Spark Master Tape

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

WiCkEd22

Re: Spark Master Tape

Post by WiCkEd22 »

How do you clowns listen to this moron?? He makes straight up GARBAGE!!! Get real.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Always psyched to get wick's input on new rap!

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I don't care who he is but i'd rather not know anyway. It's the same shit as Burial - it's just some dude, some random rapper who pretended to be another rapper, not somebody well known. Knowing exactly which random rapper neither adds nor takes away from the music, but I do enjoy the mystique of anonymity associated with the persona.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Blockhead wrote:Always psyched to get wick's input on new rap!
:powers:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

WiCkEd22 wrote:How do you clowns listen to this moron?? He makes straight up GARBAGE!!! Get real.
:leon:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

WiCkEd22 wrote:How do you clowns listen to this moron?? He makes straight up GARBAGE!!! Get real.

cry about it more bro

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Blockhead wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:no you wouldnt lol

What if i found out he was Cleanhobo?
That would put be quite the left turn in the CH saga. I dunno how well I would deal with realizing having Hobo tracks in my itunes.

Sidenote, Praise Be to Gloss for Hobos extended hiatus. 2016 is markedly improved as a result.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Fagg Tannen wrote:
cry about it more bro
Ain't no one cryin, breh. The reality is I'm laughing at you and all the other morons who listen to this pure garbage. If yoar taste is this bad when it comes to music, I can only imagine the choices you make in life. Sucks to be you. Sad, but true. *shrugs*

:ghey:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Fagg Tannen wrote:
cry about it more bro
Ain't no one cryin, breh. The reality is I'm laughing at you and all the other morons who listen to this pure garbage. If yoar taste is this bad when it comes to music, I can only imagine the choices you make in life. Sucks to be you. Sad, but true. *shrugs*

cry about it more bro

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Either you're trolling or you're an idiot. Both options are equally bad.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Piff Tannen wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
Fagg Tannen wrote:
cry about it more bro

cry about it more bro
:lol:

DLG

Post by DLG »

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

https://soundcloud.com/sparkmastertape/ ... er-platoon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

extended version, different from video.

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

Album out tomorrow

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

http://www.datpiff.com/Spark-Master-Tap ... 78437.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

:cheers: :mrcee: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

this is very very dope

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Wowzers.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

random greg nice sample.

not really feeling this. didnt even get interesting to me until maybe track 10.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i fux with it, but youre right, it really turns up after the interlude. i liked the chill tracks at the start tho, and tenkkey is forever my shit

gonna let this cook in the whip for awhile tho

i think they coulda made this a 14 track classic, 22 tracks is alot BUT

nigga been gone for 2 years, its like when your tree man doesnt have any bud for you for a minute and when you go back to him he packs the bag a lil extra fat for the inconvenience

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

^ i hate that 'chill' shit, "all about the money" is so bad I almost turned the whole thing off. I bet this is the point Block stops riding this dude like the second coming
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Still haven't had a chance to sit and peep it yet. I got it dl'd in my phone.
Also, I don't think he's the second coming of anything. I think he's really interesting music though and I've loved everything he's done thus far. From the sound of it, I should lower my expectations for this one, huh?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Huge decline in SMT's carefully-cultivated/nurtured aesthetic. Felt like ( :pause:) the deeper you got ( :pause: ), the worse it got. "Tenkkeys" had me leery, but the album is very much in that same vein (nh @ "same vein"). Not sure where this guy goes from here; I supposed all artists should be afforded their occasional guffaws and boners. But paired with his absence, this album gives the distinct impression his Idea Unicorn has lost its horn.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

enjoyed it

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Some really good shit on here but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Feels a little long and disjointed, doesn't flow smoothly. Def could've been a few tracks shorter without loosing much.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^ agreed. It's not as solid as the previous albums and there are some misses but it's still got dope joints and dude is a fucking great/creative producer. I still like it a lot. Backlash ass dudes waiting in the wings out here...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:Backlash ass dudes waiting in the wings out here...
Not really, Guy Fieri.

I fuckin' boner out hard for this dude's shit and this was definitely a limp noodle.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i dont fully agree, but im clearly a stan

its not as hard hitting as the last shit, but that doesn't mean its weak. its just different. the slowness spoken about on the first half really isnt bothersome to me now as i listen to it more and more. its laid back, and then the second half contains the more high energy joints, all of which i really like. sigelli was an immediate favorite

i havent heard spark on some chill shit as much tho spokken moonshine is one of my favorite songs from him. i do hope for more content that tells some sort of backstory though, that was something that stood about initially for me on joints like 'charlies episode'. theres glints of that here and there in this one, which is appreciated but thats definitely part of the appeal for me

i think dat piff fucked up the album sequencing at first and that made it feel off, but once it was fixed, i still stand by my enjoyment of the project.

the songs are short enough too that if you dont like something, itll be over pretty quickly, but the bump on certain joints is fantastic

im interested in what visuals are next, or seeing whats gonna happen with SMT and his crew next. no doubt theres gonna be more dope visuals for this

i think, also obviously, the 2 year hiatus may have had something to do with the direction/feel of the new tape

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

his sound design and production ideas are always interesting, and considering how he samples more than using synths / vsts / midi, etc. I'd imagine this album took a lot of time to make. if he's actually doing it by himself, as I imagine his process to be. i doubt he uses a team of people, just considering how the songs and beats are sequenced, etc.

nothing to take away from his output other than the songs didn't resonate to me that well this time.

there were a few times where he made short tracks, which could have easily been one song with multiple change-ups instead and no one would have found that to be out of his element