New Kanye Rant; Yeezus Album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Escobar305

New Kanye Rant; Yeezus Album

Post by Escobar305 »

apparently he "ain't fucking with that 'suit & tie' shit"

:lol:
Last edited by Escobar305 on Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

step one

Re: New Kanye Rant

Post by step one »

"I hate business people," he said. "People get on the phone with me and tell me, 'What kind of business can you do, though? What type of business are you doing? What's the numbers? How much did you sell? ... How much shampoo can you sell with your face on it and shit? Remind me again why we in this shit ... Since when is making music about getting rich? Since when is making art about getting rich?"
stupid cunt
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

so why does he have a problem with suit and tie?

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

great stegosaurus straight jacket pajamas

step one

Post by step one »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:so why does he have a problem with suit and tie?
because its shit?

Req

Post by Req »

because Jay is going on tour and has a new BFF
F.U. MOOLAH

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

mike eagle wrote:great stegosaurus straight jacket pajamas
illegal mind shoe lace

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Lovers tiff with the Camel?

I have said it many times but time and time again Kanye just proves himself to be an insufferable douchebag.

dubs

Post by dubs »

step one wrote:
"I hate business people," he said. "People get on the phone with me and tell me, 'What kind of business can you do, though? What type of business are you doing? What's the numbers? How much did you sell? ... How much shampoo can you sell with your face on it and shit? Remind me again why we in this shit ... Since when is making music about getting rich? Since when is making art about getting rich?"
stupid cunt
Why do you feel that way? remember when 'ye was making beats and droppin mad quotables jus for the love of hiphop? I miss the old kanye.

:owens:
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

dubs

Post by dubs »

step one wrote:
stupid cunt
Why do you feel that way? remember when 'ye was making beats and droppin mad quotables jus for the love of hiphop? I miss the old kanye.

Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

step one

Post by step one »

dubs wrote:
step one wrote:
stupid cunt

Because he makes music with a commercial appeal, so he obviously makes music to make money. If he didnt he'd have GLC, Consequence and Malik Yusef on his albums instead of Jay Z, Chris Martin and Lil Wayne.
That's all well and good but don't then complain about people making music to get rich. If it bothers him that much he can lead by example and give his royalties to charity and make his music available for free download. And stick to producing, the rapping mostly sucks.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

EichTurner wrote:
mike eagle wrote:great stegosaurus straight jacket pajamas
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

dubs

Post by dubs »

step one wrote:
stupid cunt

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

You gotta love it though somebody still speaks from his soul

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

step one wrote:
dubs wrote:
step one wrote:
stupid cunt

Because he makes music with a commercial appeal, so he obviously makes music to make money. If he didnt he'd have GLC, Consequence and Malik Yusef on his albums instead of Jay Z, Chris Martin and Lil Wayne.
That's all well and good but don't then complain about people making music to get rich. If it bothers him that much he can lead by example and give his royalties to charity and make his music available for free download. And stick to producing, the rapping mostly sucks.
Even more his being disingenuous, he's promoting a "do it for the love" image that might resonate with up-and-coming artists and keep them from grabbing a sliver of Kanye's increasingly profitable pie. Kanye knows very well that making it as a freelance artist requires a lot of self-marketing, a lot of glad-handing, a lot of dealing with clients and people you might not love to be around. To act like he wishes he was in his mom's bedroom on the Southside of Chicago instead of hitting Kim Kardashian from the back and popping tags around the world is ridiculous. Kanye wants to know why are artists expected to be promotional tools and marketers? In part, because of him. Not that he invented or even perfected the model of artist as businessman, but he definitely bought into the shit wholesale.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Excuse my ignorance (havent watched the vid) what is that "suit and tie shit" exactly in this instance?

step one

Post by step one »

The Afronaut wrote:Excuse my ignorance (havent watched the vid) what is that "suit and tie shit" exactly in this instance?
the current smash by Justin & Shawn thats currently blowing up the iPods of Becky's nationwide.
not gonna post the video because I cant get on youtube at work and its probably corny as fuck anyway.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Kanye has the temperament of a 4 year old.

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

step one wrote:
dubs wrote:
step one wrote:
stupid cunt

Haha... I'd take even the current uninspired versions of Jay-z and Lil wayne over GLC and Consequence
at their peaks any day. And that has nothing to do with commercial appeal.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Req wrote:
because Jay is going on tour and has a new BFF
Kanye > NAS

step one

Post by step one »

yeah but the record company are only gonna give you a budget to collaborate with Chris Martin or Lil Wayne if they're confident you're gonna sell enough to make that money back.

I'm still at a loss as to the reason for the existence of Big Sean though.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

step one wrote:yeah but the record company are only gonna give you a budget to collaborate with Chris Martin or Lil Wayne if they're confident you're gonna sell enough to make that money back.

I'm still at a loss as to the reason for the existence of Big Sean though.
because Big Sean is the knock-off American version of Drake that Kanye couldn't get signed to GOOD Music (neither could Jay to Roc Nation)

Pusha is for his label's street cred (his Beanie Sigel ala the Roc), 2 Chainz is for the lucrative Southern market, and Big Sean is the fast rapping, smooth, suave and debonair 20-something ladies market heartthrob that Drake might have been if Kanye and Drake didn't clash over egos and destroy what could have been a disgustingly lucrative relationship. But Big Sean is a technically good rapper, and is slightly witty at times, but has NEVER dropped a substantially meaningful verse in his life. Kanye thinking Big Sean is a replacement superstar for Drake is a pretty big error.

That's why Drake dissed the fuck outta Big Sean on 'We On One' ("so get it while you're here, BOY/ cause all the hype don't feel the same next year, BOY/ and I'll be right here in my spot/ with a little bit more cash than I already got/ tripping off you cause you had your shot" :copy: ) {2 years later, Big Sean STILL uses that corny ass ad-lib "BOY!" on his records. :roper: as hell. } And Big Sean's first album pretty much flopped except for that song 'A$$' going platinum, so Drake was right. And he'll be right again, cause few people care about Big Sean's sophomore album 'Hall of Fame' too. It was supposed to drop 4th quarter 2012, but nobody cares about it and that song 'Guap' was not an explosive first single.

J. Cole might have more buzz for his second album than Big Sean does... and J. Cole is the definition of meh

rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Drake just bit kanye's 808 steez. Why did kanye try to sign him again? I smell ducktales

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Exhibit B

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

2 chainz is not on kanye's label

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

His temper tantrums are fucking tired. He always sucked as a rapper, and his beats are fucking garbage now. I wish the guy would just disappear already.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Ye's just mad cause he fell out with the illuminati.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Escobar305 wrote:

Exhibit B
:rofl: wow