new 2014 Eminem - Shady XV & then sum

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

hellriser

Re: new Eminem - Survival & Berzerk

Post by hellriser »

typical emiinem album with few good songs , few terrible and the rest is forgetable..... better than recovery , but nowhere near mmlp sslp tes and even encore

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

This tape easily proves he's struggling with his love of the sport.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

ardamus wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:
ardamus wrote:Over the course of his albums he's done past MMLP, I want to pick a song or two from each album and compile the perfect album from him. Not even sure if it'd be interesting see what songs worked for him production wise and what didn't.
You can't assemble a "perfect" eminem album from post 2001 era material. There would barely be enough good tracks to cover an album, and even then neither one would approach SSEP, SSLP or MMLP.
Not perfect, muthafucka, so don't even quote me on saying that. We won't get that. I SAID songs here there from a project or two he's done past then. Fuck it, even if its 5 tracks, I don't care. Just saying he always has one or two on an album where he really goes in.
You said "perfect" bro. anyhoo..

1. Hello
2. Encore/Curtains Down (feat. 50 Cent & Dr. Dre)
3. On Fire
4. Bagpipes From Baghdad
5. Ass Like That
6. Seduction
7. Yellow Brick Road
8. Spend Some Time (feat. 50 Cent & Obie Trice)
9. Crack A Bottle (feat. 50 Cent & Dr. Dre)
10. Topless (feat. Nas)

Itunes Bonus: 11. Legacy

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:
ardamus wrote:Over the course of his albums he's done past MMLP, I want to pick a song or two from each album and compile the perfect album from him. Not even sure if it'd be interesting see what songs worked for him production wise and what didn't.
You can't assemble a "perfect" eminem album from post 2001 era material. There would barely be enough good tracks to cover an album, and even then neither one would approach SSEP, SSLP or MMLP.
Not perfect, muthafucka, so don't even quote me on saying that. We won't get that. I SAID songs here there from a project or two he's done past then. Fuck it, even if its 5 tracks, I don't care. Just saying he always has one or two on an album where he really goes in.

1. Hello
3. On Fire
4. Bagpipes From Baghdad
5. Ass Like That
6. Seduction
7. Yellow Brick Road
10. Topless (feat. Nas)

Well, there we go. :cheers:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:When does he no longer get mentioned as one of the GOAT or receive the all this respect from hip-hop pioneers? After a decade + of duds doesn't that tarnish his career and kick him back a few notches. Imagine if Floyd Mayweather lost his next 10 fights. That is what happened to Em.
The fact that he DOES NOT speak for this generation of hip hop listeners is one thing that I :bunk: Eminem for now.

The fact that he talks a LOT of childish, irresponsible and ignorant shit is also another reason why he's not so :bow: worthy anymore

And the fact that he is pretty much incapable of making a NORMAL SONG that can be listened to without the pretense of a reckless child, apologist shame, or ironic hipster douchefuckory smugness, is another reason why Marshall Mathers is not so good for hip hop in 2013.

The fact that he didn't say ONE thing about the fucking atrocious and historic economic devastation of Detroit, his fucking homecity where he established his entire existential foundation, is the most telling detail about how fucking FAR REMOVED Eminem is from the ESSENCE of hip hop culture. How the fuck does your city go bankrupt, and you don't say a fucking thing about it if you're the most successful rapper to EVER come out of that city? Even Drake gave TWO shoutouts to some victims of a shootout at a Scarborough barbeque last summer. Eminem doens't ONCE acknowledge the reality of Detroit, America or damn near even hip hop itself.

Hip hop is for all of us to connect to each other, learn with each other, grow with each other and teach each other.

Eminem doesn't reflect NONE of that shit anymore. I don't give a fuck if he can put words together creatively. Lots of people can do that, and lots of people can actually put words together in ways that Eminem can't, and never has before.

But he's on Interscope, he's a modern celebrity, and he's a rich white male American. The world is in his hands... even if his hands are covered in SHIT.

:shittylikesometp:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

1. Hello
3. On Fire
4. Bagpipes From Baghdad
5. Ass Like That
6. Seduction
7. Yellow Brick Road
10. Topless (feat. Nas)

I wouldnt include some of those. But I'd add:

My Name (feat. Xzibit & Nate Dogg)
Go To Sleep (feat. DMX & Obie Trice)
Underground
Till I Collaps (feat. Nate Dogg)
Shit Hits The Fan (feat. Dr. Dre & Obie Trice)
We All Die One Day (feat. Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent & Obie Trice)
Chemical Warfare

If we are talking good stuff post 2001.

I haven't listened to any of his albums past MMLP. I was a big fan back then and was really disappointed to hear The Eminem Show with all the funny voices, shitty beats and lack of agression.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Em's verse on this Obie Trice track is one of his more humorous misogynist raps.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Kony Montana wrote:Holy fuck, this album is terrible. Can we start a forum pool to buy the house on the cover and burn it down?
Buy it? That house is in Detroit.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Kace wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:Holy fuck, this album is terrible. Can we start a forum pool to buy the house on the cover and burn it down?

You know folks are still buying up property there and waiting for it to turn around, right?

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

1. Hello
3. On Fire
4. Bagpipes From Baghdad
5. Ass Like That
6. Seduction
7. Yellow Brick Road
10. Topless (feat. Nas)

I wouldnt include some of those. But I'd add:

My Name (feat. Xzibit & Nate Dogg)
Go To Sleep (feat. DMX & Obie Trice)
Underground
Till I Collaps (feat. Nate Dogg)
Shit Hits The Fan (feat. Dr. Dre & Obie Trice)
We All Die One Day (feat. Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent & Obie Trice)
Chemical Warfare

If we are talking good stuff post 2001.

I haven't listened to any of his albums past MMLP. I was a big fan back then and was really disappointed to hear The Eminem Show with all the funny voices, shitty beats and lack of agression.
My list is everything post-'03. Eminem Show is pretty great. I listen to more records off it than SSLP.

He didn't really jump shark until the 8 Mile Soundtrack, although there are some good songs on there too.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

8 Mile soundtrack probably had his best production. Shame because I hoped it would pick more after that project.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

8 mile soundtrack had 3 eminem joints & they're all ill. i agree with gyangsta about the eminem show too, only major flaw with it is too much self production.

i'm in no hurry to listen to this album. then again i couldn't make it through fagna carta either. these guys really need to join a shuffleboard club.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

coould MMLP2 be better if all the cheesy singing hooks were removed, even the first track has one and that track out of all of them really does not need a singing chorus, its like they threw that shit in, every track, just because

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

evil twin , brainless >>>>>>>>

Kace

Post by Kace »

ardamus wrote:
Kace wrote:

You know folks are still buying up property there and waiting for it to turn around, right?
I bet it's hardly worth a cent now so no one will mind if they burn it down. Hell, people like Eminem were burning houses like that for fun even before the crisis, it's a tradition there.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Kace wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Kace wrote:

I bet it's hardly worth a cent now so no one will mind if they burn it down. Hell, people like Eminem were burning houses like that for fun even before the crisis, it's a tradition there.
We'll save that for another topic. But its true, people are buying up shit there and sitting on it.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Foreign, mostly Chinese, investors are the only people buying real estate in Detroit

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OON-tX3HIcs#t=51r - dont front bonus track from call of duty game

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

blastmaster wrote:Foreign, mostly Chinese, investors are the only people buying real estate in Detroit
Probably so. That house is up for sale but i think only michigan residents can buy it. People who have lots on that street already think Eminem
should buy it (he doesn't own the house, it's been through many names over the years) and donate it to someone in need.
I guess Em isn't interested. He's definitely got the paper to do it.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130918/N ... se-Detroit

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I'm not even sure Eminem said the word 'Detroit' on the new album. :bunk:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Refuse to believe people actually checked for this
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

ardamus wrote:
Kace wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Kace wrote:

We'll save that for another topic. But its true, people are buying up shit there and sitting on it.
The actual house in question didn't sell at auction for a minimum bid of 1$ about a month before the cover came out. Good point on just burning it down though. Good old fashioned arson works fine, though owning it and destroying it to protest this album would be fun too
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I'm not even sure Eminem said the word 'Detroit' on the new album. :bunk:
he mention it in so far copule times

Ok-Tho.Com

Post by Ok-Tho.Com »

Dope

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

this is some thread
moved by duck muscles

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i watched his SNL performance. full of lip syncing and fake instrument playing.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Kinda sad to see how far he's fallen, but regardless of how he handled shit in the past, this was going to happen. No one is on top indefinitely.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

rap god performed at the youtube awards. he actually raps.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

lol at eminems hypeman
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Kony Montana wrote:lol at eminems hypeman

Thats Rick Rubin! Show some respect for the architects, huh?

PEACE