Employee appreciation thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Gyangsta 4 Life

Employee appreciation thread

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Emp, man, you really are doing God's work supplying us with the latest no-name rapper feat. Jadakiss singles as well as keeping those classic 2009 threads' names ringin' in da streets. But isn't a big part of why we come to this forum the fact that teh rap musics are specially curated and presented for us pseudo-intelligent, sensitive thugs so we don't have to sift through rapradar and 2dopeboyz and datpiff(or wherever people go these days) ourselves?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: 1) It's okay to start new threads sometimes; and 2) why don't you stick to posting shit you're actually a fan of, instead of.....everything under the sun.

:lock:

Hayzoos

Re: Employee appreciation thread

Post by Hayzoos »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Emp, man, you really are doing God's work supplying us with the latest no-name rapper feat. Jadakiss singles as well as keeping those classic 2009 threads' names ringin' in da streets. But isn't a big part of why we come to this forum the fact that teh rap musics are specially curated and presented for us pseudo-intelligent, sensitive thugs so we don't have to sift through rapradar and 2dopeboyz and datpiff(or wherever people go these days) ourselves?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: 1) It's okay to start new threads sometimes; and 2) why don't you stick to posting shit you're actually a fan of, instead of.....everything under the sun.

I've wondered why he does that a few times as well. Especially most of the stuff he posted daily in the Chicago thread had me like :naswtf: . Didn't really care enough to complain about it though.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

I actually like the posting new songs in old threads. gives new shit some context...reminds us what the last shit was that people put out, and what the o :phila: inion-makers were saying

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I'm an idiot, so every morning I forget that the first new 2 page banger about an established artist I read is Emp upping old ass shit. I usually remember after that.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Julius Seizure wrote:I actually like the posting new songs in old threads. gives new shit some context...reminds us what the last shit was that people put out, and what the o :phila: inion-makers were saying

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Emp, man, you really are doing God's work supplying us with the latest no-name rapper feat. Jadakiss singles as well as keeping those classic 2009 threads' names ringin' in da streets. But isn't a big part of why we come to this forum the fact that teh rap musics are specially curated and presented for us pseudo-intelligent, sensitive thugs so we don't have to sift through rapradar and 2dopeboyz and datpiff(or wherever people go these days) ourselves?

:rofl: :copy:

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Moolah wrote:

:rofl:

step one

Post by step one »

Moolah wrote:

:rofl: :copy:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

:cheers:

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

I appreciate Employee's efforts, but he did go a bit apeshit yesterday.

Not sure him restricting himself to stuff he actually likes is a good idea; on one hand he'd be keeping the board up to speed with Gunplay and Bay Area stuff, but on the other hand he'd also be posting boring instrumental hip hop and all manner of Anticon leftovers.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I'll never post in M2C again if it is not in this thread.

Thx 4 letting your voices be heard.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Emp's method for updates may not be the slickest but not a single person complaining here contributes even a fraction of what he does to M2C. Until you start putting in some semblance of effort to make things better instead of just complaining, shut the fuck up.

EDIT: leave this in M2C
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'd like to clean up M2C not make it a cesspool.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Employee wrote:I'll never post in M2C again if it is not in this thread.

Thx 4 letting your voices be heard.
:bigarrow:

step one

Post by step one »

drizzle wrote:Emp's method for updates may not be the slickest but not a single person complaining here contributes even a fraction of what he does to M2C. Until you start putting in some semblance of effort to make things better instead of just complaining, shut the fuck up.

it could be said that by not bumping 4 year old threads about c-list rappers and showing a bit of restraint with whats posted, people are contributing to "making things better".

M2C is only as good as the music thats out at the time and the start of the year is always a bit quiet.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

step one wrote:
drizzle wrote:Emp's method for updates may not be the slickest but not a single person complaining here contributes even a fraction of what he does to M2C. Until you start putting in some semblance of effort to make things better instead of just complaining, shut the fuck up.

it could be said that by not bumping 4 year old threads about c-list rappers and showing a bit of restraint with whats posted, people are contributing to "making things better".

M2C is only as good as the music thats out at the time and the start of the year is always a bit quiet.
It could also be said that instead of complaining people could be posting new music in a manner that they enjoy, instead of bitching about how somebody else does it. Not a single person objecting here posts new music with any kind of notable consistency.

The 'early in the year' thing is nonsense, you're not doing shit at any other time of the year either. At least he's making an effort, flawed is it may be.

Req

Post by Req »

F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

ok, calm down, it was just a thought. I meant generally, theres less new shit out for those that do start new threads to do so.

Personally I mostly post from work where I've got restriced net access so I cant usually post up vids and music and shit. If not my IAMSU! appreciation thread would be in full 2PB mode by now.

Also worth considering is that Emp doesnt post that shit up for the good of the forum, he's just so bored and lonely that its all he's got to make it feel like he's doing something worthwhile with his life.

Gyangsta 4 Life

It's all about quality control and restoring order.

So Kendrick Lamar releases a new video, of course it should go in the existing "Good Kid" thread.

But bumping a 4 year old "Latinos in Hip-Hop" thread, full of obsolete embed codes, just to post the latest Chino XL myspace feature.. is a little unnecessary, no?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:Also worth considering is that Emp doesnt post that shit up for the good of the forum, he's just so bored and lonely that its all he's got to make it feel like he's doing something worthwhile with his life.
:copy: / :lock:

Gyangsta 4 Life

drizzle wrote: At least he's making an effort, flawed is it may be.
And that's what we're addressing here. No need for the :umad: responses, bro.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
You were visibly ":umad: responses, bro" when you started this thread.

#islandlyfe

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:It's all about quality control and restoring order.

So Kendrick Lamar releases a new video, of course it should go in the existing "Good Kid" thread.

But bumping a 4 year old "Latinos in Hip-Hop" thread, full of obsolete embed codes, just to post the latest Chino XL myspace feature.. is a little unnecessary, no?
:omgracist:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
A cursory search shows you have started less than 10 threads in m2c since the beginning of 2012, maybe 1 or 2 of them actually about new music. Your additions to other people's threads in this regard are equally slight. If you're not happy with how the forum looks, start with addressing your own contributions before you address somebody else's. Lead by example and such.

Req

Post by Req »

Employee = Quvenzhané Wallis
Gyangsta = The Onion
Drizzle = The Twitter
F.U. MOOLAH

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Req = Fag
Req = Gay
Req = Homosexual

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

you make a good point drizzle, but last afternoon was out of hand. maybe you weren't browsing at that time but the entire front page was employee old thread bumping.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Balzac wrote:you make a good point drizzle, but last afternoon was out of hand. maybe you weren't browsing at that time but the entire front page was employee old thread bumping.
When you were witnessing it what words best describe how you felt watching it all?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

drizzle wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
A cursory search shows you have started less than 10 threads in m2c since the beginning of 2012, maybe 1 or 2 of them actually about new music. Your additions to other people's threads in this regard are equally slight. If you're not happy with how the forum looks, start with addressing your own contributions before you address somebody else's. Lead by example and such.
:copy: Standing by my co-mod on this one. Don't like it, then contribute.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

ardamus wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
:copy: Standing by my co-mod on this one. Don't like it, then contribute.
:rofl:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo