Lord Steppington (ALC + Evidence) Album + tracklist

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Lord Steppington (ALC + Evidence) Album + tracklist

Post by Philaflava »

Scott Caan returns to rap!
Today, Rhymesayers Entertainment leaked the track-listing and cover art for Lord Steppington, the debut album from Step Brothers (Alchemist & Evidence). In addition, XXLmag premiered "Ron Carter", a free, downloadable track, which will not be featured on the album (http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/10/prem ... rack-list/).

Link to Step Brothers “Ron Carter”: http://bit.ly/ron_carter

“The beat kinda reminded me of "We Are The World" -especially the drums. If you listen to 2:12 of "We Are The World," you will hear what I'm talking about. The rap style was inspired by a group called Big Fortune that recorded a classic album in 1987, but unfortunately had to disband due to Lenny, the bands lead DJ. Lenny became self destructive and ruined everything. David Letterman's dressing room was the last straw, in 1989, when Chico punched Lenny and sent him into a coma. He died weeks later and Chico was sentenced to 25 to life, for involuntary manslaughter. Still a classic to us, though. Step Brothers pays homage to Lenny, Chico, & all of the Big Fortune team.”---Evidence

Lord Steppington is entirely produced by Alchemist & Evidence and includes guest appearances From Action Bronson, Roc Marciano, Blu, Fashawn, Rakaa Iriscience, Oh No, Styles P, Domo Genesis & The Whooliganz.

Lord Steppington, which was initially slated to be released next month, will now be released on 1-21-14 due to manufacturing issues.

Look out for the official single, video and album pre-order, available 11.19.13.
Tracklisting and Credits for Step Brothers Lord Steppington:

1.) “More Wins”

2.) “Dr. Kimble”

3.) “Byron G” f/ Domo Genesis & The Whooliganz (produced by Evidence)

4.) “Legendary Mesh”

5.) “No Hesitation” f/ Styles P

6.) “Swimteam Rastas”

7.) “Mums In The Garage” f/ Action Bronson

8.) “See The Rich Man Play” f/ Roc Marciano

9.) “Banging Sound” f/ Fashawn

10.) “Step Masters”

11.) “Tomorrow” f/ Rakka Iriscience & Blu

12.) “Draw Something” f/ Oh No

13.) “Buzzing Away”

14.) “Just Step”

***All Tracks Produced By Alchemist unless otherwise noted

samdoom

Re: Lord Steppington (ALC + Evidence) Album + tracklist

Post by samdoom »

sucks they pushed this back to january but the album should be dope

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

is ALC rapping on this?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

They both are.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

well, his current streak had to stumble at some point
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

weak. i actually like evidence sometimes but alchemist.... not so much. still, will listen

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

i heard this album. a few times already.
makes me wanna dance around your apartment when you are asleep.
it's as good as thriller.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

This "Ron Carter" is insane yo. :ohsh:

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Listened to the first single and uh yeah........Probly Need the instrumentals like yesterday....can't listen to these dudes rap........at......all

Straight vanity project. and not a good one :larry:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Busta Ry wrote:This "Ron Carter" is insane yo. :ohsh:

Alc's flow, lyrics, and whole overall steez on here is as good a Roc Marc impression as anyone could do. Wouldn't mind a whole album of that at all.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Yeah, bring on the instros. Not trying to hear a whole album of these two rapping.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

I really never understand the Evidence detractors. To me, he's a new(er) school Guru with slightly tighter rhyme schemes and a slightly less affecting voice. That said, he's left his mark on hip hop and his solo lp's are fantistic IMO. The Dilated shit is pretty good too.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

​Evidence is a great producer and a good rapper. For me, he is somebody I enjoy in spurts, which isn't a bad thing IMO. He has this mature slow soft affected thing with his voice now, where as it wasn't always the case (think early ABB days). Subject matter is sometimes an issue for me. Like I know he LOVES Cali, weed and photography but I don't know much about him. ​I don't necessarily get the Guru comparison because I could never get tired of listening to Guru and with Preem he never once bored me after awhile.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

The Gangrene albums turned me around on ALC's rhyming. He sounds decent when he's sharing mic duties. I'm definitely looking forward to this.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Ya I agree with the Gangrene shit. I was listening to the EP and LP back-to-back at the gym a couple of days ago - shit bangs.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Philaflava wrote:​Evidence is a great producer and a good rapper. For me, he is somebody I enjoy in spurts, which isn't a bad thing IMO. He has this mature slow soft affected thing with his voice now, where as it wasn't always the case (think early ABB days). Subject matter is sometimes an issue for me. Like I know he LOVES Cali, weed and photography but I don't know much about him. ​I don't necessarily get the Guru comparison because I could never get tired of listening to Guru and with Preem he never once bored me after awhile.
Hmm, I guess that Dilated sort of picked up where Gangstarrr left off for me. Maybe they haven't reached the level of a Guru and Preemo combo, but you can't deny the influence. So, when I listen to Evidence I hear echoes of Guru from time to time.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Busta Ry wrote:
Philaflava wrote:​Evidence is a great producer and a good rapper. For me, he is somebody I enjoy in spurts, which isn't a bad thing IMO. He has this mature slow soft affected thing with his voice now, where as it wasn't always the case (think early ABB days). Subject matter is sometimes an issue for me. Like I know he LOVES Cali, weed and photography but I don't know much about him. ​I don't necessarily get the Guru comparison because I could never get tired of listening to Guru and with Preem he never once bored me after awhile.
Hmm, I guess that Dilated sort of picked up where Gangstarrr left off for me. Maybe they haven't reached the level of a Guru and Preemo combo, but you can't deny the influence. So, when I listen to Evidence I hear echoes of Guru from time to time.
I think GS influenced just about everyone but I don't know if Dilated picked up where they left off. That's a bit of a stretch. Ev has always been line a witty battle rapper to me. Sorry, I just don't see the comparisons to Gang Starr.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

GURU was mostly a battle rapper too

PEACE

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I think with Ev is that he always had the natural voice and flow. Lyrically, he got real solid and improved more. I think that's why he and Rakka made a good team because they complimented each other in areas where one wasn't the strongest. I don't get the GURU comparison either especially when GURU sounded sometimes like he was losing his voice (it worked for him). Ev just sounds crazy deep voiced.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

The ILLatino wrote:The Gangrene albums turned me around on ALC's rhyming. He sounds decent when he's sharing mic duties. I'm definitely looking forward to this.
I think ALC, you could tell he was working on his rhyming like he was with his production. Bit by bit, he was trying shit out and I think around when Gangrene dropped, he found a good medium with his rapping so far. Probably helps that Oh No was working with him and he got to build off his energy.

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

This leaked... beats are fucking dope. Regardless of what you think of the MCs, this is definitely worth checking out.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

album is good..... nothing special.... i expect more experimental sound... but it have good songs on it

Dap

Post by Dap »

i can think of MANY rappers worse than ALC so i'll check this out

Versive

Post by Versive »

I checked the Action Bronson single last night, sounded cool, going to listen to the album today. Evidence has been growing on me of late, pause. Makes me think I should revisit his solo albums, which I remember dismissing despite the attention they garnered round here.

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Just gave this a listen. Love it, but I'm an Evidence fan. And in the context of a duo, Alchemist is tolerable, even, not bad at times. It's interesting that Scott Caan was the better rapper of the two (but I guess that's not too surprising) if your to go on Byron G, which is :ohsh:. In fact, the whole LP is :ohsh: frankly.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this album is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

everything about it

name it

its dope

zombie

Post by zombie »

its alright.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Haven't got to hear it all but so far so good. I really like the track with Domo and The Whooliganz.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Aside from a few decent joints, I'm just not feelin this album.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I can see why some people are calling it lackluster, in the same frame I do think some people are overating it. With all that being said the joint with Rakaa and Blu is phenomenal.