Rappers Are Bad With Money #342,626 (Ludacris edition)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

step one

Rappers Are Bad With Money #342,626 (Ludacris edition)

Post by step one »

And to think they called him lazy cuz his crib had an elevator in it...
Ludacris can't afford to pay thousands of dollars in child support -- and he's blaming his financial woes on the death of his "Fast and Furious" co-star Paul Walker.

Ludacris was in court Wednesday with his baby mama, Tamika Fuller ... who's demanding Luda pay her $15K a month to take care of his 2-month-old baby daughter, Cai.

But Luda went to court and told the judge ... he was counting on "Fast and Furious 7" money to make his payments, and the movie is now on hold so his payday went away.

Luda claims he can only pay $1,800 a month -- confessing he only made around $55K for 2013.

The judge split the baby down the middle, ordering Luda to pay 7K a month for now ... while hizzoner reviews all the financial docs.

By the way ... Tyrese also claimed relative poverty in his child support case because of Walker's deat

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/20/ludacris- ... z2uB0uxQaT
:fail:
Surely he could be ghost writing for 2Chainz or something ?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Escobar305

Re: Rappers Are Bad With Money #342,626 (Ludacris edition)

Post by Escobar305 »

mods?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i mean.. the $55K is obviously a lie. just hope a full audit by the IRS doesn't come next i guess

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:mods?
you're doing it wrong faggot. Get back to your posting on your idoneheartpusha tumblr page and let us know when Meek Mill posts a 36 second youtube clip of him ordering a burger somewhere.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Escobar305 wrote:mods?
letting this thread breathe because of this song
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

$55k? Is he not doing shows? I'm pretty sure he could make that in a month if he wanted to.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

his verse on this would have you think otherwise as well. damn luda

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i guess his headphone brand wasn't such a great idea.

does anybody even buy these biter beats headphones anyhow? i don't even like beats to start.

of course, he's throwing a lowball amount. he's better off fighting for full custody so he knows where his kid's money is actually going to.
at least that's what my non-parent self thinks.

between fast and furious money and getting 2 chainz royalties, he probably gets at least six figures a year.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

blastmaster wrote:$55k? Is he not doing shows? I'm pretty sure he could make that in a month if he wanted to.
I would think his royalties alone would be in excess of this. Fast & Furious 6 came out in 2013 also.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Its the rappers' lament. Act all big ballin playa boss like in your songs and videos but then take the shame of claiming you're broke when the child support people come calling.

#prayforLuda

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

step one wrote:Its the rappers' lament. Act all big ballin playa boss like in your songs and videos but then take the shame of claiming you're broke when the child support people come calling.

#prayforLuda
to be fair, this is a little different than the circumstances of many rappers. There are tons of rappers who ball on record and literally can't afford to move out of the projects, or who have 1 or 2 decent selling albums and then lose steam and popularity and go broke quickly. Luda has made some very serious money - if not from rap (which he should have made good money from as well, unless he had an atrocious deal) - then from acting. In Luda's case it's probably much more of a situation where he spends it as quick as he makes it and then hit a dry spell and quickly ran through his reserves maintaining the lifestyle he'd built for himself.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

new money ain't old money

old money lasts for generations
new money gets spent on the yearly taxes of that stupid large house that gets a zillion instagram likes

my boat got a boat

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

step one wrote:Its the rappers' lament. Act all big ballin playa boss like in your songs and videos but then take the shame of claiming you're broke when the child support people come calling.

#prayforLuda
You are a tremendous faggot
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

step one

Post by step one »

Hayzoos wrote:

#prayforLuda
You are a tremendous faggot
Thread is about money and women. You don't get to comment until you've touched a boob and travelled further than the local mall.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

kid's don't cost 15K per month. not even 7k for that matter.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

^^
the law is (i think) geared around paying an amount that lets the spouse/kids maintain a lifestyle that they are accustomed to.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

maybe Shawn Jay of Field Mob can look into this

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

anyone that doesn't realize luda is lying to get out of paying that ridiculous amount of child support is a moron

in my opinion whoever demands to have custody of a kid should take care of the kid on their own, there should be no such thing as forced child support. Also, when there is a divorce no one should get anyone else's money. The 2 parties should go their separate ways, and fully retain their own funds. The marriage laws right now are complete bullshit.

step one

Post by step one »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
in my opinion whoever demands to have custody of a kid should take care of the kid on their own, there should be no such thing as forced child support. Also, when there is a divorce no one should get anyone else's money. The 2 parties should go their separate ways, and fully retain their own funds. The marriage laws right now are complete bullshit.
I suppose it could be a real problem for you if you ever end up married with a well paid job.

Probably nothing for you to worry about though.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Ludacris is not broke. He's doing very well. It's all a ruse, just to keep him from paying child support.

Doesn't he travel around on his own plane?
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

I was going to say, how is he bad with money? Sounds like he's quite clever with it.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

step one wrote:
I suppose it could be a real problem for you if you ever end up married with a well paid job.

You are neither funny nor hurtful. Do you think these kind of posts are funny when you write them?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:

lol LLB much?

So, do you agree with my point or not?

observe911

Post by observe911 »

Tell that bitch to find a job..the child support money should go to the day care or baby sitter to take care of the kid while she's at work..
PAWGing

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

Why is the fact luda is a broke ass nigga such a hard thing for some of yall to believe. like come on.. does he look like the type of person who would be good with money. the answer: no
why: he's black

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

sean wrote:new money ain't old money

old money lasts for generations
new money gets spent on the yearly taxes of that stupid large house that gets a zillion instagram likes

my boat got a boat
new money gets stolen by Mt. Gox :fail:

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Shiftshock wrote:Why is the fact luda is a broke ass nigga such a hard thing for some of yall to believe. like come on.. does he look like the type of person who would be good with money. the answer: no
You know he gets residuals from the Fast and Furious movies, right? The last two made over 600 million each. There is zero chance he made 55k total in 2013.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

Kony Montana wrote:
Shiftshock wrote:Why is the fact luda is a broke ass nigga such a hard thing for some of yall to believe. like come on.. does he look like the type of person who would be good with money. the answer: no
You know he gets residuals from the Fast and Furious movies, right? The last two made over 600 million each. There is zero chance he made 55k total in 2013.
yeah and warren sapp made 80 million dollars his entire football career but yet nigga was dead broke.
shit happens

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Look, if his royalties were as low as even .01% of the gross of the last movie, he cleared over $70,000. He's claiming he made 55k for the whole year, not that his total net worth is 55k. Even if he didn't earn a single dollar for the rest of the year, which isn't likely, his claim is impossible.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

board full of financial guru's.

why the fuck do i pay people to help me guard my shit?
i should just come here to get my financial advice.