the Eminem/Slaughterhouse battle rap show is real

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

the Eminem/Slaughterhouse battle rap show is real

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

EDIT: Before you read Bender's post, check out the CTR for the original discussion on it right here: http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=135077
Slaughterhouse announce its "Total Slaughter" Battle Rap tournament and its "Road To Total Slaughter" reality show, set to include Dizaster, Daylyt, Math Hoffa and Arsonal, among others.

Slaughterhouse members have announced their Road To Total Slaughter reality show, slated to feature Dizaster, Daylyt, Math Hoffa, and Arsonal, among others. The series, scheduled to air on Shady's Vevo channel, is set to shine a light on Battle Rap culture.

"Battle Rap is the talk in every street and every barber shop," Joe Budden says in an interview with MTV. "People are really engulfed and seem to be in tune with what these young brothers have to say in the lyrics they're putting out there."

The show is set to follow eight battle rappers as they face-off in a Battle Rap tournament. The matches for the first round are set to include Math Hoffa Vs. Dizaster; Arsonal Vs. Daylyt; Cortez Vs. Marv Won; and Big T Vs. Aye Verb.

Math, Diz, Ars and Day are on one side of the bracket, while Marv, Tez, T and Verb are on the other side of the bracket. The winner from each side is set to co-headline a main event match-up between Loaded Lux and Murda Mook.

"It's probably the biggest battle you can put on right now," Royce Da 5'9 says regarding the battle between Mook and Lux.

The reality show is set to feature each battler in a house.

"They're gonna live with each other for a week and you're gonna be able to see them prepare for [battles] as well," Royce added.

Slaughterhouse members are set to act as the show's producers and the Battle Rap judges for the tournament.

"It's giving these guys a platform that they didn't have before," Royce told Sway. "Everybody knows they're great if you follow them, so the goal is to put not only them, but Battle Rap itself, on this platform."

:killacam:

discuss or disgust? :omar:

they all live together? so this is like Making the Band... but with hate?

and did they film it already? didn't Dizaster just retire?

battle rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: the Eminem/Slaughterhouse battle rap show is real

Post by ardamus »

And we have thread for it in our CTR forum which you only go to post your battles in. Damn go figure........
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I haven't been in that forum in 3 months.

M2C is for conversations about the culture in general. i'm here.

not everyone is interested in going to that forum. don't take it personal.

you have anything to say about this show in this thread? or you can't repeat it in another thread?

any bets on who would win? I don't know all the other guys... I don't follow battle rap as religiously as some of y'all do

I just did witness Dizaster get shut down by Pat Stay though, and normally I'd gamble on Diz, but his head isn't even in this show

how good is Aye Verb?
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

My point is thats why we have the battle rap forum.
Hell we already discussed some of the show in thread.
Anyways, you wont listen as usual.
The show seems aight in theory but not involving the leaders of battle leagues within it is a bit sketchy. Figured they would talk a few of those guys.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

id probably watch an episode or two, depends.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i don't like how they're bringing in KOTD guys. those battles are entertaining sure, but i think there's a lane for a battle rap show where they actually ride a beat.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i don't like how they're bringing in KOTD guys. those battles are entertaining sure, but i think there's a lane for a battle rap show where they actually ride a beat.
I'm sure there would be, as well as a lane for a battle rap show with actual freestyling as well. However, from a business standpoint, a capella street battles have no overhead in terms of music clearances and you're essentially dealing with talents' recorded performance on a one-on-one basis. It's a lot cheaper and easier to maintain a consistency in terms of quality. They're also an entirely different beast from the modern a capella battle game, and very, very few rappers have proven capable enough to do both. I think mixing the two types of battlers would just showcase all the parties' shortcomings instead of playing to their strengths.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^ Excellent point.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:a capella street battles have no overhead in terms of music clearances.
time out. has anyone battling over a beat gotten in trouble like that? sounds like some new shit thats happening.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

ardamus wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:a capella street battles have no overhead in terms of music clearances.
time out. has anyone battling over a beat gotten in trouble like that? sounds like some new shit thats happening.
I bet he's talking more about getting those beats played on TV, and what difficulties might be involved there. I'm guessing tho

PEACE

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

peanut butter wrote:
ardamus wrote:
I bet he's talking more about getting those beats played on TV, and what difficulties might be involved there. I'm guessing tho

PEACE
yeah i figured that but they'll in trouble for that now, too? wow.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i watch KOTD for kicks sometimes and it's quite entertaining, but i want to hear something totally different (ride a damn beat!). i hope that since they're on interscope this show would work around the sample clearance issue by using beats they already have the rights to. but the fact that they're bringing in KOTD guys leads me to believe they're going the a capella route.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

ardamus wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
ardamus wrote:

PEACE
That's nothing new. You need clearance for that.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Guess never thought about it in context of a battle rap setting.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

ardamus wrote:Guess never thought about it in context of a battle rap setting.

It's not that you get in "trouble," it's that any major avenue that plays music (radio, tv, even larger internet formats, plays at a baseball or basketball game) those venues/stations have to pay royalties, get clearances, etc.

So there's always money involved when music is played to mass audiences.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

Battles over beats are horrible.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

ardamus wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
ardamus wrote:

PEACE
Isn't that why the HBO Blaze Battles had to completely swap out all of the beats between the original broadcast and the DVD releases?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Ardamus getting mad at people for not going to his irrelevant sub forum :lol:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
ardamus wrote:Guess never thought about it in context of a battle rap setting.

It's not that you get in "trouble," it's that any major avenue that plays music (radio, tv, even larger internet formats, plays at a baseball or basketball game) those venues/stations have to pay royalties, get clearances, etc.

So there's always money involved when music is played to mass audiences.
Pretty much any place that plays music has to pay a yearly fee, I believe. The owner of a coffee shop I worked at got approached by some BMI or ASCAP dude when he opened up, and he has to pay an annual fee if he wants to play anything besides generic coffee shop CDs.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Thun

Post by Thun »

Guys I think that playing music publicly costs money.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

suck it, pp
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

the shazam app snitches on places that play music if your location settings are on.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

i like you guys

thread is much funnier than expected

battling is an acquired taste... but it has its worth

like breakdancing or DMC/ITF turntable battles, they have their own structure

deal with it

et voila

:copy:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

sean wrote:the shazam app snitches on places that play music if your location settings are on.
:ohhh: had no idea. I wondered why that feature had been recently added.

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

17 minute Shady Records cypher - http://www.vevo.com/watch/eminem/SHADY- ... UV71402764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Detroit vs Everybody (Eminem, Danny Brown, Big Sean, Royce Da 5'9, Dej Loaf, Trick Trick) - http://www.vevo.com/watch/eminem/Detroit-Vs-Everybody-(Audio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)/USUV71402761