TheTed

Re: kid cudi

Post by TheTed »

It's trash.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

Given Kid Cudi's well-publicized split with Kanye West's G.O.O.D. music, it was jarring to hear his recognizable vocals sampled on Yeezus: "If you love me so much then why'd you let me go-o-o-o-oooo?" he belts on "Guilt Trip". Turns out that vocal is a few years old and Cudi wasn't happy to hear it on the song, he tells Complex (via MTV).
"I discovered that I was on the song via Twitter," he said. "I saw kids hitting me up, like, 'Are you on 'Guilt Trip?!' or saying 'Great job!' and I'm like, 'What the fuck is everyone talking about?" He explained that he recognized the song and the beat instantly once he listened. He was initially pleased, but quickly changed his mind: "Why not call me and have me come in there and give it? Why underuse me?" he asked. "Why put four bars of vocals to coax my fans into thinking this is a legitimate Kid Cudi feature on this song and it isn't?"
"Same deal with the G.O.O.D. Music album, the compilation," he continued. "Had I not given Kanye 'Creepers' [for "The Morning"], my only presence would've been on that one song, that I can't even remember the title for. I would've barely been on that album."
It's also easy to interpret the Cudi sample on "Guilt Trip" as a sly wink aimed at Cudi—it sounds like Cudi is asking, "If you love me so much then why'd you let me go [from G.O.O.D. Music]?"
:bunk:

Req

Post by Req »

dont think there's ever been a rapper where the ego to actual skills ratio is so far out of whack

dude is absolutely terrible.
F.U. MOOLAH

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Req wrote:dont think there's ever been a rapper where the ego to actual skills ratio is so far out of whack

I'm not a big fan at all, but :larry:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Req wrote:dont think there's ever been a rapper where the ego to actual skills ratio is so far out of whack

Most shitty rappers know they suck, or at the very least are average, they just don't give a shit. This dude literally believes he's Hendrix meets Kanye yet he's absolute ass.
F.U. MOOLAH

observe911

Post by observe911 »

Req wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

Most shitty rappers know they suck, or at the very least are average, they just don't give a shit. This dude literally believes he's Hendrix meets Kanye yet he's absolute ass.

He's not a shitty rapper..hip hop fans underestimate the talent it takes to structure songs and make them sound good..it's not an easy task..you just can't have someone like Buckshot get on a YG or Future song and think he's gonna do a good job..he'll most likely fail..
PAWGing

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

observe911 wrote:
Req wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

He's not a shitty rapper..hip hop fans underestimate the talent it takes to structure songs and make them sound good..
He is absolutely a shitty rapper. So what, he can arrange a song? Take your word for it, he's still one of the worst rappers I've ever heard.

Req

Post by Req »

observe911 wrote:hip hop fans underestimate the talent it takes to structure songs and make them sound good..it's not an easy task..
he does none of these things well :lol:

you're acting like he's Pharrel or Kanye. He's not even Charles Hamilton.
F.U. MOOLAH

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

aight lets not go crazy here

cudis output has been iffy since his second man on the moon album, but that first one and the mixtape thing he put out before that was cool.

that alone should at least rank him above charles 'i shoulda just been a producer' hamilton

:megaman:

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

Other than day n nite, everything he's ever done has been iffy.