Rakim - Madiba (Nelson Mandela tribute)

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/i ... Tribute%29

:ohsh: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :ohsh:

THE ESSENCE OF HIP HOP

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Re: Rakim - Madiba (Nelson Mandela tribute)

Post by step one »

Glad Rakim did this and not Kanye or Drake. Reminds me of Nas' Rakim tribute track.

Its decent anyway. "Absolutely amazing" is a bit much - cant see it getting repeated spins.

Then again, as MB has pointed out recently, Im white so what the fuck do I know.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

step one wrote:Glad Rakim did this and not Kanye or Drake. Reminds me of Nas' Rakim tribute track.

Its decent anyway. "Absolutely amazing" is a bit much - cant see it getting repeated spins.

Then again, as MB has pointed out recently, Im white so what the fuck do I know.
I absolutely did not realize you were white from reading your posts :lol:
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Versive

Post by Versive »

I didn't listen all the way through yet, but what surprises/confuses/upsets me most about this is that the song was written by Rakim, using input from (lyrics submitted by) Complex Magazine's readers.

I get that Mandela was a man of the people and all that, but does anyone really think that the next man is going to pay better tribute than the God himself would?

glasshandralphie

Post by glasshandralphie »

Why didn't he get X to sing the hook? :smh:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:Glad Rakim did this and not Kanye or Drake. Reminds me of Nas' Rakim tribute track.

:roll: but, do you know how old you are SUPPOSED to be? or are you fucking 15 years old, stepchild?

you're a white guy who said some ignorant ass shit once, and i called you out because I didn't like what you said. get over it.

let it go and start jocking me like you normally do: WITHOUT THE WHITE GUILT PERSECUTION COMPLEX.

I'm glad you listened to the song.

I cried tears when I listened to it. I found this song to be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, because it's 3 verses long, well thought out, with a timeless ancient African/modern American production style that will resonate long after this moment, and every word of every line was a well-thought out dedication to one of the greatest African leaders of the 20th century.

stepchild: stop being a fuckboy and just give your crusty and cynical yet slightly insightful opinions like you normally do :rofl:

and Versive: that is slightly odd, considering its RAKIM. But the R collaborating with various concerned people on a song about someone that touched the lives of millions across the world actually isn't the worst idea ever.

if they were picking beats and rhymes for the next Rakim album... THEN I'D BE LIKE :naswtf: :killacam: :bunk: :rofl:

but this song is THE FUCKING BEST. :bow: it's a long road to freedom...
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: and Versive: that is slightly odd, considering its RAKIM. But the R collaborating with various concerned people on a song about someone that touched the lives of millions across the world actually isn't the worst idea ever.
Not saying it's the worst idea. Like I said, I totally get the concept. I'm just not sure it's a necessary process or one that leads to a better song than what Rakim could do on his own. That being said...
Mindbender Futurama wrote:if they were picking beats and rhymes for the next Rakim album... THEN I'D BE LIKE :naswtf: :killacam: :bunk: :rofl:
Considering the existence of that one that album that shall remain nameless, and the fact that Rakim might've picked all of the beats for it, other people picking beats for his next project might not be the worst idea ever.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Versive wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: and Versive: that is slightly odd, considering its RAKIM. But the R collaborating with various concerned people on a song about someone that touched the lives of millions across the world actually isn't the worst idea ever.
Not saying it's the worst idea. Like I said, I totally get the concept. I'm just not sure it's a necessary process or one that leads to a better song than what Rakim could do on his own. That being said...
Mindbender Futurama wrote:if they were picking beats and rhymes for the next Rakim album... THEN I'D BE LIKE :naswtf: :killacam: :bunk: :rofl:
Considering the existence of that one that album that shall remain nameless, and the fact that Rakim might've picked all of the beats for it, other people picking beats for his next project might not be the worst idea ever.
:rofl:

fair enough.

Req

Post by Req »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I cried tears when I listened to it.
F.U. MOOLAH

GentleJonesReturns

Post by GentleJonesReturns »

good song. rhyming planet earth with Johannesburg made me grin

b.radio

Post by b.radio »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
I cried tears when I listened to it.
:larry: :larry: :larry: :fail: :fail:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

observe911

Post by observe911 »

Could only listen to 30 seconds of this..his flows sound outdated and the beat was garbage..I would of rather heard Nas do a tribute or even Ye
PAWGing

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

yeah motherfuckers

I am so in tune with certain works of art, movies and songs, that I shed tears of joy or appreciation when I hear them

I feel more alive in these moments than almost any other time in life... except sex :gyeah:

Req, you actin like a sucka for singling out that shit and trying to clown my emotions :bunk:

I'm a fucking grown ass Black man that shed tears of reverence when I heard Rakim Allah's tribute to Nelson Mandela. WHAT'S UP, POTNA?

do you guys feel anything in life on a level deeper than an internet meme? :killacam:

I hope so.

observe911

Post by observe911 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:yeah motherfuckers

I am so in tune with certain works of art, movies and songs, that I shed tears of joy or appreciation when I hear them

I feel more alive in these moments than almost any other time in life... except sex :gyeah:

Req, you actin like a sucka for singling out that shit and trying to clown my emotions :bunk:

I'm a fucking grown ass Black man that shed tears of reverence when I heard Rakim Allah's tribute to Nelson Mandela. WHAT'S UP, POTNA?

do you guys feel anything in life on a level deeper than an internet meme? :killacam:

I hope so.
Naw..I've never shed tears over a rap song..but I used to over Erykah Badu's "telephone" song..that's about it..I might get drunk and shed tears over MJ's music..I prob would..
PAWGing

step one

Post by step one »

observe911 wrote:I would of rather heard Nas do a tribute or even Ye
"When he was in a prison
I felt like I was in a prisonnnnn
cos I couldnt get no deal and it seemed like a god damn missionnnnnn
So without Nelson Mandelaaaa
Ye wouldnta been a record sellerrrrrr
Kim like the 2K Winnie and her ass is looking stellarrrrrr"

FOH

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote:
"When he was in a prison

FOH
actuaLOL :lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

observe911

Post by observe911 »

step one wrote:
"When he was in a prison

FOH

Ok..but you admited to being white..so I could give a fuck less about your opinion on hip hop..thx for that weak ass rhyme that you think Ye might write..anyway
PAWGing

step one

Post by step one »

I was listening to this music before you even knew what it was. Take your race hate somewhere else.

observe911

Post by observe911 »

step one wrote:I was listening to this music before you even knew what it was. Take your race hate somewhere else.
Ok..but the fact that you tried to belittle the most important figure in the black community(kanye) seems something a racist white person would do..I was just pointing that out..you're from the UK breh..you were listening to the Beatles and Rolling Stones before me..not hip hop..stop it slime
PAWGing

step one

Post by step one »

Kanye is the most important figure in the black community? Really?
Either the plight of the black community is obviously more serious than i thought or you're a fucking idiot.

observe911

Post by observe911 »

step one wrote:Kanye is the most important figure in the black community? Really?
Either the plight of the black community is obviously more serious than i thought or you're a fucking idiot.
My bad..just been having a bad year..you're cool..didnt mean to take it out on you
PAWGing

step one

Post by step one »

I changed my mind bro. YOU shoulda done the tribute to Mandela.

Edit: lol @ you deleting all that shit you posted a minute ago

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

word, LOL. Yeezus is a powerful, world-class entity in the modern music business and arts & culture in general. But Kanye isn't THAT important to Black people, observe.

maybe you've heard of some guy named Barack Obama :naswtf:

b.radio

Post by b.radio »

did u shed any tears today tho? or was it a one-off cry/listen?

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:word, LOL. Yeezus is a powerful, world-class entity in the modern music business and arts & culture in general. But Kanye isn't THAT important to Black people, observe.

You live in Canada
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

b.radio wrote:did u shed any tears today tho? or was it a one-off cry/listen?
I rarely cry every time I hear something. it has to be a VERY special piece of art to do that.

A K-Naan song that was a true story about 2 of his Ethiopian friends getting murdered by government soldiers while they were out playing at a beach in Somalia made me cry a few times, especially the time he performed it with Mos Def in New York. It was the ORIGINAL version of "Waving Flag", before Coca-Cola asked for a clean version for the FIFA World Cup anthem.

A few Stevie Wonder songs, like 'Lately' and 'They Won't Go When I Go' at Michael Jackson's funeral, 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley, and a few other songs. I cry in a lot of movies. Tears of joy and gratitude, rarely of utter sadness.

They say tears are the words the soul can't say.

My genitalia has not shrunken with the regular operation of my tear ducts. I feel no less of a man. I feel a lot more human, actually.
Hayzoos wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:word, LOL. Yeezus is a powerful, world-class entity in the modern music business and arts & culture in general. But Kanye isn't THAT important to Black people, observe.

You live in Canada
did he not say "most important figure in the Black community"?

uh, just because I live in Canada does not mean I am not part of the Black community, or that anything that Kanye West or Barack Obama says or does has no relevance or meaning to my reality.

you honestly have to be incredibly fucking stupid and/or racist to actually believe that idea.

thank you, and good night.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

If you don't live in America then you are not part of the black community

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Hayzoos wrote:If you don't live in America then you are not part of the black community
And what the fuck makes you think we want a cornball faggot fuck white dicknosed bitchmade scared-to-go-an-airpot fuckboy like you speaking for us in the US?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

People that made cornball shit like this aren't part of the black community either

The brothers do not accept you

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Promoting my videos is loss for you off the break. Lol.
Funny thing is you wont post my other shit.
How about this,let us know when you become the spokesman for black people and not the dicknosed 24 yr old virgin who tries to get pussy by letting bitches know his mom still writes his name on his underwear, you hobbit looking racist piece of shit. You run around telling people titties do feel like sandbags, dont you? :lol:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner