Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

Post by Philaflava »

Hate making these TMZ type threads, but I've been out of the loop.

During a recent VladTV interview with Yelawolf, the Alabama emcee was asked for his thoughts on Lord Jamar's opinion that white rappers are "guests in the house of Hip-Hop." Yelawolf agreed with Lord Jamar in the sense that the culture was started by Blacks, but went on to explain he believes the culture has evolved to the point that it is inclusive of everyone.

"It doesn't matter who laid the first brick, now you just have to embrace the fact that this house is better...now that different ideas have come in to put a different window in there, a different roof on it -- make it more livable," the Shady Records spitter said of Hip-Hop.

Yelawolf also objected to Lord Jamar asserting that homosexuality has no place in Hip-Hop. "To say that homosexuality has no place in Hip-Hop is just ignorant...," later adding, "If it's a hit record then guess what -- there's a lot of people that feel the same way. So shut the f*ck up."

Needless to say, Yelawolf's final comment didn't sit too well with Lord Jamar, and the Brand Nubian rapper issued a pretty serious word of warning via Twitter.
http://instagram.com/p/gZ6C1xCOK3/#
yelawolf
13 hours ago
Imjus'sayin FUCK IT !!! .. @lordjamar from the legendary group BrandNubian ( Grand Puba , Sadat X ) said "white people were the guest in the house of hip hop" .. In some ways thats very true .. but since im paying rent to be here .. I'm gonna need the landlord to come fix this plumbing issue cause all I see is your shit .... Since he told me on twitter to " watch my trailer trash mouth or I'd taste blood in it " because of my views on @vladtv .. Im giving him my touring schedule ... O.G Mr. @lordjamar .. I'm sorry that I offended you on behalf of all white folks who love hip hop .. We just want to say .. SUCK OUR CRACKER BALLS !!! All my up coming gigs are on Slumerican.com .. Me and my mullet will see you soon I hope ... Hearing one of hip hops legends call me " trailer trash " is why I do what I do .. Thanx bud .. Hallerrrrrrr .. And oh .. Check out my latest mixtape with the legendary @djpaulkom and maybe re think your angle .. "THIS THAT TRAILER PARK HOOD SHIT" http://piff.me/991f9e0 powered by @DatPiff

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

Post by ardamus »

That shut the fuck up part was the most important part of this whole discussion.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Req

Post by Req »

LOL, dude is like 50 years old out here actin corny as fuck

You either die a Tupac, or live long enough to see yourself become Lord Jamar
F.U. MOOLAH

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Vladtv is the only rap media worth following, the "ask rapper about V-Nasty, Kanye skirt etc" formats made for more gold than a hundred oral histories of whatever.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I lost a lot of respect for Lord Jamar when he threatened violence.

Peace to Yelawolf. ONE OF THE FEW WHITE PEOPLE IN HIP HOP THAT PROPERLY AND FULLY RESPECTS BLACK MUSIC HISTORY.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I want Benders top 5 white rappers who fully respect black music.

Ready, set, go...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

he's just gonna name yela, elp and drake 3 times - once for the half-jewish side, once because drake is light skinned enough, once just for the fuck of it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

where was lord jamar when vanilla ice went platinum?

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Threatened violence..hahahahahaha. Punks still jump up to get beat down bruh.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:ohcanada: easily got hundred of white rappers, so i'd like to see just how selective he gets. addi's choice. that chick he used to date? eternal? she gotta make it, right?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

lol reflection eternia
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote::ohcanada: easily got hundred of white rappers, so i'd like to see just how selective he gets. addi's choice. that chick he used to date? eternal? she gotta make it, right?
:fail: stop being stupid. You KNOW her name's "Eternia". Jason, I don't like when you pretend you are more stupid than you actually are. You don't have to play coy to fit in with your American brethren. I expect better from you by now. But, I digress:

I'm doing this because for the most part, white guys and white people in general have a POOR grasp of how LITTLE they ACTUALLY RESPECT Black artistic culture and history, and it's something that has to grow over the next few... hundred... OR THOUSAND... years. The current success of movies like 'The Butler' and '12 Years a Slave' are a tiny start. But musically? Shit is still disgusting, B. Black people really don't own anything in the music industry or on the internet in comparison to white people, and every Halloween, white people are caught in Blackface and say "Why isn't this funny? Isn't black life and culture and music just here to entertain me?" The white guy in Blackface with a Trayvon Martin hoodie and a bullet splattered on the chest was a great new low in White Ignorance this year. It all connects, and maybe one day, white people will realize that. But since you asked, Jason, here you go:

:ignore: Mindbender's Top Five White Rappers Who Behave, Speak, and Create Music Like They Acknowledge and Respect Black Music History :ff:

*Brother Ali. Probably the Best Ever. But he's a special case :leon: so besides him, let's go with:

1.) Yelawolf. Denounces ALL use of the "n-word". Outspoken critic of ALL white people who use "n-word". Constantly is caught on record speaking at length about his knowledge and respect of Black music history, from jazz to the blues to rock and roll to hip hop. Does his own fucking Southern-fried psychedelic rap thing, and always sounds original. Never comes off as try-hard or I wanna be down type of white guy, and shows love to all people, from African-Canadian to European-American. YELAWOLF'S AWARENESS OF BLACK HISTORY, AND HIS KNOWLEDGE-OF-SELF IN THE CONTEXT OF BLACK MUSIC HISTORY, SHOULD BE STUDIED AS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF WHITE UNDERSTANDING OF BLACK CULTURE IN ALL OF MODERN HIP HOP.

2) Ill Bill. Righteous white man who, even though sometimes rhymes with a crew of white rap anarchists called La Coka Nostra, I do believe he has remained one of the most outspoken voices of white injustice in hip hop. Non-Phixion was one of the few groups to try and speak their truth to power, no matter how conspiratorial and left-wing it might have been for the masses to grasp. How many groups of white guys in hip hop tried to drop any kind of knowledge or jewels? Sadly, not as many as there should be. I mean, hip hop BEGAN IN THE BRONX AS COMMUNITY HEALING EVENTS TO SAVE THE BROKEN AND FRUSTRATED SOULS OF BLACK AND LATINO PEOPLE IN NEW YORK CITY. How many white guys rapping across America really give a fuck about anything even close to the still-prevalent impact of slavery, segregation, economic and employment discrimination, mass incarceration, government-sponsored genocide, and such all-American activities? He may be crazy, but at least he gives a fuck. Peace to Ill Bill.

3) Everlast. First white guy to get love from a hip hop crew. I been a fan of Everlast since 'Forever Everlasting', and I enjoyed 'The Knack' in 1990. Made Irish hip hop a thing. The "Jump Around" phenomenon was actually awesome to be a part of in 1992 when it came out. 'Truth Crushed to Earth Will Rise Again' is a criminally slept-on album. One of the few people to dis Eminem to the point where Em couldn't respond, said "turned hard the day Dre gave you a record deal" and some other great stuff that shows he knows what time it is. Got love from Ice-T and Donald D in the 80's, so he gets love from me. I seen Everlast perform on my birthday one year in the 2000's, and it was a good show. He is a real musician in my eyes, and a respectable man, which is more than I can say for a LOT of people making music in hip hop.

4) Bubba Sparkxxx. I've read stuff where he exhibits a similar awareness and political frame of reference as Yelawolf, and I admire him for it. I've always thought Bubba Sparkxxx was not taken seriously as a rapper or a thinker, and I found his stuff to be much more humane and respectable than I saw his music ever get received. 'Ms. Fat Booty' was a mistake, but mostly I see him do the right thing and make music from his heart and soul. Timbaland fucked up thinking that he was going to get Eminem/Dr. Dre success without committing to Bubba. And his name is unfortunately kinda cringe-worthy, even like 15 years after I heard 'Ugly' for the first time, and loved it. I always said to myself 'for fuck sakes, what kind of name is "Bubba Sparkxxx" for such a decent MC? Who's gonna take this guy seriously on a widespread level? This is even worse than Uncle Murda, this is damn near LMFAO-level. Sigh." Still: even with the redneck image, I've always thought that Bubba Sparkxxx was conscious of his privlege in Black music, and always showed respect, in both interviews and his music.

5) Eminem. He shows a lot of love to a lot of Black music legends that they would NEVER get if Marshall's voice didn't bring a moment of attention to them. Just this week, Buckshot Shorty got a shitload of attention he would never have gotten in this day and age without Eminem remaking 'I Got U Opin'. Eminem has given props and shown genuine respect for countless Black idols on record and on film. That moment of him with Ice-T in the 'Art of Rap' documentary shows a person who knows his knowledge, studying and his dedication to the Black teachers he had were the foundation of MOST of what he has today. The rest of it was the unimaginable momentum of white supremacy mixed with innovative history, and some Dr. Dre magic. Et, voila. Eminem: the Elvis Presley of rap, FOR REAL. All the way to the Black beginnings and poverty stricken failure in the origins of his career. He also has unwittingly made the point that multi-platinum hip hop music CAN be made without it being filled with the word "n!gger", which is a fallacious notion that some industry idiot made a while back. That being said: Eminem's hatred of women probably does not save Black women from his homosexual wrath, but that's another psychological defect for another post on another day. When it comes to Black men and Black history: Eminem shows more respect than most White Americans EVER will, regardless of his world-class fame and fortune, and that fact does NOT go unrecognized by Mindbender.

*Special shoutout to Cage. He's not musically political, but in my personal experiences, we've had some conversations that show me he's not the average savage.

I'm probably forgetting someone, but whatever. You asked for this, here you guys go. I hope you had fun.

:cas:

For the record: *I would name a whole bunch of White/non-Black Canadian rappers who actually go on record talking about BLACK POLITICAL ISSUES like Theology 3, Adam Bomb, Que Rock, Grimace, Cale Sampson, or The Red Menace who make songs about real shit and actually respect Black history and don't treat hip hop like disposable cultural waste.

That's why I DON'T FUCK WITH RiFF RaFF and Mac Miller and Action Bronson and most of these new school atrocities.
It's not just that their songs are weak and psychologically unhealthy to repeatedly consume, oh no.
It's that they treat this artform like a pimp treats a bottom b!tch.
And I love hip hop.

Black people who disrespect and self-destruct THE GREATEST TOOL FOR LIBERATION FROM SLAVERY SINCE WE WERE DRAGGED HERE, AND THE GREATEST WAY TO ESCAPE THE PERPETUAL GENERATIONAL TRAP OF THE GHETTO, ARE BAD ENOUGH.

White supremacy is every fucking where a person can go in North America. And in 1974, hip hop is born so Black people might have a BIT of their own place to exist and dream and create paradise... but some white kid wants to ignore all that shit just to act dumb and be cool with his fucking friends? I ain't got time to respect a white person who doesn't fucking respect hip hop history or Black history.

I might find the time to school they motherfucking ass, though.
By any means necessary.
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

thought she was a bit uh heavy in the loafers?

:icedit: may as well be talking about any girl who raps and breakdances nm

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thanks for the list and honestly, I forgot her name. Does she know my name? I don't feel so bad.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Philaflava wrote:I want Benders top 5 white rappers who fully respect black music.

Ready, set, go...
I'm more interested in a TOP 10 of White rappers who don't fully respect black music.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Found this today

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

3 out of the 5 rappers on Mindbender's list have said "nigga" on record.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

"It's that they treat this artform like a pimp treats a bottom b!tch. "

The bottom bitch gets treated the best.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

do i need to have a conversation with jamar again
paging my white half

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Combo7 wrote:3 out of the 5 rappers on Mindbender's list have said "nigga" on record.
sources?
i can only think of ill bill, but not even on wax.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Combo7 wrote:3 out of the 5 rappers on Mindbender's list have said "nigga" on record.
Em, Ill Bill, Everlast said it to Count Chocula in Ego Trip but I dunno if that counts

lol dont tell me it was Bubba thatd be too perfect

Cage getting an honorable mention makes it 4 too.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

5 if we include El-P, who was only omitted by sheer force of will for the sake of spiting drizzle.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

what song did Em say it on wax?
it wasn't Foolish Pride, check the lyrics.

it seems that NYC rappers are the first to get a pass on it, a la Cage, Ill Bill, El-P, Fat Joe, etc.

but still, Combo7 is reaching with his first statement, especially if he's saying "on record".

still waiting on proof.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Youd be harder pressed finding a notable 90s white who hasnt (reputedly) said it, "on record" as in recorded, not on a piece of vinyl and biggest lol of all @ bringing up Fat Joe & Foolish Pride, the aryan purity song. Anyways:

elohim

Post by elohim »

Fuck any ignorant dejected idiot that thinks rap music is ethnocentric.. I love Brand Nubian, One For All is a classic record. And I'm not gonna lie, I laughed at Jamar's barbs at Kanye.. but dude is beyond a piece of steaming dog shit homophobic racist.

Req

Post by Req »

sleazy_j wrote: still waiting on Proof.
yeah, so's Eminem
F.U. MOOLAH

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

sleazy_j wrote:what song did Em say it on wax?
it wasn't Foolish Pride, check the lyrics.

it seems that NYC rappers are the first to get a pass on it, a la Cage, Ill Bill, El-P, Fat Joe, etc.

but still, Combo7 is reaching with his first statement, especially if he's saying "on record".

still waiting on proof.
I'm not "reaching" on anything, I'm stating a fact.
Last edited by Combo7 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

not very threatening imo.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I heard the performance of Eminem saying "n!gga" on record. Hell, I heard the one with Necro. And maybe one with Cage back in the day. And I heard El-P say it out his own mouth. :blank:

What, do you think I'm some kind of kneegrow neanderthal with a "n-bomb" activation button that must jet-propel me into Righteous Black Rage the instant someone aims the word "n!gger" at me? :lol:

You would be mistaken. God don't trip over petty weakshit. :bunk:

I AM THE TRIBE CALLED QUEST FAN WHO HAS DISAGREED WITH Q-TIP'S IDEOLOGY AND HIS CONCEPT FOR "SUCKA NIGGA" SINCE 1994, MY PEOPLE. {but of course, that bassline is fonnky}

You guys don't comprehend my concept of equality fully, do you? Nobody should say the word "n!gger" or "b!tch" in my eyes. NOBODY. That equally includes ~BLACK MEN~. Do Jews call each other "kikes" as a term of endearment? No, they don't, do they? Hmmm, why is that? By "n!gger logic", they SHOULD be able to call each other "kikes" with all the homeboy intention in the world and it's all good good, right? But why hasn't this happened? :killacam:

Because Jewish people aren't fucking stupid and aren't hovering chaotically in the same socio-linguistic double standard of familial slander. I just keep growing to love and respect myself so much that I can't ever respond to that word. When I see some people who I know use it incessantly, I almost want to be on some "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" shit, but I fucking HATE the mere thought of it, to be honest. I don't judge anyone who does say "nigga", but MY values have been stated, and I do not regret feeling them for one fucking moment.

There is a DROP of DEHUMANIZATION and OWNERSHIP in the utterance of the word "nigger" and "bitch" to me, and I never can hear otherwise. I know people can make it mean what it means to them, but to ME? It means what it means to me. Just like the word "love", which I give my own special meaning, or the word "jawn" has a certain meaning in Philadelphia, but don't mean naan to us Canucks. Or even "whoadie/whoadey/wodie" in N'awlins means "nyukka", right? But we don't say "wodey" in Ontario, nahmean, kid? I just say "brother" or "god" or "king" or "homie" or some shit that is universally recognized to not really do anything that even might slightly make you feel anything besides my equal.

when people say "what up, my nigga!" to me, I'm like ...ehhh. I usually just say "what up, muhfucka!" in response. I opt out. I'M STILL BLACK THOUGH, AREN'T I? I HOPE SO :ironmike:

I LOVE calling people "my brother/my sister". Chuck D made a song that is really inspirational. It still is relevant to things and thing. Peace to Philafams.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I want Benders top 5 white rappers who fully respect black music.

Ready, set, go...
I'm more interested in a TOP 10 of White rappers who don't fully respect black music.
:rofl: :killacam: Please: don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

1. Action Bronson :nut:

... :megaman: