Mindbender rocking before Killah Priest show

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Mindbender rocking before Killah Priest show

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

hello to my friends of Philaflava and to anyone who likes hip hop music. i hope you feel great
i just wanted to share one of my personal favorite concerts. this felt really good
very raw hip hop energy here. just 10 straight minutes of Mindbender raps.
the 'Mindbender Ain't Nuttin to Fuck Wit' acapella at the end, i liked most

"walk with a cat's patience/ and act sacred, most times, but might SLAP FACES of whoever made bad drawings in Rap Pages" :ghostface:
"represent right/ or the 10 percent might/ execute the intelligent 5/ no fucking around like your testicles tied/ cause my crew retaliate/ if we didn't activate a blast of bass and treble that takes off half your face!"
:copy:

I feel like I am a good performer now. If you think otherwise, what would you suggest I improve?
(I'm growling a bit still, but it's because I'm a fucking love monster animal half god half amazing)
still open to thoughts, thank you for your time
rap is outta control
keep it real
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Re: Mindbender rocking before Killah Priest show

Post by Reggie »

Seemed on point performance-wise. I couldn't hear the beats, and I wish the view was a little further back from the stage, but if I was in the crowd that night I wouldn't think your performance was bad at all...would have given (and will give) props for your energy and movement. :cheers:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Not to nitpick, but wasn't Cheo Coker's article in the Source and not Rap Pages?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zombie

Post by zombie »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:hello to my friends of Philaflava and to anyone who likes hip hop music. i hope you feel great
i just wanted to share one of my personal favorite concerts. this felt really good
very raw hip hop energy here. just 10 straight minutes of Mindbender raps.
the 'Mindbender Ain't Nuttin to Fuck Wit' acapella at the end, i liked most

"walk with a cat's patience/ and act sacred, most times, but might SLAP FACES of whoever made bad drawings in Rap Pages" :ghostface:
"represent right/ or the 10 percent might/ execute the intelligent 5/ no fucking around like your testicles tied/ cause my crew retaliate/ if we didn't activate a blast of bass and treble that takes off half your face!"

I feel like I am a good performer now. If you think otherwise, what would you suggest I improve?
(I'm growling a bit still, but it's because I'm a fucking love monster animal half god half amazing)
still open to thoughts, thank you for your time
rap is outta control
keep it real

sounded empty. was there like 4 people in the crowd bro?

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

nope

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Killah Priest headlines shows, with opening acts, in 2013?

PEACE

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Reggie wrote:Seemed on point performance-wise. I couldn't hear the beats, and I wish the view was a little further back from the stage, but if I was in the crowd that night I wouldn't think your performance was bad at all...would have given (and will give) props for your energy and movement. :cheers:
Agreed.

The raps are too loud and HI GUYS IM MINDBENDER! Not subtle enough for my taste but that probably works ok live and in the context of warming up to Killah Priest. Cross My Heart-style.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Reggie wrote:Seemed on point performance-wise. I couldn't hear the beats, and I wish the view was a little further back from the stage, but if I was in the crowd that night I wouldn't think your performance was bad at all...would have given (and will give) props for your energy and movement. :cheers:
Agreed.

The raps are too loud and HI GUYS IM MINDBENDER! Not subtle enough for my taste but that probably works ok live and in the context of warming up to Killah Priest. Cross My Heart-style.
thanks for watching, family homies

I'm more calm in other shows, but when rocking on stage with ANYTHING :wutang: , THE RUCKUS MUST BE BRUNGED nahmeanz

the sound was pretty shitty that night, all things considered. long story that's not as cool as other stories i could tell.
like how the venue fucked up and double booked the spot which featured a deep-house/trance rave at 2 AM, after Killah Priest, thus during KP's show, he repeatedly had lanky European Dieters walking across his stage and setting up turntables behind him... yes, it was as awkward as it sounds. So when he's done doing "B.I.B.L.E." acapella, the minute he steps off stage, some black dudes who were pissed off at the pasteoid techno DJs just :copy: one of them and shit POPPED OFF! I ended up catching a stage monitor as a mini-brawl breaks out on stage in the wake of Killah Priest walking to the artist VIP. I won't be doing much of these kinda shows anymore, unless it's for someone I love... it was good practice though. I haven't rocked a stage in a few months, and was wondering if I still "had it" :rofl:

thanks, sports fans
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Not to nitpick, but wasn't Cheo Coker's article in the Source and not Rap Pages?
I forget some things... but I'm pretttttttty damn sure that it was Rap Pages that printed the corny pics of :wutang:

yup.

(CMON. Ghostface alone has every right to :bunk: and maybe :copy: for that corny Casper clown-ass shit, :lol: )

Pretty sure I still got the issue. I bought it when it came out, and even I was like "yo, these are some pretty weak and geeky pictures of these guys, LOL. they are hardcore dudes, what the fuck is this kinda goofy shit?" and even though nobody had even SEEN pictures of a few Wu-Tang guys at that point (like U-God and Masta Killa), it actually caused extra damage.

I saw :wutang: -Block last night, and they brought someone on stage to do Method Man & ODB's verses when :ghostface: did 'Protect Ya Neck'. They brought up some black guy, who for some reason, thought it would be funny to drunkenly and obnoxiously spit ODB's verse where Method Man's verse was supposed to go, which got boooooed hard from the audience, obviously. Then he got all faux-comedic angry like a flustered Martin Lawrence like "what?! what?! you can't dis me!" and it was really really corny. Ghostface and Sheek Louch grabbed the guy like "man, you just gotta go now. boo him once more, then we gonna peace him out!"
If this was 15 years ago at Wu-Tang concert, this lame guy woulda GOTTEN HIS FUCKING HEAD CAVED IN :copy:
he just got clowned into immortal patheticness last night

GOOD TIMES
peanut butter wrote:Killah Priest headlines shows, with opening acts, in 2013?

PEACE
it was supposed to be an Inspectah Deck show, but he couldn't make it over the border

they got Killah Priest as a last minute replacement

plus this was the day after the huge snow storm on the east coast last week... there was about 75 people when i rocked, meh

i don't care whether it's 2 people or 20,000 people... the show must go on :ff:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:"walk with a cat's patience/ and act sacred, most times, but might SLAP FACES of whoever made bad drawings in Rap Pages" :ghostface:

Ill shit, bro: all around.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Trying to be constructively critical, you could make a stronger effort to ride the beat. Kinda sounds like you're talking fast over the beat at times. I know you want to be different and experimental, but if the crowd can get into the groove with you(nh) you might get slightly more reaction.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Inspectah Deck headlines shows, with opening acts, in 2013?

PEACE

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Peace to Employee

I liked this performance, honestly. Keeping rap raw in 2013
peanut butter wrote:Inspectah Deck headlines shows, with opening acts, in 2013?

PEACE

Hip hop community and culture >>>> major label rap industry

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

The growling really doesn't add emphasis/draw attention to the lyrics the way you think it does. Your voice is already forceful and somewhat commanding (nh), no need to overdo it. I think if you temper that and the vulgarity a bit, this shit would be ten times as palatable.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mods?

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Wow. Actually pretty fucking good.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ smell a collabo in the making. both of you need to clear some space on the calander. make this happen for hip-hop NOW!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:The growling really doesn't add emphasis/draw attention to the lyrics the way you think it does. Your voice is already forceful and somewhat commanding (nh), no need to overdo it. I think if you temper that and the vulgarity a bit, this shit would be ten times as palatable.
This is MY NATURE. I'm not "acting". I have to CONSCIOUSLY STOP myself from getting so amped that I growl, explode, shout, yell, command, and rock out. I don't consciously DO it.

I step on stage with a mic, and I transform from mild-mannered Banner to Hip Hop Hulk

and I did not want to come off soft at a :wutang: show

but thanks. You WILL hear some calmer shit this year cause I have a lot of love songs done, and none of them are rapped like this

:cheers:
Cash Rulz wrote:Wow. Actually pretty fucking good.
I am better than :phila: wants to ever admit.

Thank you for checking it, brother.

Jason, what do you suggest we rap about? you seem to have a vision :killacam:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Just watched this. Absolute garbage. Move to self promo thread plz mods.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Moolah wrote:Just watched this. Absolute garbage. Move to self promo thread plz mods.
:owens: / :jaz:

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Moolah wrote:Just watched this. Absolute garbage. Move to self promo thread plz mods.
Absolute garbage is being nice. I'm surprised K.P. didn't kick you off the stage.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

alpha

Post by alpha »

the growling just kills it for me. you have a good voice. laid back suits you better.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Since you asked for this to be moved, it stays. Stop being a dick.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ardamus wrote:
Butthurt, emotional modding at it's finest. Do your job.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Moolah wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Butthurt, emotional modding at it's finest. Do your job.
says crybaby Ringo who's still in the thread. relax. :cas:

Req

Post by Req »

MOD WARZ
F.U. MOOLAH

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:lol: its like the local police beefin' with the feds in this biyatch. lets go!!!!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ardamus wrote:
THANK YOU.

How much of a petty, pathetic child would someone have to be, to go OUT of their way to come in here, watch the video at least enough to think you can publicly express an opinion on it, then for some stupid reason, demand that it be removed because it is "absolute garbage", even though other folks in the thread do not share the same opinion?

if this post got modded, I still would not retire from rapping, Moolah. you can't stop me from being Mindbender Supreme, boyh. this is ME, and you can't amputate my energy or castrate my awesomeness. i give hip hop, music, thoughts, articles and unique life insight to Philaflava. will you ever stop giving lame ass hate and start contributing like someone who makes our lives better, like you USED TO? one can only pray insanely. Bottom line: yes, Moolah. Stop being a dick to me. I never hate on you or try to fuck up your threads. Let it go, you weak-minded child. Grow up.

thanks homies. this is honestly one of my favorite YOTMB performances of all time. OF ALL TIME!

10 minutes of raw hip hop beats and rhymes, no fuckory or filler. it doesn't happen enough anymore

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

^There's a thread for self promo. Post in it.

Versive

Post by Versive »

So I was listening to disc 2 of Psychic World of Walter Reed yesterday, and I got to this:

Though disc 1 has been on repeat for months, I hadn't listened to disc 2 in a while so I forgot about the feature on this track. I meant to bring it up the first time I heard it, but it must've slipped my mind. Anyway, fastforward to 2:39. Is that not Mindbender or Conspiracy?! Guest is credited as Lord Fury, but the voice sounds damn near identical.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

I cant front. it does. Also sounds a little lo-decky