Intuition & Equalibrum

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Gyangsta 4 Life

Re: Intuition & Equalibrum

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

intuition wrote:thanks willie and b.dids...

here's a new video:

Move to Bacon Bra? http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=134656

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

facebook videos prolly can't be embedded but this is a cool little clip my buddy put together of the release party.

https://www.facebook.com/itsintuition/p ... 0888631324

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

so, Lee, can I get an answer on Equalibrium. :lol:
or how about that dude B-Sides you were working with?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

sorry ardy, i don't manage mark's affairs. just reach out. i don't know if b-sides (mark's brother matt) is still making beats anymore or not tbh.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
intuition wrote:thanks willie and b.dids...

here's a new video:

Move to Bacon Bra? http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=134656
Tui with the Bacon Bra sweatpants.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nice video man. If Joey Lawrence never got hair plugs you could be twins.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i look like so many white people.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Especially bald ones with beards. A cab driver in Phuket told me I looked like the transporter when I had my nicely manicured beard.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

The video for STFU is the realest shit ever. That was me in every single fight with my ex. Sitting on the couch. Exactly like that.

Love the album, man. Great summer music. And Imagining makes me choke up a bit. Always a good sign.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Oh and y'all gotta quit hating on joggers. So much room to let your dick swing. So comfy.

Dids

Post by Dids »

" Great summer music. And Imagining makes me choke up a bit. Always a good sign."

This.

I can't think of many songs that attempt what Imagining does and pull it off without seeming sappy/manipulative/forced. Just a really great, honest song.

Post by 907 »

This album is really fucking good, well done.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

album is great.....

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Is Fantano going to review the album, bro?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

My nig Tui. Was bumping Buzz the other day thinking I need to hear some more intuition ish, this came right on time.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Is Fantano going to review the album, bro?
I doubt it but would be coo.

Thanks hellriser, sup shup? Havent seen you round here forever!

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

On my second listen all the way through and I must say I really like it. You're 3-3, Lee.

I was actually in the small minority that enjoyed GLM more than SAN and while this one may not be as "fun", I think it may be your best one yet. Excellent work. It's already starting to grow on me. :pause:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I got to purchase a copy of this.

:icedit:

I just ordered it.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Smithee wrote: I was actually in the small minority that enjoyed GLM more than SAN and while this one may not be as "fun", I think it may be your best one yet. Excellent work. It's already starting to grow on me. :pause:
Don't even think that was a minority opinion. It was just emp sucking up a shitload of air. SAN was great for someone who posts on the same messageboard as you, whereas GLM stood on its own as a great album, IMO. Having listened through a couple times this is my favorite of the three though.

How are sales, Tui? About what you were expecting? Better? Worse?

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

PopeyeJones wrote: How are sales, Tui? About what you were expecting? Better? Worse?
way better than we ever expected. didn't really get to enjoy how fast pre-sales moved because i just got worried about shipping and taxes.

didn't pay for any PR, or even try to pander to blogs or sites for posts. released it completely independently. funded the record with a 3K loan from my brother and we made that back literally in the first hour of presales. beyond that it's all whatever. not profitable enough to quit all other work, but enough to be a stress during tax season.

if i could find a booking agent to believe in us it could probably be a full time gig at this point. we consistently draw 300+ people in los angeles (which is notorious for not supporting local rap acts) with next to no press and relatively small social media metrics. so that feels like something and we're happy about it, but it's like pissing yourself in black pants: makes you feel warm but no one else seems to notice.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

intuition wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote: How are sales, Tui? About what you were expecting? Better? Worse?
way better than we ever expected. didn't really get to enjoy how fast pre-sales moved because i just got worried about shipping and taxes.

didn't pay for any PR, or even try to pander to blogs or sites for posts. released it completely independently. funded the record with a 3K loan from my brother and we made that back literally in the first hour of presales. beyond that it's all whatever. not profitable enough to quit all other work, but enough to be a stress during tax season.

if i could find a booking agent to believe in us it could probably be a full time gig at this point. we consistently draw 300+ people in los angeles (which is notorious for not supporting local rap acts) with next to no press and relatively small social media metrics. so that feels like something and we're happy about it, but it's like pissing yourself in black pants: makes you feel warm but no one else seems to notice.
congrats on all of this. I really think if you guys linked up with another act or two for a tour you guys would be able to keep building a larger fanbase slow and steady.

DLG

Post by DLG »

intuition wrote:

:cheers: :cheers:

:phila:

Dids

Post by Dids »

That's awesome Tui.

I have a hard time saying which of SAN and GLM is better, because they're such different albums with such different intents. GLM's more polished, and the change is his voice is welcome, but I like the substance of SAN a bit more in spots. (This album is by far the best of the three, and that's now throwing any shade at the first two, it's just a legit great record).

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

^ ^ ^ i totally don't get offended about old records. in my eyes, old stuff sucks as soon as the next thing comes out. i know they mean something to some people, but they are just like awkward photos of past years for me.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

intuition wrote:

Really good to hear, and really happy for your guys, man. :cheers:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Loving the album so far.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Congrats on the success, been listening nonstop for a week, still great. This is the first Tui' related music I've heard/copped, which album would you recommend checking out next?

Dids

Post by Dids »

Brougham33 wrote:Congrats on the success, been listening nonstop for a week, still great. This is the first Tui' related music I've heard/copped, which album would you recommend checking out next?
Given what I think I know about your tastes, you'd probably like SAN more than GLM, but likely will enjoy both.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

copped it. good shit, lee.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Only 3/4 thru but I can already tell how this album is shaping up. I'll echo the majority in saying this is the best work to date. Extremely polished and I might have said this before, but you can really tell Lee is in his comfort zone. A few of the other albums, you sometimes got the feel he wasn't sure if he was in the right lane. The confidence in the writing and the delivery has really matured. The marriage between Intuition and Eq is like Brad and Angie. A very intimate and personal album.

There is something about this album that reminds me a lot like Below The Heavens. You can almost see some similarities, at least in the voice, with Lee and Blu. A really great album.