"How To Drake It In America"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: "How To Drake It In America"

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

step one wrote:sorry to intrude on your "my panties are pinker than yours" argument but the only reason Jay Z's songs have been sub-par in recent years is because he hasnt needed to make the effort.
If he really went at Drake flat out on some no holds barred Super Ugly/Takeover/Brooklyn High shit, the only outcome is that Drake would be left crying in a puddle of his own piss.

He's still got it in him. Same as I'm sure LL could still step up if he had to.
oh, by all means: intrude, schmuck! your hatred offering is requested. and:

:rofl: x :larry:

Jay-Z didn't evolve far enough. He's relatively clever still and once in a while writes quotable stuff, like in that 'Open Letter' song... but he hasn't DELIVERED a STUNNING VERSE in fucking ages.

fuck that "if they had to" shit. THEY DO HAVE TO. what, it's "good" that LL just dropped a fucking hot steaming pile of 'Authentic' bullshit earlier this year, and it's cool cause "he didn't ~have to~ try"? :naswtf: But if he DOES have to REALLY TRY sometime, then we can sit back and :smugkid: with our dicks up our own asses because we already knew "he could still step up if he had to"??? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT APOLOGIST BULLSHIT. WACK IS WACK and WEAK IS WEAK. "MCHG" is weak.

Yeah, Jay-Z is half way to being a billionaire. He NEVER has to record ONE rap verse for the rest of his natural born life, and he'll be fine. Yes, this is unwavering truth. But Shawn Carter is the EMBODIMENT of a legend that is "resting on his laurels", and Drake is about to fucking snatch them shits QUICK like YOINK

as far as RAPPING RAPPING goes... Aubrey will fucking obliterate Hova. Jigga can't even really do his triple-time 'Jigga What, Jigga Who' shit as tight as he used to. I saw him a few months ago on the Justin/Jay-Z and he's gracefully bowing out, there is little question about that.

y'all keep pretending Drake can't kill fuckers. the time is coming where he writes THE DIS record. and then its :copy: to you and :rofl: for me
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

None of these A list dudes have to try as far as actual traditional rap skills go. People buy it regardless.
I dont really listen to any of em anymore so I dont give a fuck.

My point was that if it came down to it and Jay had to come with a serious dis track he would absoloutely annihilate ya boy. Fuck what he's done recently. If you honestly think that - in an admittedly completely hypothetical situation where both write to their best ability - Jay Z couldnt write a couple of battle verses that were more savage than what Drake had to offer you're on Canadian crack.

Jay has gone up against Nas, The Lox, 50, Cam and Mobb Deep plus a good few others. You truly, really, honestly think some faggot in a knitted sweater with a nice hook game is gonna trouble him if he gets mad?

(also, that LL joint with Joe 'Take It' is kinda dope)
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Req

Post by Req »

Drake already destroyed Jay with one bar - "you niggas gettin older/ I see no threat in Yoda"

:copy:

Jay don't wanna get the Common treatment. Took his girl, took his manhood and handed him an L.

Drake could prolly fuck Beyonce if he wanted.
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

I forgot you 2 are incapable of acknowledging the fact that Drake isnt the greatest rapper of all time.

As you were.

**gets ass out of this faggot thread**

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote:Jay has gone up against Nas, The Lox, 50, Cam plus a good few others.
and lost against all :rofl:

he did beat that dude from Harlem World though. So there's, y'know, that.

meanwhile Drizzy out here destroyin Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar and Common. :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :bow:
F.U. MOOLAH

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:I forgot you 2 are incapable of acknowledging the fact that Drake isnt the greatest rapper of all time.

As you were.

:roll: look at this weak-minded child resorting to putting words in our mouths to try and assemble some kind of pseudo-argument :wtf:

nobody said shit even CLOSE to that. Drake isn't the greatest rapper of all time and you know I've never once even written anything closely resembling that thought. I'm incapable of ignoring his unprecedented accomplishments, though. Are you able to NOT ignore the obvious truth, though? That regardless of OPINION, Drake is THE #1 most successful artist of the last 5 years?

you said you don't even listen to them anymore, so how in the fuck can your opinion even stand on two legs in this conversation? :naswtf: I mean, you can TRY to look like you know what you're talking about, and I'll even refrain from sonning your ignorance TOO HARD, but... if you heard anything from Jay-Z in 2013, you'll hear a living legend using about 60-65% of his past potential, at best.

and yes. the only person Jay-Z definitely destroyed was Prodigy.

as if Drake is all hooks. you delusional HateStans love to alter reality so very drastically.

and you're honestly still talking about LL Cool J like he's a factor in modern music? Yo, I've loved James Todd since 1985. But to think he's making music that means something progressive in 2013? :rofl: :rofl: bwahahahaha

oh, I will give you the consolation prize of acknowledging Jay-Z rapped circles and figure 8's around Rick Ross's vapid content talking, studio gangsta ass on that 'The Devil is a Lie' song. That is all.

Drake >>>>>>>>>> Jay-Z
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Listen to "Comeback Season" the mixtape before "so far gone" where Drake has songs with Elzhi and Little brother and shit. He was a rappity rapper before he started singing a lot. He wasn't much different than most of the Toronto area dudes that love Dilla shit.

He's completely capable of blacking out on some emcee/battle shit.

All else fails he could hire Dizaster ;]
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

I just wanna point out how ironic it is that Mindbender and I are the biggest Drake fans here.

It's a bizzaro world where company flow is the new pop sensation.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

iCONtheMicKing wrote:I just wanna point out how ironic it is that Mindbender and I are the biggest Drake fans here.

It's a bizzaro world where company flow is the new pop sensation.
...with Hot 97 radio rotation.

I listen to more Drake than any underground rappity rap rap rapper. I barely listen to rap anymore. I listen to the future of music.

Drake is a big part of the future of music.

peace to iCON!

:cheers:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one

Post by step one »

Good job on completely (intentionally?) ignoring every point I made in my post MB.

To break it down and make it clearer, I said that Jay Z at the top of his game would end Drake. Thats it. I dont need to listen to Jay now to know that.
Obviously he couldnt end his career because he can always sell MP3s of himself jacking off to you and Req who would no doubt claim it was the hottest shit out.

If you still listen to Jay Z's stuff whilst complaining he's not as good as he used to be just so you can talk about it online then good for you. Must be nice to have enough spare time to listen to music you dont actually like. Personally I couldnt give a fuck who the biggest artist of the last 5 years is because my taste isnt influenced by what other people like.

As for my comment about LL, a rapper can still drop a good song or 2 when they're past their prime. Just because it isnt discussed endlessly on the internet and isnt considered "relevant" by faggots that debate and analyse Kanye's every waking breath, it doesnt cease to exist.
That LL/Joe track was cool on some smooth throwback shit. Nothing groundbreaking but nice to hear a rap/R&B collab without autotune, super tinny high hats or whiney as fuck synths.

(if it wasnt a quiet morning in the office I wouldnt have bothered with this shit as I know full well you'll read it, ignore everything, shout out "HATER" at the screen and go off on a rant about how great Drake is. Again.)

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote: To break it down and make it clearer, I said that Jay Z at the top of his game would end Drake. Thats it.
so basically you're saying arguably the best rapper of all time at his indomitable peak (99-02) could defeat a post-2008 rapper?

That's it? That's your big point?

what a completely insipid, irrelevant and vapid thing to say :lol:

'HEY GUYZ, SILVER SURFER IS CRAP AND APOCALYPSE CIRCA 'RISE OF APOCALYPSE' WOULD TOTALLY DESTROY HIM'

rapidly straying into DJ Wicked from da Bay territory, my friend.
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

Not exactly, Im saying if Jay Z got pissed off enough and put the effort in now, he'd come with it. Obviously I'm basing that on what he's come with in the past. People thought LL was done until Canibus got him mad. Nas was in a similar situation before he dropped Ether.

If you think Drake saying "lol you're old and stuff" is enough "destroy" Jay then there's no point discussing it further.

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote:People thought LL was done until Canibus got him mad.
and so he got mad and dropped one of the worst diss tracks of all time? :lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

the initial verse on '4321' wasnt wack at all, The Ripper Strikes Back wasnt great but Rasta Imposter was pretty dope.

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote:the initial verse on '4321' wasnt wack at all, The Ripper Strikes Back wasnt great but Rasta Imposter was pretty dope.
LL's Canibus records are the perfect example of why you shouldn't adjust your style to mimic your opponent's in a battle.

"Pain and agony, I don't touch them zones
Fucking everlasting lyrical methods is my throne"

"Maneuver manipulate brainwaves transform
Your thought process, when my pen gets erect"

:lol: embarrassing

He only got back on when he went back to his Linden Blvd 89 shit on Rasta Imposta, which is a Wyclef diss for the most part.

Which brings up the question: what makes you think Jay wouldn't do the same in your X-Men v Batman & Robin scenario? MCHG was him mimicking modern styles (and failing miserably). I could see Jay getting into a beef with Drake and deciding that sounding like Kendrick or Rick Ross is the best course of action. This is the same guy who sharked Young Chris for half an album.
F.U. MOOLAH

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:Good job on completely (intentionally?) ignoring every point I made in my post MB.

To break it down and make it clearer, I said that Jay Z at the top of his game would end Drake. Thats it. I dont need to listen to Jay now to know that.
Obviously he couldnt end his career because he can always sell MP3s of himself jacking off to you and Req who would no doubt claim it was the hottest shit out.

If you still listen to Jay Z's stuff whilst complaining he's not as good as he used to be just so you can talk about it online then good for you. Must be nice to have enough spare time to listen to music you dont actually like. Personally I couldnt give a fuck who the biggest artist of the last 5 years is because my taste isnt influenced by what other people like.

As for my comment about LL, a rapper can still drop a good song or 2 when they're past their prime. Just because it isnt discussed endlessly on the internet and isnt considered "relevant" by faggots that debate and analyse Kanye's every waking breath, it doesnt cease to exist.
That LL/Joe track was cool on some smooth throwback shit. Nothing groundbreaking but nice to hear a rap/R&B collab without autotune, super tinny high hats or whiney as fuck synths.

(if it wasnt a quiet morning in the office I wouldnt have bothered with this shit as I know full well you'll read it, ignore everything, shout out "HATER" at the screen and go off on a rant about how great Drake is. Again.)
stepchild, you bloody well know that YOU'RE the petulant brat unable to sustain a mature conversation without throwing in bitter crusty hate and flippant dismissal, whatchu talmbout, idjit :rofl:

Jay-Z in his prime could have taken out Drake? that's more of a reasonable argument, but I still have doubt. (see what i did there)
honestly though, it's not a guarantee. Drake held his own against Common, and Common is no rap slouch ('The Bitch In Yoo' murking Ice Cube), even if HE'S still not in his prime. Common was all up in his feelings and wanted to try to ride a Hate Drake campaign into a comeback season for him on his last album, and he failed miserably. Drake snuffed him out with one verse.

I DON'T listen to Jay-Z anymore. I listened to the majority of MCHG, and only played 'Heaven' multiple times, plus 'Oceans'. Most of that shit was mad fucking disappointing and hollow. I DO stay aware of what is happening in the fucking music culture I am a part of, and don't consider myself above and elite to the masses. Even if I fucking hate the majority of what I hear today, LOL! I still know what time it is.

I don't care about your LL Cool J fanboyism. Yeah, I agree with you: anyone can make a decent song. I still don't think LL knows what the fuck is going on in hip hop, and wouldn't even know where to begin to connect to today's audience, or even HIS OWN FANS TODAY. But this isn't an LL Cool J thread, so I repeat: fuck your LL Cool J fanboyism! Because you said
the initial verse on '4321' wasnt wack at all
and if you're one of THOSE guys, then I :rofl: in your silly face and :lol: that your hero got :copy: ed by Canibus on his own song.

'The Ripper Strikes Back' is fucking embarrassing, but 'Rasta Imposta' is solid.

the point is: Jay-Z at the top of his game vs. Drake at the top of his game is totally an imaginary player scenario.

Drake is 27, Jay-Z is 44. What era of Jay-Z would you say is the "top of his game"? 'Blueprint' Jay? (I'd say this is the best incarnation of Shawn, the 'Takeover' era.). 'Vol. 1' Jay? Or the 'why you dissing MC Hammer?' days of Jay? :lol:

crazy/funny thing is: we don't even know if Drake is at the top of his game yet :face:

regardless of if Jay would edge out Drake on some Hot97 'Ether vs. Superugly' vote shit, the smart money is all on Drake from this point forward. thank you and good night.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Req you did your cause no well by for quoting whats basically LLs 85 style exactly

Req

Post by Req »

Larry2times wrote:Req you did your cause no well by for quoting whats basically LLs 85 style exactly
My radio, believe me, I like it loud
I'm the man with a box that can rock the crowd
Maneuver manipulate brainwaves transform
Your thought process, when my pen gets erect
:rofl:
F.U. MOOLAH

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

theres a limit on how much I wanna contribute to the drake thread, gonna take this lick.

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
that your hero got :copy: ed by Canibus on his own song.

well no because the Canibus line wasnt an intentional dis. Like most rap beef it started off the back of something being misinterpreted.

Also, I'm not an "LL fanboy" (I said I liked one song I heard off that last album) but you throwing that around like its an insult is pretty fucking rich given your infatuation with Drake :lol:

As usual you're just picking up on certain things I write and twisting them out of context, either failing to acknowledge the point I'm making or just ignoring it altogether.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

step one wrote:I forgot you 2 are incapable of acknowledging the fact that Drake isnt the greatest rapper of all time.

As you were.

Five posts later.... :fail:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

step one

Post by step one »

seriously Fat Boy, shut the fuck up and listen to what everyone says every time you post.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

step one wrote:seriously Fat Boy, shut the fuck up and listen to what everyone says every time you post.
You have 46 posts in this thread, that's good for almost 10% of of the thread. :fail:

You need to reevaluate your priorities

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

zombie

Post by zombie »

the only song i like form drake is that just hold one we're going home song, because it reminds me of making out with my girl

step one

Post by step one »

Hayzoos wrote:
step one wrote:seriously Fat Boy, shut the fuck up and listen to what everyone says every time you post.
You have 46 posts in this thread, that's good for almost 10% of of the thread. :fail:

You need to reevaluate your priorities
Says the dude thats just counted up my posts, has no regular contact with women and continues to post on a forum where everyone thinks he's entirely worthless.
There isnt a single person on this planet that would benefit from taking advice from you.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Nas featuring Scarface: "Favor for a Favor" comes to mind :rofl:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Req wrote:Drake already destroyed Jay with one bar - "you niggas gettin older/ I see no threat in Yoda"

:copy:

Jay don't wanna get the Common treatment. Took his girl, took his manhood and handed him an L.

Drake could prolly fuck Beyonce if he wanted.
"niggas couldn't fuck with my daughters room">>>>>>>>>