Scarface says "Hip Hop is white now" and more

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Scarface says "Hip Hop is white now" and more

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

FYI: Geto Boys are reuniting for a nationwide tour. In other Scarface news: :copy:
Scarface also says there is "a conspiracy against the Blacks in Hip Hop" and explains how record label executives have "brainwashed a generation" of fans.

Scarface recently vented about his frustrations with record label executives and Hip Hop. In an interview with Hardknock TV, Face shared his displeasure by speaking on how he feels race and racism affect the music that is released by record companies.

"I feel like we losing it," Face said in the clip. "I feel like the people that are in control of what Hip Hop does is so fucking White and so fucking Jewish and so they don't give a fuck about what the culture and the craft really is about."

Scarface paused at this point and said he wanted to clarify.

"Let me say this shit right because I want this to be as offensive as I can fuckin' make it for these old-ass punks that's running these record labels that's in the powerful positions to dictate what the Black community hears and listens to. I fucking hate that shit. That shit pisses me off," he added.

"There's no fucking way that you can tell me that it's not a conspiracy against the Blacks in Hip Hop. You put out fucking records that make us look stupid. You make us look dumb. You brainwash a generation of Hip Hoppers with this fucking crud and then when these other rappers come out, splitting it down the middle, these other rappers' shit sound like 'Wow!' Y'all look great!' 'Y'all look stupid!' ... Then mothafuckers start going over here and pretty soon, Hip Hop is White now."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... xecutives-
:killacam:

Discuss the ether.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Scarface says "Hip Hop is white now" and more

Post by Philaflava »

Clearly he is referring to the Macklemores and Mac Millers of the world because other than those dudes, I would say most hip-hop played today is still coming from the Waynes, Drakes, Rick Rosses of the world. Sounds like some frustrating battles going on but because Face is a legend he'll get a pass from most.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

He is my favorite rapper of all time.

But sometimes he confuses me. All the "black" records he is referring to, are by artists that he works with (Wayne, Ross, Kirko Bangz etc.)

I mean yeah, music execs. are by in large gay or Jewish, but their reign isn't limited to hip-hop. They control all entertainment, and have diluted every form of it.

No one forces people to buy Chief Keef's music, though. The reason that shit gets spins on urban radio is because urban people demand it. Bottom line. That's how radio always has and always will worked. PPM monitoring/testing/focus groups etc.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

:lol: @ a currently working rapper not believing in payola

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

DARNED GAYS AND JEWS, ALWAYS BUYING IN LARGE.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

maclethal wrote:I mean yeah, music execs. are by in large gay or Jewish, but their reign isn't limited to hip-hop. They control all entertainment, and have diluted every form of it.

No one forces people to buy Chief Keef's music, though. The reason that shit gets spins on urban radio is because urban people demand it. Bottom line. That's how radio always has and always will worked. PPM monitoring/testing/focus groups etc.
quoted for :phila:osterity

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:Clearly he is referring to the Macklemores and Mac Millers
my first thought when i read this
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I'd say Scarface is right.

Rap used to be powerful and make white people uncomfortable, but all that's left of that is touchy feely hockeymom-buddhism and LV-scarves. And as we are speaking whites are actively trying to rinse out "homophobia" and "sexism" from hiphop in the hopes that rap will be as sterile and bland as the political views of a semi-educated milquetoast liberal arts major from Manhatten.

ED: But I think the rise to stardom of the likes of talentless faggots like Chief Keef has more to do with records execs knowing that there's a huge market for it consisting of whites who throw "ghetto-themed parties" and secretly consider blacks to be savage animals. It has more to do with money than brainwashing.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

He worked for prince.. I can see why after 25 years of being investigated by the feds he would believe what he's saying...

But it's been known face is legit crazy.. bipolar manic depressive etc

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:ED: But I think the rise to stardom of the likes of talentless faggots like Chief Keef has more to do with records execs knowing that there's a huge market for it consisting of whites who throw "ghetto-themed parties" and secretly consider blacks to be savage animals. It has more to do with money than brainwashing.
Yep. The brainwashing comes second because they see the money first. But leave it to a situation that happened to someone like Rick Ross getting dropped from Reebok for these record execs to re-consider their positions on co-signing shit like this all the time. When they get their pockets patted down, they gain a conscious.

Also have to add, no matter your race, I feel people have the need to shit on anything that's deemed conscious or better yet, not sounding like its "street" or "hood" enough to fit in or look cool. You'd think that mentality would go away because its so old but the commercial still hasn't, probably never will, give an even playing field of music that doesn't just gear towards money/bitches/drugs/clothes/violence.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I'd say Scarface is right.

Rap used to be powerful and make white people uncomfortable, but all that's left of that is touchy feely hockeymom-buddhism and LV-scarves. And as we are speaking whites are actively trying to rinse out "homophobia" and "sexism" from hiphop in the hopes that rap will be as sterile and bland as the political views of a semi-educated milquetoast liberal arts major from Manhatten.

ED: But I think the rise to stardom of the likes of talentless faggots like Chief Keef has more to do with records execs knowing that there's a huge market for it consisting of whites who throw "ghetto-themed parties" and secretly consider blacks to be savage animals. It has more to do with money than brainwashing.
this.

it's okay, white folks. unless you are actively conspiring to shut down hip hop YOURSELF, it's TOTALLY OKAY TO ADMIT YOUR OTHER MR. WHITE FOLKS CONTINGENT ARE KILLING THIS CULTURE with lowest common denominator ignorance exploitation. I'm Black, and I can admit that other Black men are killing each other genocidally. I'm not a race-traitor to tell the truth about life. Any white person who DOESN'T see hip hop culture constantly being manipulated and controlled and changed from the ESSENCE of what it used to mean to the world, is being STUNNINGLY NAIVE, in my opinion.

Rap doesn't make you smarter or more rebellious to society anymore, and that's what it used to do for almost ALL of us. If Chief Keef is a rebel, he's a walking dead stupid rebel that might not make it to 21, nor really have any effective challenge to the white supremist power structure that benefits from him perpetuating every negative african-american male stereotype on earth. They already made money on that kid's stupidity when he went to court and went to jail. Interscope is making more off Chief Keef that Keef is, and they will drop him if, I mean, WHEN he fails to deliver on the hype around his name.

That being said: it's not just Macklemore and Mac Miller. It's the outright silencing of all voices of dissent, ESPECIALLY BLACK VOICES. Are we really at the point where only Killer Mike and Brother Ali are the last active revolutionary rap voices in the game? Immortal Technique occasionally enters the conversation, but he's working with his people more than in music. The Coup just dropped a half disco dance party revolutionary album and still motherfuckers won't listen to the truth of Boots. Mos Def and Talib Kweli both have taken different paths, Mos turning Muslim and somewhat abandoning the impossible task to save hip hop, and it's not ironic that Talib Kweli's next album dropping May 7th is called 'Prisoner of Conscious'.

But I don't believe there is as much demand for Chief Keef music as these execs say there is. He's not very talented, and the masses aren't THAT stupid. I mean, they are gullible and easily controlled, but c'mon. Nobody with any respectable vision believes Chief Keef will be the next Kool G Rap or Cam'ron. He's being promoted because he's young, dumb, and full of guns. Go Interscope, keep killing Black communities for your profits. When you pushed 50 Cent's violent madness, you did the same irresponsible thing: PROVE SCARFACE RIGHT.

To not think that the powers that be want black people dumbed down and docile while they keep us enslaved and steal more money, power and freedom from society is to be blind to the facts.

WHITE MAN BROADCASTING CHANNEL ZERO ON TV AND INTERNET TOO, NOW
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Eminem's always outdoing everyone on album sales, even with the shittiest albums and economies going on.

Looking back from 1998, I can't believe Lil Wayne and Eminem would ever collab on a track.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Philaflava wrote:Clearly he is referring to the Macklemores and Mac Millers of the world because other than those dudes, I would say most hip-hop played today is still coming from the Waynes, Drakes, Rick Rosses of the world. Sounds like some frustrating battles going on but because Face is a legend he'll get a pass from most.
I'm white and Scarface is one of my favorite rappers of all time, but I agree with this. Seems to be as though the only people complaining are the ones struggling. Thought his last album Emeritus was wack but prior to that, I thought Made was one of the best albums of '07.

Great news about the Geto Boys reunion though, but I heard the same thing back in '08.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Clearly he is referring to the Macklemores and Mac Millers of the world because other than those dudes, I would say most hip-hop played today is still coming from the Waynes, Drakes, Rick Rosses of the world. Sounds like some frustrating battles going on but because Face is a legend he'll get a pass from most.
I'm white and Scarface is one of my favorite rappers of all time, but I agree with this. Seems to be as though the only people complaining are the ones struggling. Thought his last album Emeritus was wack but prior to that, I thought Made was one of the best albums of '07.

Great news about the Geto Boys reunion though, but I heard the same thing back in '08.
No offense, but:

Whitey, please. Just because you tell the truth doesn't mean you only do so because you are "struggling". Do we assume everything is peachy keen and perfect because Jay-Z and Lil Wayne and Kanye and T.I. aren't making deadprez level revolutionary rap anthems and fighting the powers that be on every level they can? FUCK NAW. We know that most of these guys would NOT risk their money for any political principles. So as women's rights are being attacked during the election, drone planes are killing civilians overseas, Black unemployment is WORSE in the Obama Administration than it was during Bush, and Chicago is a fucking black-on-black crime warzone in the midst of countless massacres, from The Dark Knight theater to Sandy Hook to Christopher Dorner to Boston's bombing and whatever else you want to add... it's not like the world isn't FUCKED UP enough to say something real.

But anyone who is doing so in their rap music is NOT being promoted by anyone with power. If I'm wrong, show me. Oprah Winfrey ain't gonna have Lupe Fiasco or Boots Riley or Talib Kweli on her show, she's gonna get Jay-Z and 50 Cent. And what white guys are saying anything revolutionary with their raps? El-P does from time to time, but not as much as he used to, unfortunately. He couldn't be one of the the only white male voices of rap revolt on every album because then he would play himself out or remain preaching to the converted. 'Cancer 4 Cure' was understandable that it wasn't the anti-American epic we thought it might be, but the first verse of "$4 Vic" gives us what we want. And Ill Bill does so from time to time, and he's underground as fuck with little chance of going to Yelawolf-land.

Scarface isn't struggling. Scarface is telling the fucking truth because he knows few other MCs do that anymore. He wasn't ever the type of guy to get racial and political, but he knows that right now, it needs to be said and done, by anyone.

You have to not know, or not care to know, about how hip hop used to be in 1988 if you don't think that it is being whitewashed right now. There is NO internet or mainstream media visibility given to any pro-conscious, pro-black, pro-cultural, pro-intelligent hip hop right now. Virtually NONE. If there is, please enlighten us, we all need to know.

Either way... hip hop is officially crawling into rock and roll's grave now, thanks to ignorant white folks. Deal with it.

The Geto Boys have lined up the tour dates, check for them.
The Geto Boys are gearing up for a massive U.S. tour with Houston's Free Press Summer Fest heading the list June 1st. It's been 22 years since Willie D, Scarface and Bushwick Bill toured together as a group. Classic hip-hopper Willie D says of the venture, "We're doing this in response to the demands of our fans: There is a whole generation of GB fans who haven't seen us live in concert and we want to rectify that."

While exact dates are still coming together, a list of confirmed cities has been announced.
Houston, TX
Atlanta, GA
Denver, CO
Seattle, WA
Indianapolis, IN
Columbus, OH
Minneapolis, MN
Washington, DC
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Boston, MA
Charlotte, SC
Tucson, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
San Francisco, CA (Press Release)

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

On paper he reads like your run of the mill racist.

Kace

Post by Kace »

I think the problem lies more in the dull mediocre and uninspiring times we live in and not so much the ethnical background of record executives.

The race of record label bosses hasn't changed that much over the last decades has it?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Mindbender was doing so good too.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

No offense, but:

Whitey, please. Just because you tell the truth doesn't mean you only do so because you are "struggling". Do we assume everything is peachy keen and perfect because Jay-Z and Lil Wayne and Kanye and T.I. aren't making deadprez level revolutionary rap anthems and fighting the powers that be on every level they can? FUCK NAW. We know that most of these guys would NOT risk their money for any political principles. So as women's rights are being attacked during the election, drone planes are killing civilians overseas, Black unemployment is WORSE in the Obama Administration than it was during Bush, and Chicago is a fucking black-on-black crime warzone in the midst of countless massacres, from The Dark Knight theater to Sandy Hook to Christopher Dorner to Boston's bombing and whatever else you want to add... it's not like the world isn't FUCKED UP enough to say something real.

But anyone who is doing so in their rap music is NOT being promoted by anyone with power. If I'm wrong, show me. Oprah Winfrey ain't gonna have Lupe Fiasco or Boots Riley or Talib Kweli on her show, she's gonna get Jay-Z and 50 Cent. And what white guys are saying anything revolutionary with their raps? El-P does from time to time, but not as much as he used to, unfortunately. He couldn't be one of the the only white male voices of rap revolt on every album because then he would play himself out or remain preaching to the converted. 'Cancer 4 Cure' was understandable that it wasn't the anti-American epic we thought it might be, but the first verse of "$4 Vic" gives us what we want. And Ill Bill does so from time to time, and he's underground as fuck with little chance of going to Yelawolf-land.

Scarface isn't struggling. Scarface is telling the fucking truth because he knows few other MCs do that anymore. He wasn't ever the type of guy to get racial and political, but he knows that right now, it needs to be said and done, by anyone.

You have to not know, or not care to know, about how hip hop used to be in 1988 if you don't think that it is being whitewashed right now. There is NO internet or mainstream media visibility given to any pro-conscious, pro-black, pro-cultural, pro-intelligent hip hop right now. Virtually NONE. If there is, please enlighten us, we all need to know.

Either way... hip hop is officially crawling into rock and roll's grave now, thanks to ignorant white folks. Deal with it.
Seems like you look at hip hop a lot differently than me. In my opinion, what's being marketed to the masses is done so not because of a racist agenda, but because that's what sells. The guys you mentioned, Jay-Z, Drake, Ross, Wayne, those people sell and attract the general public. Ill Bill, Killer Mike, and Immortal Technique don't.

As far as how hip hop was in '88, I can say honestly I don't know first hand. I was born in '88. Everything I know about how hip hop was back then is just from revisiting albums and reading about it. Maybe that's why our opinons about this differ. To each his own though.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote: As far as how hip hop was in '88, I can say honestly I don't know first hand. I was born in '88. Everything I know about how hip hop was back then is just from revisiting albums and reading about it. Maybe that's why our opinons about this differ. To each his own though.
from a white child's perspective, it was still looked on as a fad by my peers and family. hell, even in '86 moving to upstate New York, kids my age asked me "what's RAP?" and i'd say "breakdancing music", because it seems that breakdancing was more universally known than rap music was. Then I moved to the south, which was even crazier.

then again, rap seems to be fads for many people still. i knew lots of kids growing up that went from not even caring about any type of music then straight into bumping 2 live crew and dr. dre and onyx once they hit junior high. it was odd to me, i understand the hardcore gangsta appeal, but when i started listening to rap i thought Dan Akyroyd's lame ass "Dragnet" rap was the dopest thing ever. I dug the beats, but by the early to mid-90s when everything had stickers and my folks didn't want to support my interest in rap listening, i went and got interested in Primus and Nirvana for the most part. Oh, but most of those mid-90s 2pac and Bone Thugs fans that got into rap via NWA in 89 or so, decided to start listening to Korn and Slipknot and fading away from any rap interest ever again. Any raps they get into are whatever is commercial, heavily played on the radio, and easily accessible. I took a few years off, mainly between 93 and 96, but even then I was still watching Yo! whenever I could. I'm still checking rap blogs more than anything else, and hell I go to punk and metal shows monthly. I'll never stop being interested in music.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Kace wrote:I think the problem lies more in the dull mediocre and uninspiring times we live in and not so much the ethnical background of record executives.

The race of record label bosses hasn't changed that much over the last decades has it?
:copy:

Very very true. But c'mon y'all. Something's rotten in Denmark, and by Denmark, I don't mean Denmark.

It's not even a conspiracy. It's just beyond fucked up now. Rap is really fucking out of control, and hip hop is really kind of dead. Dudes aren't rhyming anymore, dudes aren't being original, women are mostly rhyming like Nicki Minaj or that Peaches-type valley girl rap style, and mad fools are sleeping on rappers like Psalm One. Sleeping on Jean Grae is like officially an element of hip hop now.

Examples abound. We're past the tipping point. All of it leads up to some shit that really gotta check itself. Before it wrecks itself.

I ain't saying "kill whitey" or "lynch the execs" or none of that. But really. Look around.

How many times have you been inspired by something meaningful in hip hop lately?

I was alive when "Fight The Power" came out. That shit changed lives FOR REAL.

Does hip hop do that for anyone anymore? :killacam:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

No offense, but:

Seems like you look at hip hop a lot differently than me. In my opinion, what's being marketed to the masses is done so not because of a racist agenda, but because that's what sells. The guys you mentioned, Jay-Z, Drake, Ross, Wayne, those people sell and attract the general public. Ill Bill, Killer Mike, and Immortal Technique don't.

As far as how hip hop was in '88, I can say honestly I don't know first hand. I was born in '88. Everything I know about how hip hop was back then is just from revisiting albums and reading about it. Maybe that's why our opinons about this differ. To each his own though.
good point.

I do see it from a different perspective. I don't even think of my identity as only African, but the world treats me like "a black man", so I have to deal with it. I listen to rappers that are GOOD, I don't care what 'race' they are. I've been this way since 1989 when I heard 3rd Bass for months before their album came out, and I loved them, and was actually shocked to see they were white guys when I first saw the 'Cactus Album' cover. I kept enjoying them. One of my first rhyme homies in life is a tall, six foot, pale white hockey player that could outrhyme most anybody I ever heard, and still could. I was not first introduced to Everlast when 'House of Pain' put out "Jump Around". I was one of the people who said "what the fuck did that smooth-cut dude who put out that dope song 'The Rhythm'? do to himself? He's all drunken Irish now? I didn't mind him in a suit, those lyrics were dope." I'm not a racist when it comes to music.

But when it comes to the music INDUSTRY, I'm not an idiot, and I'm not blind. I see what they did there. :omgracist: :bunk:

I was born in 1977. I was alive when "The Message" first came out, and I heard it on the radio long before I saw the video. I experienced the Pro-Black Era of hip hop. African Medallions and X hats and the establishment of Karl Kani and Cross Colours and 2 Black Guys and Bad Boy Records and Death Row and Wu-Tang Records and Rap-a-Lot Records and Suave House and Skyywalker Records and Ruthless Records and all the black owned businesses that laid the foundation for what is happening in "hip hop" today. And these days, things are different.

The success you can possibly have saying certain things is virtually none, it seems like. There is such a crazy separation of styles, to the point where the so-called "conscious" MCs aren't even organized anywhere in any spectrum of hip hop. Not even the Okayplayers are on the same level, and they could possibly be seen as the last major group of "conscious" rap power players. When's the last time you heard them all combine their powers to make a song? Remember that joint 'Hip Hop For Respect'? Those were the days, eh? But have cops stopped killing youth? Not so much.

Mos Def. Talib Kweli. Pharoahe Monch. Black Thought. Common. Jay Electronica. Little Brother. Blackalicious. Q-Tip. Where are our heroes? Where is the media love for these people? Can you tell me any of these artists dropped any deep music that was promoted by the masses? And are these people wack? Far from it. And Scarface isn't wack either, nor is he struggling. What's going on?
Philaflava wrote:Mindbender was doing so good too.
I'd love you to explain what this means, brother :cheers:

If I "am bad now", tell me how. I don't think I have written a single word that is untrue.

the ONLY thing I would :icedit: is
thanks to ignorant white folks
and just say "ignorant folks... behaviour that creates hype, music, movies, and a lifestyle that generates profits that benefit eurocentric capitalist corporations like Interscope and Universal and Warner Brothers more than anyone else, through their exploitation of white/black/latin/aboriginal/asian/poor people across the world that is so very extremely influenced by hip hop culture."

there's a LOT of fucking African-American ignorance going down these days, and white executives aren't DOING it, but some of them are exploiting it. Is Trinidad James and Chief Keef the NEXT BEST THINGS in hip hop?

I remember when Nas was "next". I was around BEFORE 'Live at the BBQ' and 'Aint Hard to Tell'.
And you want me to give a fuck about THESE new dudes like they are spitting ANYTHING REAL?

GTFOH :rofl: :bunk:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Whether its due to a conspiracy or not, Hip-Hop becoming what it is now has been an inevitability for some time. I dont get why people act so surprised and incensed about it in 2013. When it left the streets and got in bed with the music industry it was pretty much a done deal.

I for one think that despite where hip-hop is now, we are better off than if it'd stayed confined to the Bronx (read: the only way rap wouldnt have gotten "out of control").

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I've been this way since 1989 when I heard 3rd Bass for months before their album came out, and I loved them, and was actually shocked to see they were white guys when I first saw the 'Cactus Album' cover.

Seriously?

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

I saw them live in Austin a few months back and it was incredible. Scarface definitely held it down the hardest. Oh, and fuck Macklemore Miller.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

myself

Post by myself »

I see Geto Boys are coming to my city. I might go to the show, but I don't know if I feel like being around a crowd of 90% white dudes in their early 30s. I wonder if Face will accept their cash?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Combo7 wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I've been this way since 1989 when I heard 3rd Bass for months before their album came out, and I loved them, and was actually shocked to see they were white guys when I first saw the 'Cactus Album' cover.

Seriously?
You have to understand, this was 1989. To my knowledge, there was only one other white group out, and I didn't like them. The Beastie Boys didn't catch my ear until "Ill Communication". When 3rd Bass came out, I was in GRADE SEVEN. I was 12 years old, and didn't have that much of a discerning ear to take note that MC Serch was a bit wiggish, LOL. He could rap, yo! Pete Nice sounded greazy, too. Kids shouldn't know or care bout them things. They never matter. Is the song good or not? I liked the "Gas Face" and "Steppin to the AM" and much more (their second album was SICK AS FUCK). I liked 3rd Bass, and so did Prince Paul. I also think Paul Barman is a genius. I don't play race when it comes to music. But when music industry stereotypes come to ruin hip hop... why play dumb? Sorry, I digress.

I'm talkin' bout the days where cassettes and mixtape dubs were all people heard of some MCs, and didn't see pictures of them FOR MONTHS if the rapper was lucky enough to get a picture in a magazine... if they ever did. I don't know if I have seen a picture of Kid Hood, the immortally ill motherfucker who opened up the Scenario (Remix)...

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Larry2times wrote::lol: @ a currently working rapper not believing in payola
I've hosted a radio show on a Clear Channel radio station for 7 years. I have to sign a contract every single year stating I've never received payola from a record label or commercial radio promoter. And I'm lying when I sign it. That's all I'm of liberty to say. I'm well aware that payola plays an impact on things getting radio play. A big one, even.

At first.

HOWEVER, if people don't like the song, the song won't last, and will die rather quickly. If a song isn't demanded by listeners/doesn't test well with focus groups, it will not continue getting spins.

Chief Keef is not a part of some white record label executive's elaborate plan to destroy the black community. All the white record label executive does is exploit and rape the preexisting high demand for his music to be played.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

maclethal wrote:
I've hosted a radio show on a Clear Channel radio station for 7 years. I have to sign a contract every single year stating I've never received payola from a record label or commercial radio promoter. And I'm lying when I sign it. That's all I'm of liberty to say. I'm well aware that payola plays an impact on things getting radio play. A big one, even.

At first.

HOWEVER, if people don't like the song, the song won't last, and will die rather quickly. If a song isn't demanded by listeners/doesn't test well with focus groups, it will not continue getting spins.

Chief Keef is not a part of some white record label executive's elaborate plan to destroy the black community. All the white record label executive does is exploit and rape the preexisting high demand for his music to be played.

World class CEO that has promoted misogyny, racism, sexism and violence and murder for years, this is the asshole to thank for that ignorant piece of shit known as Chief Keef and the "talented" D12 rapping about raping Grandmothers, destroying the black community?...nope just making millions promoting mindless and ignorant bullshit.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Do y'all really think that pro-black, conscious, political hip-hop isn't getting radio spins because of a conspiracy?

Is it really a conspiracy that a 25 year old black chick wants to hear French Montana on the way to work instead of the latest Public Enemy song? People want to hear music they can tune out, dance to, and sing along with. This applies to ALL RACES.

If you disagree, go to a predominantly black and/or white club tomorrow night and watch how people react to the songs Scarface is suggesting no one actually likes. When Chief Keef "Love Sosa" comes on, the place will erupt.

Bottom. Line.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Jaz wrote:
maclethal wrote:

At first.

World class CEO that has promoted misogyny, racism, sexism and violence and murder for years, this is the asshole to thank for that ignorant piece of shit known as Chief Keef and the "talented" D12 rapping about raping Grandmothers, destroying the black community?...nope just making millions promoting mindless and ignorant bullshit.
Chief Keef was charting on Billboard before Jimmy Iovine signed him. He had nothing to do with Chief Keef blowing up.

step one

Post by step one »

maclethal wrote:Do y'all really think that pro-black, conscious, political hip-hop isn't getting radio spins because of a conspiracy?

Is it really a conspiracy that a 25 year old black chick wants to hear French Montana on the way to work instead of the latest Public Enemy song? People want to hear music they can tune out, dance to, and sing along with. This applies to ALL RACES.

If you disagree, go to a predominantly black and/or white club tomorrow night and watch how people react to the songs Scarface is suggesting no one actually likes. When Chief Keef "Love Sosa" comes on, the place will erupt.

Bottom. Line.
so why is it that 15/20/25 years ago you could hear Black Moon and Gang Starr on daytime Hot 97 and now you cant? It seems strange that when theres talk about new mainstream shit being wack, people say 'its what the kids want' but years back it seemed 'the kids' were happy with a bit of substance and creativity (along with the more dancey/catchy shit that was getting played alongside it).
Whats changed? There must be more to it than kids being faggots these days. I cant believe all of them only want club joints and pop shit all the time but they arent offered an alternative so dont know any better.

I dont think Face is saying no one likes it, but its back to the old thing of there being no balance. I dont think he'd have as much of a problem with stuff like that being in heavy rotation if music from the other end of the spectrum was getting as much of a push from the majors and mainstream media.

For casual listeners, if you play them some shit often enough and tell them its hot they'll eventually like it. Shit, first time I played 'Crazy In Love' out off the promo no one batted an eyelid - 2 weeks later it was the biggest record in the world and it was getting played 3-4 times a night.

Public Enemy hadnt had a single on daytime radio in the UK (or anywhere I'd guess) until Harder Than You Think got picked up for the Paralympics theme and was getting played on TV every 15 minutes - people started liking it and it charted. If anything gets enough exposure it'll find a wider audience that like it. It doesnt have to be some throwaway club track or whatever.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com