follow skating anymore but it makes sense that people would try to recapture the 90s eastcoast, gritty fish eye style. from what i've seen, the new stuff shot in HD looks nice but doesn't have the same vibe

not to completely derail the thread but sleazy or catfish, you still follow skating? got any blogs or anything you check?
I still skate almost daily. Just something I never really stopped having fun with.

I'm gonna refer you to http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com and you can thank me later. Best blog in skateboarding that sadly came to an end a couple months back. It's an absolute go to for anybody who skated through the late 80s through the late 90s. You will get lost for days.

I also check quartersnacks for current skateboarding. Pretty sure sleazy does too.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

I told y'all motherfuckers Ug would establish himself as underground royalty and just think, no music videos, no bloginati hype, no major co-sign. He did it solo for dolo and with his own beats. Incredible musician.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i was still sorta wondering how he had a gig opening for SALEM in NYC before he even dropped Criminal Hypnosis.
he definitely has the connects if he wants to do something big, but as we see his personality isn't interested in it.
dude's definitely way smarter than he wants to let off on facebook.

as far as skating goes, i just watch videos. i barely know the names of tricks. i got a friend
that runs a small skate shop in alabama, but that's about it.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

check pretty sweet & the DGK vids too. prob the two biggest videos of 2013

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

catfish hunter wrote:I still skate almost daily. Just something I never really stopped having fun with.

I'm gonna refer you to http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com and you can thank me later. Best blog in skateboarding that sadly came to an end a couple months back. It's an absolute go to for anybody who skated through the late 80s through the late 90s. You will get lost for days.

I also check quartersnacks for current skateboarding. Pretty sure sleazy does too.
:cheers: much appreciated.

i haven't skated in probably a year and half. a combination of work and laziness make it more of an effort. plus most of my friends quit a long time ago. was getting sick of showing up to a spot or park by myself and being the oldest dude there. i wish i kept up with it though, planning on skateboarding this weekend. relearning shit is gonna be frustrating

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

ackbar wrote:check pretty sweet & the DGK vids too. prob the two biggest videos of 2013
Grecos part on the new Deathwish video was sick too. Co-sign Hella Clips. Isn't that Josh Kalis joint?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Ned Ryerson wrote:
catfish hunter wrote:I still skate almost daily. Just something I never really stopped having fun with.

i haven't skated in probably a year and half. a combination of work and laziness make it more of an effort. plus most of my friends quit a long time ago. was getting sick of showing up to a spot or park by myself and being the oldest dude there. i wish i kept up with it though, planning on skateboarding this weekend. relearning shit is gonna be frustrating
Building DIY bowls and shit got me back on my game. I've lost more tricks than I've learned but as long as I'm having fun I could care less about being better than the younger guys. We just got a new park so I've been working with the kids a lot and lending a hand with free skate clinics. I'm doing the math on opening a very small core shop and just getting an NHS account. As far as going out skating street at my age, unless its a known safe spot I'm not dealing with cops and harassment. I live in a city with the hugest hills all over downtown so I still bomb hills on a regular basis. Skating keeps me active and burns those extra calories from the nights I come home and fuck up a pie.

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

ackbar wrote:check pretty sweet & the DGK vids too. prob the two biggest videos of 2013
yeah i've seen pretty sweet, that's the only thing new i've watched in a while. i really like the kid's part that skates to Otis' Dock of the Bay. and marc johnson always kills it

haven't seen DGK, didn't even know they had a video out... Kalis still skate?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Ned Ryerson wrote:
yeah i've seen pretty sweet, that's the only thing new i've watched in a while. i really like the kid's part that skates to Otis' Dock of the Bay. and marc johnson always kills it

haven't seen DGK, didn't even know they had a video out... Kalis still skate?
he still skates but in the highwigger category Pete Smolik is the reigning light skinded Simon City Royal.

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

catfish hunter wrote:
Ned Ryerson wrote:

Building DIY bowls and shit got me back on my game. I've lost more tricks than I've learned but as long as I'm having fun I could care less about being better than the younger guys. We just got a new park so I've been working with the kids a lot and lending a hand with free skate clinics. I'm doing the math on opening a very small core shop and just getting an NHS account. As far as going out skating street at my age, unless its a known safe spot I'm not dealing with cops and harassment. I live in a city with the hugest hills all over downtown so I still bomb hills on a regular basis. Skating keeps me active and burns those extra calories from the nights I come home and fuck up a pie.
yeah, i don't care about not being as good as the younger kids. that's not gonna happen at this point. not being able to do tricks i used to have on lock is the fucking the worst though. good luck if you end opening a shop man

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

vancouver forever a skate mecca. colin mckay, rick mccrank, sluggo, t ferguson, etc.
now wade desarmo one of the best. crazy ass 14-year olds & a lot i'm not even up on too

peep http://www.colormagazine.ca/. they got legit distro.. possibly at local skate spots. family.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i wonder whatever became of this, who big reef is, and how philaflava is the only site this pic is on from a google search.
blastmaster posted it in the raider klan thread back in 2011.

Versive

Post by Versive »

e-mail him about it. liluglymane@gmail.com

*thanks for saving the thread from degenerating to a CCS lifestyle discussion.

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

Versive wrote:e-mail him about it. liluglymane@gmail.com

*thanks for saving the thread from degenerating to a CCS lifestyle discussion.
yeah my bad. :fail: still, thanks for the info ack and catfish

back on topic, any word on a release date for his final tape?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Versive wrote: *thanks for saving the thread from degenerating to a CCS lifestyle discussion.
*thanks for having an audible cry

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yes, I cry for the final days of Ugly Mane.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

sounds like dude jacked his beat from the supasonic tape. funny because ugly mane has made statements saying he hates people that do that. he doesn't want to be a "producer" of someone he hasn't chose to work with.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

hope that new mixtape is coming soon

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye

Post by Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye »

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

pretty nice. i like it