[UW] - LOADED LUX VS. HOLLOW DA DON (official release)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Who won?

Loaded Lux.
33%
Hollow Da Don.
33%
Debatable.
17%
Neither. They both lost.
17%

Total votes: 6

ardamus
O.G. Status

[UW] - LOADED LUX VS. HOLLOW DA DON (official release)

Post by ardamus »

U DUBB PRESENTS LOADED LUX VS HOLLOW DA DON (full HD)
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Thun

Re: [UW] - LOADED LUX VS. HOLLOW DA DON (official release)

Post by Thun »

Lux. His gimmick is getting tired but his lyrics, flow, overall performance is consistent and he survived the admittedly impressive damage that Hollow handed out. This one of the greatest battles ever and I'm glad I was there.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Was rooting for Hollow but Lux took this one, but not by a big margin.

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

I had Hollow the first time I watched it. I had Lux this time. Really, pretty even.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Hollow's acting enraged because Lux wanted to get paid is seriously the dumbest thing ever.

Rabbi Jihadovich

his angle was to get the crowd on his side because you paid 100 bucks to be there.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Oh I earn a living wage so I guess I wasn't the target audience.

Rabbi Jihadovich

No Thun, not you specifically, but his target audience for the most part patronized the event. True?
If that is the case, the angle was not a bad one, ergo not the dumbest thing ever.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Calicos dad was coonin hard.

He should have stepped up quietly and not said a word.

This is probably the pinnacle of battle rap.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:No Thun, not you specifically, but his target audience for the most part patronized the event. True?
If that is the case, the angle was not a bad one, ergo not the dumbest thing ever.
I didn't do a demographic assessment survey or a focus group, so I can't answer your presumably serious question. For the most part, Hollow's angle was not especially effective in the building and he was booed several times.

Rabbi Jihadovich

We're all working off of presumptions here i suppose. I guess Hollow was working off of the presumption that his angle would be effective, cause like me, he thought the average battle rap fan would not be too happy to pay 100 bucks to go see an event. All in all, my simple point was that I did not think that it was the "the dumbest thing ever".

Yo, what are your stats like on ratemyprofessor.com? I imagine that your students absolutely adore your condescending way of speaking! (again, working off of a presumption)

Thun

Post by Thun »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:We're all working off of presumptions here i suppose. I guess Hollow was working off of the presumption that his angle would be effective, cause like me, he thought the average battle rap fan would not be too happy to pay 100 bucks to go see an event. All in all, my simple point was that I did not think that it was the "the dumbest thing ever".

Yo, what are your stats like on ratemyprofessor.com? I imagine that your students absolutely adore your condescending way of speaking! (again, working off of a presumption)
My last teaching gig (no longer in that line of work) was at a maximum security prison with no access to internet so I don't have those metrics for you either.

Everyone in attendance was perfectly ecstatic to be there. Would any of us preferred to have paid less than $100? Um, of course. Is $100 a make or break thing even for broke people in the US in 2014? Not usually. Did anyone really get angry personally at Lux for the ticket price? No. Not even at Hollow's insistence.

Rabbi Jihadovich

So you didn't do demographic assessments or focus groups at the event, but you were able to gauge that everyone was perfectly ecstatic to be there and nobody got angry at Lux for the ticket price. Good to know.

Also, 100 bucks is a lot for a rap battle/or any show in the US in 2014 in my opinion, and I'm not anywhere close to broke.

You are worse to disagree with than my wife.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:So you didn't do demographic assessments or focus groups at the event, but you were able to gauge that everyone was perfectly ecstatic to be there and nobody got angry at Lux for the ticket price. Good to know.

Also, 100 bucks is a lot for a rap battle/or any show in the US in 2014 in my opinion, and I'm not anywhere close to broke.

You are worse to disagree with than my wife.
The wait just to get inside was horrendously long and there was plenty of complaining the whole time. From what I observed, nobody was balling up their fists cursing Loaded Lux. Pretty much everyone I talked to was in good spirits about the match-ups, about the event itself, in spite of some of the logistical problems. I suppose I could have missed a brewing anti-Lux lynch mob ... but where were they during the actual battle? Even when Lux took his sweet time getting to the stage, people were fine when he started rapping.

I'm sorry that Hollow's gimmick didn't work. I'm really, sincerely sorry. Can I make it up to you?

Right, 100 bucks is a lot. IN SPITE OF THAT, nobody wanted to strangle Loaded Lux. Again, I'm sorry about that.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Thun, you win!
"Hollow's acting enraged because Lux wanted to get paid is seriously the dumbest thing ever."
Thanks for taking the time out and clarifying things to me.