"How To Drake It In America"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

"How To Drake It In America"

Post by Employee »

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebri ... -july-2013
It begins at three in the afternoon—the pool party—about an hour after Drake wakes in his manse in the San Fernando Valley. Another brightly scrubbed California day, and Drake's crew—the guys from Toronto who live with him here—are downright joyous. It's been a stretch of hard work, and everyone's eager to blow it up a little. Suddenly, bikinied women seem to materialize from thin air, as if competing in a rap beauty pageant. Some are super chatty, some aloof; some are full-bodied, some as wispy as a tamarack. A number swan about as if in a museum or a music video, firing their iPhone cameras, while others take dramatic, slow-motion strolls by the pool, as if this all will soon be theirs.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: "How To Drake It In America"

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

first

as it should be

:ohcanada:

we need a Drake emoticon on the :phila: , fam

:ignore:

peace to my homie Aubrey
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Drake's crew—the guys from Toronto who live with him here—are downright joyous
:pause: :roper: :teehee: :nofancy: :omggay: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

DLG

Post by DLG »

:lol:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i mean, he cant be THAT mad, he wasn't with them shooting in the gym

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

^^^ Drake been shootin IN THE STREETS

:bunk: @ Rick Ross. Take that, take that :copy:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Employee wrote:
"i am media" :lol:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Drake gonna own summer. 'Nothing Was the Same' - September 17

already rapping a lot better than Kanye, we'll see what Jay comes with this summer cause that album needs to make hits to take out Drizzy, and Hov don't make hit records like he used ta

this Drake shit is fucking smart, as far as rapping/singing/beats/rhymes/vibes goes... these songs are gonna get BURN

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
already rapping a lot better than Kanye
:bunk:

kanye makes classics tho

step one

Post by step one »

already rapping a lot better than Kanye, we'll see what Jay comes with this summer cause that album needs to make hits to take out Drizzy, and Hov don't make hit records like he used ta
the whole shit is Special Olympics. Idiots will lose their shit over it regardless. People with taste and an interest in actual music will listen to something else.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Step, you're a fucking herb. You're like Jaz with no redeeming hilarity. Literally all of your posts are variations of you shitting on an artist you don't like and calling their fans dumb.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Escobar305 wrote:

kanye makes classics tho
yeah, but so does Drake.

in my city, in my life, and in my mind: Drake certainly has created some classic songs and moments.

looks like more are on the way. and 'Yeezus' is NOT fucking classic. NOTHING NEAR THAT. if Kanye puts out nothing else in 2013, dude jumped the shark for me. I'll be bumping Drake and Jay-Z and Nas and Wu-Tang and anything but Ye.

and step one, I have taste in music and I enjoy some of Drake's material. To write it all off is to be ignorant. There's a thought to take away from every piece of art in the universe, no matter how bad or good.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Drake already accomplished what Kanye was trying to do on 808's.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Req

Post by Req »

those new DRIZZY HOTCAKES >>>> Yeezus

:jcakes: :jcakes: :jcakes:
F.U. MOOLAH

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

if you read the whole article does it turn you ghey?

who writes shit like that? :teehee:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Escobar305 wrote:

kanye makes classics tho
yeah, but so does Drake.

in my city, in my life, and in my mind: Drake certainly has created some classic songs and moments.

looks like more are on the way. and 'Yeezus' is NOT fucking classic. NOTHING NEAR THAT. if Kanye puts out nothing else in 2013, dude jumped the shark for me.
Lol keep tryna convince ur self that by proclaiming it in every thread. Just enjoy the music.

Yeezus >>>>>>>>

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Drake already accomplished what Kanye was trying to do on 808's.
:cheers:

and you know thissss, maaaan

Aubrey did the whole pseudo-singer over synthy beats way better than Kanye.

and Drake doesn't use so much fucking AUTO TUNE so he also gets more props for that
Escobar305 wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

kanye makes classics tho
yeah, but so does Drake.

looks like more are on the way. and 'Yeezus' is NOT fucking classic. NOTHING NEAR THAT. if Kanye puts out nothing else in 2013, dude jumped the shark for me.
Lol keep tryna convince ur self that by proclaiming it in every thread. Just enjoy the music.

Yeezus >>>>>>>>
The difference between me and you is that I KNOW when my preferences are pronounced to the point of making me see reality with a bias :rofl:

you actually think you are possibly logical when you write your absolute madness. and i think it's adorable. :ironmike:

Drakemania is about to fucking mop the floor with Kanye's blown out ego. Watch.
Jay-Z is about to also get a lesson in who's who in modern rap. Jigga can broker big pimpin business (spending G's) but his music? Doubt it's the cutting edge of the culture like the youth think Drizzy's is

A milli the first week is still possible for Aubrey. Kanye just tapped out at 400,000.
If Drake's new album does better than Jay-Z's does... that will REALLY be the :omar:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Escobar305 wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

kanye makes classics tho
yeah, but so does Drake.

Yeezus >>>>>>>>
The difference between me and you is that I KNOW when my preferences are pronounced to the point of making me see reality with a bias :rofl:

you actually think you are possibly logical when you write your absolute madness. and i think it's adorable. :ironmike:

Drakemania is about to fucking mop the floor with Kanye's blown out ego. Watch.

Jay-Z is about to also get a lesson in who's who in modern rap. Jigga can broker big pimpin business (spending G's) but his music? Doubt it's the cutting edge of the culture like the youth think Drizzy's is

A milli the first week is still possible for Aubrey. Kanye just tapped out at 400,000.

If Drake's new album does better than Jay-Z's does... that will REALLY be the :omar:
still trying to compare album sales huh. :bunk:

kanye did everything drake did............ and then did it twice

fallback brotha, the people already spoke on yeezus. ye did it again :cheers:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

:bunk: I am a Kanye fan, bruh! fuck outta here with that either/or shit :rofl:

I love Kanye but don't love what he did on Yeezus.
only white hipster critics who want to look cool are rating that album great. Fuck Pitchfork praise
I ain't just rating only album sales, but they count on that level.
I prefer the music Drake is making over Kanye lately. "5 AM in Toronto" >>>>>>> every verse Kanye dropped in 2013

I am a God that could teach Kanye that being God is more than demanding croissants in a restaurant with a menage :bunk: x infinity

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Escobar305 wrote:
fallback brotha, the people already spoke on yeezus. ye did it again
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-p ... 47045.html
Spin's Julianne Escobedo Shepherd is similarly enthusiastic about the sonics. "Production first: I have been waiting to see who's gonna bring back IDM (intelligent dance music), that maligned and ill-christened style of clicks-and-clacks that overtook Aphex Twin-sweating producers in the early 2000s. Time is ripe for a response to the corporatization of 'EDM,' but who the hell ever expected Kanye would be the one to do it?"
Esco's peoples.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote::bunk: I am a Kanye fan, bruh! fuck outta here with that either/or shit :rofl:

I love Kanye but don't love what he did on Yeezus.
only white hipster critics who want to look cool are rating that album great. Fuck Pitchfork praise
I ain't just rating only album sales, but they count on that level.
I prefer the music Drake is making over Kanye lately. "5 AM in Toronto" >>>>>>> every verse Kanye dropped in 2013

I am a God that could teach Kanye that being God is more than demanding croissants in a restaurant with a menage :bunk: x infinity

lets stop talkin about verses, lets talk about albums bruh. how many classics did drake create?

:rofl:

clean that radio out of your ear

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Drake is on his third album and has done pretty darn good creating a legacy of his own

'Take Care' isn't 'Late Registration', but was historic in its own way

Kanye West put out 'Graduation' on his third album
I prefer that album to 'Yeezus'

I think Drake's first album is pretty fucking classic. It is in my world for sure. I don't care if your peoples don't care about it, but if you live in NYC then I know half your city slobbers over all things Drizzy :rofl:

'Thank Me Later' is a Canadian hip hop classic so we'll see what happens come September

fuck albums and verses, I like Drake as a person more than I like Kanye these days. PEACE

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

no way in hell will drake sell a million records first week

binary

Post by binary »

Escobar305 wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

kanye makes classics tho
yeah, but so does Drake.

Yeezus >>>>>>>>

yeezus???? lol, fail

Yeezus is pure trash. I could give a shit about Step One but he's right, this shit isn't about music anymore. Most of you turds are just rooting for an artist that you have a buttfucking allegiance with. FYI, you aren't a "team member", just a nutjuggler. All of these fucks make variations of the same bullshit, I happen to think Drake does it a lot better than most though, his shit is somewhat memorable and much more fun.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

pfffffff, Drake can make having sex with a woman sound gay.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ackbar wrote:no way in hell will drake sell a million records first week

he's trying. if anyone has a chance, it's him. more than anyone else on the planet, i'd think. Him or Bieber.

I mean, white people just made that mediocre, middling R&B rehash bullshit Justin Timberlake just put out do 950,000 in its first week or whatever. God it must be nice to be a white pop tart mainstream darling in 2013. You can leave for almost a decade, and when you come back, white folks will buy truckloads of your shit with open arms. Macklemore is set for life! :rofl:

Drake will go gold the first week, easily. If he has the right type of songs playing, and some surprise guest appearances or something that makes his hype stock skyrocket this summer, then he might be able to do those first week Jay-Z/Samsung numbers the old school way: one sale at a time :lol:

Lil Wayne, Kanye, T.I., and Jay-Z don't do those huge first week sales anymore... and we shall see if Eminem-mania still exists the way it used to, when the 'Marshall Mathers' album came out. But Eminem's white, thus white people will faithfully go to the record store and purchase a copy of Em's album in the first week, so whatevs. Marsh Math won't suffer the fate of T.I. or Weezy F.

rap is out of control

holy fuck has the internet destroyed the music industry as we knew it. :owens: :arrow:
binary wrote:
yeezus???? lol, fail

Yeezus is pure trash. I could give a shit about Step One but he's right, this shit isn't about music anymore. Most of you turds are just rooting for an artist that you have a buttfucking allegiance with. FYI, you aren't a "team member", just a nutjuggler. All of these fucks make variations of the same bullshit, I happen to think Drake does it a lot better than most though, his shit is somewhat memorable and much more fun.
MAD CO-SIGN STEEZES POPPIN' HURR :cheers:

peace to binary for telling the brutal, beautiful truth.
this shit is NOT about music anymore, it's about which punk motherfuckers can accumulate the most pliant drone mobs to obey all your idiocy without resistance or hesitation

few people do this shit for the art of rhyme, culture, family, or creativity anymore. it's pure commerce. they'll do anything in their music to make money (which these days mostly includes sounding like Drake) :bunk:

"I was a fan, i used to LOVE this shit/ now y'all getting away with murder like the glove don't fit" - Yaowa!