New Atoms Family things (Cryptic One, 'Laska, Wind et al)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

New Atoms Family things (Cryptic One, 'Laska, Wind et al)

Post by Ned Ryerson »

apparently, this came out today. was definitely not expecting it, didn't even know he was still rapping. downloading now, video is dope

http://crypticone.bandcamp.com/album/fysm-3

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Re: new cryptic one 2013?

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Will peep this. Liked Truth: Whole Truth, Half Truths, & Lies a lot.

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

i missed that, i'll have to check it at some point. it'll probably be a while though with all the music coming out lately

the new EP is decent. only given it one listen so far but was really digging a couple tracks. song with alaska is cool. the last track stood out, reminds me of the grouch's better stuff:

http://crypticone.bandcamp.com/track/et ... n-progress

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

always liked cryptic. will check this out.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

holy shit i remembered my password 8 years later

lurkerbump? lump? burker? burkerlump?

:lurkers:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Its good work, man. Big ups.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

ardamus wrote:Its good work, man. Big ups.

thanks meng

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Was it this guy or Alaska that talked about early worm getting stuck in early birds stomach on the Cold Vein?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Was it this guy or Alaska that talked about early worm getting stuck in early birds stomach on the Cold Vein?

that was me

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:cheers:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Philaflava wrote::cheers:
:leon:

the video 122112 posted above is part 1 of a 3 part vid... part two coming in the next week or two

also.. i did the score for the upcoming Adult Rappers documentary... the documentary is a really dope watch (no bias)... cant wait for it to drop... peep the opening title sequence:

also... new ATOMS (me, wind, & alaska) album "Sands" is done... looking for a late jan/early feb release on that

ps. hi again 9th most influential hip hop message board in the universe :rockout:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Cryptic One wrote:also... new ATOMS (me, wind, & alaska) album "Sands" is done... looking for a late jan/early feb release on that
:ohsh:

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

:cheers: what song is the second video for? I'm liking the new EP, it's been in steady rotation despite all the shit out lately. Eternal Work in Progress is great

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Ned Ryerson wrote::cheers: what song is the second video for? I'm liking the new EP, it's been in steady rotation despite all the shit out lately. Eternal Work in Progress is great
thanks man... glad to know people are digging it, despite me just dropping it out of nowhere like a retard... Eternal... that seems to be a favorite of a bunch of people... i personally cant listen to that song... too fucking emo for me :lol:

next video is for View From the Crows Nest... then the 3rd is for Make Room... 4th video may or may not happen... i have ideas

The Afronaut wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:also... new ATOMS (me, wind, & alaska) album "Sands" is done... looking for a late jan/early feb release on that
:ohsh:
yeah thats the exact face i made when it happened too... especially knowing how painfully long it takes anything Atoms related to go from idea to release... we started recording in may of last year just making songs just for shits and giggles... then next thing we know, shits and giggles turned into songs and album

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Cryptic One wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:Was it this guy or Alaska that talked about early worm getting stuck in early birds stomach on the Cold Vein?

that was me
I like you *no homo*
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

Cryptic One wrote:
Ned Ryerson wrote::cheers: what song is the second video for? I'm liking the new EP, it's been in steady rotation despite all the shit out lately. Eternal Work in Progress is great
thanks man... glad to know people are digging it, despite me just dropping it out of nowhere like a retard... Eternal... that seems to be a favorite of a bunch of people... i personally cant listen to that song... too fucking emo for me :lol:

next video is for View From the Crows Nest... then the 3rd is for Make Room... 4th video may or may not happen... i have ideas
thank a.m. breakups. if he hadn't posted a link to his facebook page i probably wouldn't have caught this yet. makes sense about Eternal Progress, can't imagine wanting to listen to something like that once i was done working on it.

looking forward to the videos. first one was dope

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

MC Homeless wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:

that was me
I like you *no homo*
:mrcee:

no idea what this mr cee emoticon is for... but it feels right here: "thats what heshe said"
Ned Ryerson wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:

thank a.m. breakups. if he hadn't posted a link to his facebook page i probably wouldn't have caught this yet. makes sense about Eternal Progress, can't imagine wanting to listen to something like that once i was done working on it.

looking forward to the videos. first one was dope
Ah dope... AM Breakups is the homie... gotta thank him for that

speaking of AM Breakups... I did a remix for Cult Favorite (him & Elusive).. not sure whats gonna happen with it if anything... but im sure it will pop up somewhere eventually

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

not trying to derail this thread or anything but, yo, Cryptic, if you would like to be down for it, we have open submissions for our PF Posse cut. you're dope so i thought i would extend a hand say give it a shot.
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=134554
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

ardamus wrote:not trying to derail this thread or anything but, yo, Cryptic, if you would like to be down for it, we have open submissions for our PF Posse cut. you're dope so i thought i would extend a hand say give it a shot.
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=134554

thanks bro bro

id be down for sure... but... im notoriously slow as fuck with writing and recording so cant make any promises (like 99% of the rappers on this planet)... if the beat inspires me i can knock the writing out pretty quick tho, so we shall see... ill give it a shot

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

also... new ATOMS (me, wind, & alaska) album "Sands" is done... looking for a late jan/early feb release on that
COOL

Thanks for the Elite Bomb Squad Demo Tapes.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Stieflkater wrote:
COOL

Thanks for the Elite Bomb Squad Demo Tapes.
My mind is still a little blown that the first EBS demo made it out into the universe... you can thank Nobs and Dr Dre (fat yo mtv not beats by) for that... actually still in contact with all the EBS guys and their minds were equally blown when i showed them

hopefully my solo demos and the demos of my group before EBS never see the light of day tho...

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

HAHAHA OK

That first EBS demo tape is real ill though. Press that on wax and cake a little please. Same goes for IT..."Poetic Equation" is crazy.
I mean I know artists and I know how it is with evolving etc... not liking certain songs you did no more. Regardless I was impressed of how got that first EBS demo is. Raw shit...keep on PEACE

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Stieflkater wrote:HAHAHA OK

That first EBS demo tape is real ill though. Press that on wax and cake a little please. Same goes for IT..."Poetic Equation" is crazy.
I mean I know artists and I know how it is with evolving etc... not liking certain songs you did no more. Regardless I was impressed of how got that first EBS demo is. Raw shit...keep on PEACE
thanks man... Poetic Equation is one of my favorites of the early Atoms Fam songs that never got released

Im also pretty proud of the EBS stuff, at least from the production side of things... the rapping didnt age well, except for Tell's verses, those still resonate with me.. i have tons more demos that never saw the light of day... as i sift through the boxes and boxes of cassettes i have ill probably throw some up on the interwebz at some point

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

My thoughts, feelings, and opinions: http://www.emplol.blogspot.com/2013/12/ ... -fysm.html

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Employee wrote:My thoughts, feelings, and opinions: http://www.emplol.blogspot.com/2013/12/ ... -fysm.html

:leon:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:mods:: Can we change the title of this thread to reflect that it is an all-purpose ATOMS thread?

PEEP THE GORGEOUSNESS:

http://www.syffal.com/dood-computer-swe ... -16-alaska

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Employee wrote::mods:: Can we change the title of this thread to reflect that it is an all-purpose ATOMS thread?

that works for me

release date? soonish...

Brougham33

Re: New Atoms Family things (Cryptic One, 'Laska, Wind et al

Post by Brougham33 »

:cheers:

Cysed for anything that has Wind rhyming again.

Cryptic One

Re: New Atoms Family things (Cryptic One, 'Laska, Wind et al

Post by Cryptic One »

Brougham33 wrote::cheers:

Cysed for anything that has Wind rhyming again.
sorry dude... wind is only rapping on 8 out of the 10 tracks that made the album..

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Employee wrote::mods:: Can we change the title of this thread to reflect that it is an all-purpose ATOMS thread?

PEEP THE GORGEOUSNESS:

http://www.syffal.com/dood-computer-swe ... -16-alaska

Thanks broseph
Last edited by ALASKA on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.