Open Letter To Jay Electronica

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Open Letter To Jay Electronica

Post by drizzle »

the western twang at the beginning is about as generic as it gets, and it clearly lifts parts wholesale from other western themes while at it. once the drums kick in it's not a total disaster, still not good though
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

drizzle wrote:the western twang at the beginning is about as generic as it gets, and it clearly lifts parts wholesale from other western themes while at it. once the drums kick in it's not a total disaster, still not good though
I like Jay's verse but it's hard to get past that gimmicky production and sound effects. Would love to hear that verse over less conspicuous production.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Larry2times wrote:Fairly sure Jay has a terrible ear for talent and it was all Dame and Biggs choices: State Prop, Kanye, Dipset, Bleek, Young Gunz, one of the greatest production teams ever, Christion album aint bad either

Post them jumping ship: J Cole, Mr Hudson, Rita Ora, the Nore reggaeton album, Willow Smith,

Puffy: Biggie, Black Rob, Mase, The Lox, brought in 8Ball & MJG, 112, the first Boyz n da Hood album, one of the greatest production teams ever + his various solo albums which all have great shit on if you dont have sugar in your nutsack, NO WAY OUT
:rofl: I'm just fuckin with Escobar30... I MEAN MACHINE GUN KELLY :liljon:

I NEVER said Bad Boy made bad music. I love lots of what Diddy made, especially when it was genuine NYC street hop hustler music. I will even go on record... and say... *gasp* *gulp* that... I LIKE PUFF DADDY'S VERSES MORE THAN NAS'S VERSE ON 'EVERYTHING I LOVE' featuring Cee-Lo Green and Kanye West :oops: :cry: :arrow:

I'm playin around when I dis Diddy... but seriously, there's no way that Diddy has anywhere NEAR the creative talent of Jay-Z or Nas. And I DO believe that there is a dark cloud of negative karma over Bad Boy since Biggie Smalls was murdered. And Puffy's questionable-at-best amount of responsibility in respecting the legacy of Christopher Wallace and bringing his killers to justice has NOT been something that Sean Combs has done a good job of. And THAT is why he is cursed, to me.
But, business acumen? Sean Combs is a more greedy, vicious, astute and organized paper hustler than Shawn Carter or Nasir Jones (ha) will ever be, no matter what Jay-Z does with Roc Nation.

I know Jay-Z is not a very good A&R person at all, and operates by royal decree instead of raw skill and heart. If he didn't, he would have had a much more talented lieutenant than Memphis Bleek at his side for most of his life. Jay-Z has never known how to share the spotlight too gracefully, and not until Watch The Throne did he have to operate with a nearly equal creative power in his midst. There were rumors of fights and there were delays galore, plus I do believe it can be declared that NOT THE BEST Jay-Z verses were heard on WTT. Kanye's fight with Jay about the set-up of the tour is well-documented, and Jay-Z and Nas could make a duet album that made NYC/world hip hop history and probably would go multi-platinum... but they are both being too egotistical to put their egos aside and just schedule it to happen.
But I think an album together would benefit Jay-Z's legacy more than it would benefit Nas's...

all that being said: one of the best songs ever is 'All About The Benjamins', and I :bow: to Diddy for that
PUFFY FUCKED UP WITH SHYNE THOUGH, AND IT'S A DAMN SHAME HOW BAD HE FUCKED THAT UP :bunk:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Larry2times wrote:Rape'n U Records: dont worry if we write royalty checks, we write hits
:copy: :bunny:

:rofl: this is why I return to the :phila:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

blaming another person for your situation doesnt even make sense to me. that being said:

Diddy>>>>>>>>>

Ha!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

^Doubtlessly the result of a Diddy-Jigga-Nas gif search that's been underway since thread's inception.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

^ur right, i knew that from the jump

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: there's no way that Diddy has anywhere NEAR the creative talent of Jay-Z or Nas.
As a rapper, true.

As anything else, false.
Mindbender Futurama wrote:And I DO believe that there is a dark cloud of negative karma over Bad Boy since Biggie Smalls was murdered.
There's no dark cloud. The primary artist that the entire label was built on died. Considering that, he still made a shit ton after he died.

Don't know what your beef is with Puff. He's a business man first and always. He's not anymore greedy than most extremely successful businessmen.

Jay's also a very good business man. Just not as a label owner or president because his ego gets in the way of motivating his artists.

Nas shouldn't be in the discussion.

Jay Elec should just put out his own music. At this stage, he could do YouTube videos, get 1,000,000 views and then get Sprite to sponsor his tour. I think we'd all be happy regardless of who he's signed to.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

that new song is cool but is not for them, it's for the movie OST

:stillwaiting: :fail:

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: there's no way that Diddy has anywhere NEAR the creative talent of Jay-Z or Nas.
As a rapper, true.

As anything else, false.
I can't speak to his Television production talents or lack thereof, but his consumer products are mostly "sampled and looped" as well. Unfporgivable was a direct and inferior copy of Millesime Imperial by Creed. (POuffy's favorite cologne) Every one of his colognes is derivative.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

^ :rofl: / :naswtf:
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

DLG

Post by DLG »

move to bacon bra?

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kace

Post by Kace »

Jay Electronica Cleared To Marry British Heiress Kate Rothschild

By Nicolas James | Apr 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM 136120 Comments 18,339 Views

JE may be absent from the music scene, but he's clearly doing alright otherwise.

As reported by the London Evening Standard, Jay Electronica is now free to marry British heiress Kate Rothschild, who he's been dating for a minute now. Previously married to Ben Goldsmith (son of billionaire financier Sir James), the two were officially divorced today by Deputy District Judge Felicity Crowther.

Trouble in the wealthy couple's nine-year marriage came to a head last June when Goldsmith allegedly assaulted Rothschild over emails and texts exchanged between her and Electronica, with was followed by a very public Twitter beef. Mr. Goldsmith accepted a police caution in the matter, but Jay apparently responded by letting him know he was ready to "come and see him."

While Goldsmith describes Rothschild as "appalling," she claims her "life had been saved" by the emcee. She still lives in her ex-husband’s multi-million home in Kensington with their three young children. Whether Jay will be moving in remains to be seen.

We doubt this new development will hasten the release of new Electronica material, but we can hope. Jay's last full project was 2009's “Exhibit C,” and the last time we posted new music from him was over a year ago.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/news.5456.html
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:lol: niiiiice, he didn't put an album but he royally pimped the fuckin' game.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

DLG

Post by DLG »

is mac miller entering a dark and edgy phase?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

does he not care about his rap career?

its getting ridic now

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:does he not care about his rap career?

its getting ridic now
he plans on marrying a bazzzillionaire or something, fuck a rap career lol

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

that mac miller joint is kinda nice. what does it take to get jay elec in the studio these days?

^^i think marrying into british nobility is dude's plan to infiltrate the illuminati
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Kace

Post by Kace »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:that mac miller joint is kinda nice. what does it take to get jay elec in the studio these days?

^^i think marrying into british nobility is dude's plan to infiltrate the illuminati
He doesn't need to infiltrate the illuminati when he's already penetrating one of them every night.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

dawg, she's only a rothschild she doesn't even have top level secrets. hes trying to trade up to a saxe-coburg and gotha.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:that mac miller joint is kinda nice.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:is mac miller entering a dark and edgy phase?
seems to be the case. whatever it is, the new album sounds better than Blue Slide Park.
Balzac wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:that mac miller joint is kinda nice.
All bullshit aside, that albums has some good shit on it.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I like a Mac Miller thing?

Jay Elect killed that, and he made me remember him, and I hate him for that.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://soundcloud.com/thebullitts/murderdeathkill
MURDER DEATH KILL (featuring Jay Electronica)

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

:sigh:
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i thought it was old news that this guys were working with Jay Elec. didnt they do some videos for him or something before?

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

:rofl: