Loaded Lux ft/ Red and Meth - Rite (Video)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

Loaded Lux ft/ Red and Meth - Rite (Video)

Post by Magneto »

"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Jayou Ayen

Re: Loaded Lux ft/ Red and Meth - Rite (Video)

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Why is it that almost every technically skilled battle rapper thinks they have to dumb down their lyrics to some milquetoast lowest common denominator shit when they actually sit down to write a song?

Decent beat. Meth & Red ripped it.

Beatorious

Post by Beatorious »

Black Suit and Timberlands..

Thats the way it goes.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Got excited cause I thought this was Lexx 9eleven. It is not. This dude is awful.

money

Post by money »

not reppin uptown right at allImage

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:cheers: nice!
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Damn, this is a banger!!!! Need more of this.

Meth is on fire. He needs to do something.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

money wrote:not reppin uptown right at allImage
:fail: :fail: :fail:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

money wrote:not reppin uptown right at allImage
:bunk: :fail:
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Image

CHHHHYEAAAAH

BEST EAST COAST RAP SONG I HEARD IN LIKE 2 MONTHS maybe more

3 verses of fire over a bangin ass beat. Is that too much to ask for, Noo Yawk?! I hope not!

"i'm killin the mike like conrad murray" - Redman :liljon:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

^You seriously have some of the most bland tastes on this whole forum, which is weird considering how much of a character you are. You rant and rave about how New York doesn't make good shit anymore and then THIS qualifies as such!?!?!

That Lux verse is a throwaway homes. Beat bangs, but remains a '90s throwback. Like I said, Meth & Red ripped it but it ends there. This is not close to the best hip-hop coming out of New York in 2013.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

solid track. had low expectations but its definitely decent. lux isn't anything special but as most have said, good beat and red and meth both spit quality verses.

money

Post by money »

Versive wrote:^You seriously have some of the most bland tastes on this whole forum, which is weird considering how much of a character you are. You rant and rave about how New York doesn't make good shit anymore and then THIS qualifies as such!?!?!

That Lux verse is a throwaway homes. Beat bangs, but remains a '90s throwback. Like I said, Meth & Red ripped it but it ends there. This is not close to the best hip-hop coming out of New York in 2013.
:leon:

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

money wrote:
Versive wrote:^You seriously have some of the most bland tastes on this whole forum, which is weird considering how much of a character you are. You rant and rave about how New York doesn't make good shit anymore and then THIS qualifies as such!?!?!

:leon:

Yup. Song is good for what it is, hard beat and some good battle-ish raps but Mindbender stays wanting NY to just keep churning what would have been album filler on these artists 90's records.

That's fine, of course, to each their own. But I can't take the stuff you say about rap in NYC seriously as a result.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I think I'll just agree that the song is good; not mind-blowing....its just some shit you can enjoy.....it has replay value. And Lux is one of the few battle rappers that can make good music and battle his ass off.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Ha. I don't think my taste in music or rap is bland. I just like when PEOPLE REMAIN THEMSELVES.

This is the FIRST rap song in god knows how long where I heard 3 people rhyme and stay directly within their distinct personalities. They were not trying to "sound like Drake" or "sound like Jay-Z" or "sound like the South" or "ride the Molly trend" or "make the next trap rap/cloud rap mp3 sensation of the week". Lux is Lux, Red is Red, Meth is Meth. No extremely lazy lyrics, no embarrassing moments of lost focus, no obnoxious ignorance. JUST GOOD OL' RAP OVER A GOOD OL' BEAT. Considering how RARE you get that actually happening from anyone in New York City in 2013, I appreciate this.

I never said "this was the best out of New York", I said this is one of my favorites. The best song outta NYC this year (IN MY OPINION) might be 'Paul Baloff' by Ill Bill, and that was produced by a Canadian. :liljon:

Lux held it down as well as he needed to for me to respect him going up on a song with two legends. I never heard a Loaded Lux rap song before now, and from this, he's got my respect.
And that's my two cents, bruh :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

I've never heard a Lux song before either, but I've seen him in battles and he clearly has the ability to rap much better than this. If his idea of being himself is dumbing down his craft because he thinks he has to or for whatever reason, then I'll pass.