New Atoms Family things (Cryptic One, 'Laska, Wind et al)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Re: New Atoms Family things (Cryptic One, 'Laska, Wind et al

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Tell Sethood and Osirus to get their shit together holmes, the world needs that next level ish
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:Tell Sethood and Osirus to get their shit together holmes, the world needs that next level ish
sorry didnt see this til now, 3 months later... ha... havent seen or spoken to those dudes in 10+ years... i know back then (2003ish) they had recorded a ton of material together that i never got a hold of from them... the music was damn good (and VERY weird) but the sound quality was beyond terrible

in other news... i started this thing on Instagram where Im making and uploading a new beat everyday with an accompanying video... been doing it for a little over a week now and plan to go til ive reached 100 beats/vids total... pretty much a tease since they are only 15 second snippets (obv limited by IG)

heres a few of my favorites of the 8 that are up so far:

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Cryptic One wrote:
I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:Tell Sethood and Osirus to get their shit together holmes, the world needs that next level ish
sorry didnt see this til now, 3 months later... ha... havent seen or spoken to those dudes in 10+ years... i know back then (2003ish) they had recorded a ton of material together that i never got a hold of from them... the music was damn good (and VERY weird) but the sound quality was beyond terrible
Hey, thanks for responding Cryptic, I really appreciate that. If you ever happen to get your hands on some of this music (by some inexplicable reason), don't hesitate to share it with us. I'm used to listening to 10th generation dubbed demotapes, so quality is never an issue with me.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:
Hey, thanks for responding Cryptic, I really appreciate that. If you ever happen to get your hands on some of this music (by some inexplicable reason), don't hesitate to share it with us. I'm used to listening to 10th generation dubbed demotapes, so quality is never an issue with me.
:leon:

no probs man... ill let loose any old stuff i find... i really need to get a working cassette player... i have a few hundred unlabeled tapes in my parents basement... and many of those tapes are old atoms shit

---

and now... some more highlights from my #beataday series... up to #60 now:

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Pretty much all those beats are fire

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Julius Seizure wrote:Pretty much all those beats are fire
:cheers:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

another batch of my faves from #beataday:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

new ATOMS video "Origami"

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

So... on the low the Windnbreeze solo album is recorded... 12 tracks of the god of bliss coming later this year...

and..... Adult Rappers documentary is getting a NYC public screening in May (there have been 2 private ones so far) @ NY International Urban Film Festival:

http://www.nuffnyc.com/#!adult-rappers/cz2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and.....more of my beataday shit:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

new mixtape from Alaska over Outkast instrumentals:

https://thisishellola.bandcamp.com/album/alkast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

highlights from the last few weeks of #beataday

and the last 10 (91-100) will be released as Crypstramentals Vol 7:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

dropped today... as usual free aka pay what you want... im really proud of this one

some bonus beats for all downloads til saturday night @ midnight

http://www.crypticone.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Man, I just watched all those videos in a row. Really great work, Crypt. I wish I had your work ethic.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Cleanhobo wrote:Man, I just watched all those videos in a row. Really great work, Crypt. I wish I had your work ethic.
thanks bro

i honestly didnt think id pull it off because usually i dont have that kind of work ethic or dedication especially with such a large project, shit was intimidating... but this was fun to do so that helped

still some days i definitely looked at my computer and was like FUCK THIS i aint making shit today... but i forced myself and some of my favorite beats of the 100 actually were made on those days oddly

im planning on doing it again sometime in may... maybe not 100 this time, something smaller... maybe 50.. .ill see how i feel when that rolls around... might be harder to motivate with the weather nice outside

download the album if you havent already.. its free, and im pretty happy with how it turned out... plus there are some bonus beats on the download

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

:cheers: Right on, I'll check it now. Liked what I've heard so far.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Cryptic One wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:Man, I just watched all those videos in a row. Really great work, Crypt. I wish I had your work ethic.
thanks bro

i honestly didnt think id pull it off because usually i dont have that kind of work ethic or dedication especially with such a large project, shit was intimidating... but this was fun to do so that helped

still some days i definitely looked at my computer and was like FUCK THIS i aint making shit today... but i forced myself and some of my favorite beats of the 100 actually were made on those days oddly

im planning on doing it again sometime in may... maybe not 100 this time, something smaller... maybe 50.. .ill see how i feel when that rolls around... might be harder to motivate with the weather nice outside

download the album if you havent already.. its free, and im pretty happy with how it turned out... plus there are some bonus beats on the download
Will do, definitely. Thanks for the heads up.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

all the beatadays on the tube of you... 25 mins of 15 second beat snippets and vids... 101 beats total:

and heres a snippet of me being a bitter old man in adult rappers... available today for rental on vimeo on demand:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/adultrappers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Cryp...just listened to that Beataday vid...shit is dope. Perfect for an ADD motherfucker like myself! :cheers:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Echo Leader wrote:Cryp...just listened to that Beataday vid...shit is dope. Perfect for an ADD motherfucker like myself! :cheers:
ha dope! as a fellow ADD motherfucker, i can relate

in other news... my first 2 solo LPs are available on vinyl for the first time ever... preorders live now... release date is 3/31:

Yellow AMST 2XLP is limited... preorder both albums and get an atoms fam slipmat free (while supplies last... VERY limited on hand)

https://crypticone.bandcamp.com/merch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

just copped anti-mobius on vinyl. :cheers:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:just copped anti-mobius on vinyl. :cheers:

thanks man!

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

This thread is awesome.

I feel bad that I'm just checking out SANDS, but adult life + job some years I'm more in tune than others, and I have to admit that even though I had the best intentions of copping this release up front and possibly writing a review (which I haven't done in a while - long enough to let my website lapse) none of that came to fruition.

I will say that anybody who liked new york independent rap music between '97-'04 should listen to this album and I would imagine will enjoy the hell out of it. I did. And my main thought listening to it in today's context is that Cryptic should have Executive Produced the new Cannibal Ox album and it would have been 10x better (even though it's still solid).

Great work and I'll have to sift through some of the beataday joints sometime soon.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:This thread is awesome.

I feel bad that I'm just checking out SANDS, but adult life + job some years I'm more in tune than others, and I have to admit that even though I had the best intentions of copping this release up front and possibly writing a review (which I haven't done in a while - long enough to let my website lapse) none of that came to fruition.

I will say that anybody who liked new york independent rap music between '97-'04 should listen to this album and I would imagine will enjoy the hell out of it. I did. And my main thought listening to it in today's context is that Cryptic should have Executive Produced the new Cannibal Ox album and it would have been 10x better (even though it's still solid).

Great work and I'll have to sift through some of the beataday joints sometime soon.
thanks man.. seriously appreciate it... music is back to being fun for me so im super productive right now so tons more to come.. not even going to talk about all the projects on deck because i have no idea whats going to be finished/released first... but last count of projects i have my hand in right now is 12 and thats not including 1 off beats ive done for other peoples projects :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: .. plus ive been finding a bunch of old stuff on tapes that im going to let loose soon too... both old instrumentals and things with raps... things ranging anywhere from 1989 to 2000

re: Ox... they asked me a little over a year ago for beats... and i just wasnt comfortable with it for a bunch of reasons... mostly because i didnt feel my output at the time was solid enough to do an album of that magnitude.. regardless of the backlash those dudes have gotten over the years (justified or not) a follow up to Cold Vein is not something i wanted to go in without full confidence in my ability to do it justice... if they would have asked me today? i would have jumped at the opportunity without a second thought because im just in a really good place music wise right now... i do have at least 1 beat on a project with Vordul & Double AB coming up tho...

either way man... thanks for peeping... doesnt matter if its late or not... i dont think ive ever made a release date on time in my life so i dont expect listeners to be prompt either :ohsh:

:cheers: :cheers:

and heres some random throwback shit from my instagram:
This is a song called "From The Ground Up" that I did back in 98 or 99. Never released. Produced by me, raps by me, mixed, recorded, rediscovered by me, me, me

I think it was a promo for a radio show called From the Ground Up but I don't know if I ever wound up sending it to them.
Various atoms Fam pics ranging from 97-2000

#TBT
Man... Finding this old shit is crazy sometimes

This is the rapper equivalent of those embarrassing pictures your parents like to show of you in high school wearing something ridiculous but thinking that you were the epitome of fashionable.
Cryptic circa 1989-90. The PTP era with the homie safari aka saf2 aka @timodom75

Take a mind trip into the past
Regain your optics real fast
Cause then you'll see the start
Of an urbanized art
Try to lock in a cage
Bionic black rage
Spreading quick to every stage
A bubonic Black Plague
#cassetteday

Throwback on the beat side of things
1996 when I started my instrumental album that never got finished.
Video pretty much shows the only thing of use I learned in college... A bit rusty, but juggling? it's like riding a bike. #TBT

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

some more throwback stuff

https://soundcloud.com/crypticone/bloody-drumer-1992
This is a track I made in 1992, previously lost, recently uncovered on an old dusty unlabeled cassette tape.
this was from 94... pre atoms and shortly after EBS stopped making music together... called in WNYU Mr Mayhems show (Natural Elements DJ) and freestyled over the air:

https://soundcloud.com/crypticone/891-wnyu-freestyle-1994
Back in the days some college radio shows would open up the phone lines for MCs to call in and rhyme over the air. 99% of the people that called in would get clowned on and cut off. In 1994 I called up 89.1 WNYU w/ Mr Mayhem and managed to be part of the 1% of people that didnt get clowned on and hung up on and i actually wound up getting invited to be on the show live a few weeks later.

Here is that freestyle. Sorry for the shitty sound quality. Its from a dub of a dub of a dub on cassette.

In other similar news, the way I met the guys from Atoms Fam initially was on another radio show where callers would rhyme on the air (WBAU Adelphi M-Train w/ Drew Spence). I called in one night, and the following week Molecule & Whichcraft called up and gave me props over the air. The host got all our info and we linked up through him and Centa of da Web was born and I was grandfathered into the very new and rapidly growing crew known as Atoms Family

lyrics transcribed below:

This is the Cryptic One EBS from Strong Island
Yo throw a beat on

Poppin shit in the AM with Mayhem
Freestyle off the top of my dome
because im prone to use my telephone right now
Cause I hit you with the booms and bows
The bashes
When I smash kids
Ya bloody bastard
Get your bandages
Because Im slamming kids
Through the wall
Guaranteed you fucking fall
From the brawl
The lyricals are never criminal
Subliminal when I hit you with my messages
Im blending its
Not advised to step to me
Because Im fucking wise I use telepathy
And ESP to get with the
Never can you get with me cause Im the master
I blast ya, then I ask ya questions later
Youre a traitor
I hit you with my paper? No
I hit you with the free flow cause I know I got skills
Head for the hills
Or your blood spills
Out your eye sockets
When I drop it
Like I said… give me a topic
Ill drop it atomically
When I be dropping the verses
Blood spurting
You better go to fucking church and
Pray
That I wont come at you this day
With my slaying skills
Cause I know you better chill
I chill in the fucking vill
When I get ill
I spill your blood
Cause youre a dud
Look at the puddle on the ground from the sound of my voice
It was your choice to step to me?
What are you crazed?
I am amazed
When i fucking blaze MCs
Light them on fire
Yes now they perspire
They are sweating me
And now youre getting me
Angry
And upset
And I bet
I catch wreck
On 89 point what? point 1
How fun its the Cryptic One
Using my tongue
To slash kids
You dumb fool
I send you to school
Now youre drooling on your self
When I hit you
You fucking melt
From the heat that I use
When I complete and abuse
Kid you refuse
To ever step to my crew
When we fucking choose to do what we do best
Its EBS dont test
Or youre gonna get me vexed
And upset and pissed again
My friend
Its not pretend
The shit is real
Can you comprehend
When I steal
Your soul
You fold like a piece of paper
Cause youre a traitor
Im evil like that motherfucker Darth Vader

Versive

Post by Versive »

I never realized you were from LI. Where abouts?

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Versive wrote:I never realized you were from LI. Where abouts?
spent most of my life in Westbury... nassau county... home of Dr Dre (fat Yo MTV Raps not Beats by)... also was home of Herbie Luv Bug producer of Salt n Pepa, Kid n Play, Dana Dane, Kwame, etc

go dragons!

Versive

Post by Versive »

I used to go to the drive-in movie theater there with my parents when it existed.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Versive wrote:I used to go to the drive-in movie theater there with my parents when it existed.
word up

we used to hop the wall and watch movies for free with headphones plugged into our boombox tuned into the movie frequency... and when we got older we would stuff as many people as we could fit in the trunk for cheaper movies

i lived right down the block from the drive in (RIP)

where in LI were you?

Versive

Post by Versive »

Grew up in Valley Stream and Wantagh, with one year in Bellmore in between those two, so one of those places at the time I went to the Westbury drive-in.

As an adult, I've lived in Huntington Station and Huntington, and now in Centerport but am about to move again.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Versive wrote:Grew up in Valley Stream and Wantagh, with one year in Bellmore in between those two, so one of those places at the time I went to the Westbury drive-in.

As an adult, I've lived in Huntington Station and Huntington, and now in Centerport but am about to move again.

damn bro... sold out and went Suffolk county on us

one of the first times i rhymed with anyone from Atoms Fam in person was in Centril Islip... so i have some love for Suffolk.. plus i had family in Wyandanch

still... nassau people always looked at suffolk peeps as if they were "country folk", which is hilarious

Versive

Post by Versive »

Ironically it costs less to rent in the rich areas where I am now than it does in the middle-class neighborhoods where I grew up in Nassau. Suffolk is pretty country when you get farther east though.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Proceed.