Cormega - Mega Philosophy

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

WiCkEd22

Re: Cormega - Mega Philosophy

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Pretty good album! I think it's in the Top 10 of the year for me, but definitely Top 15...

Here's 3 things though... I'm disappointed that it's so short (only 33 minutes), all the singing, and the fact there's NO SCRATCHING on any track. Oh, and the beat for MARS is good, but I expected more.

My favorite joints are... 02. "MARS" feat. AZ, Redman & Styles P, 03. "Industry", 08. "Rap Basquiat" and 10. "Home" featuring Black Rob.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:sooo hype to hear Nature and Mega together. that's BIG for anyone who gives a fuck about QB (which most young rap "fans" probably don't)
for someone that gives a fuck about QB you seem to have missed the numerous songs theyve been on together

DJ1Mic

Post by DJ1Mic »

^^^ 'professional style' off that one in between mega project

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Here's the brand new remix of a really dope joint off the new Cormega album produced by The Large Professor...

Source: http://nahright.com/news/2014/07/29/cor ... crew-remix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://soundcloud.com/respect-magazine/premiere-cormega-feat-craig-g

step one

Post by step one »

WiCkEd22 wrote:I'm disappointed that it's so short (only 33 minutes), all the singing, and the fact there's NO SCRATCHING on any track.
lol at your life since 1995 being a series of unavoidable disappointments and let downs.

Large Professor's beard is more Hip Hop than your entire existence.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I attained a greater appreciation for Large Pro's production on this album once I listened to it on some good headphones. I generally didn't like the singing on the few tracks that did have it.

Another thing I noticed is that majority of the features just seemed lazy and mailed in. However, with all that being said this is still a top 3 album of 2014 for me. Mega raps his ass off and delivers a great mature, focused performance. 8/10

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Larry2times wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:sooo hype to hear Nature and Mega together. that's BIG for anyone who gives a fuck about QB (which most young rap "fans" probably don't)
for someone that gives a fuck about QB you seem to have missed the numerous songs theyve been on together
i've heard them together on a few joints, i know it's not their first time

but this is for one of their projects, and not a mixtape or anything.

i spoke to Cormega and he was like "I got a song with Nature on my album!" and he said it with hella pride

i like the 'Industry' remix... real dope and solid song, and strong crew track. Kool G Rap fucking killllls it

big up this kind of rap music :bow: NEW YORK CITY NEEDS THIS
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

House of Games

Post by House of Games »

its not a great record, and mega is my all time favorite MC

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Here’s my 3½ hour Large Professor produced special from my radio show last Summer. I spun all original vinyl with the exception of three songs I played off CD. The show turned out pretty damn good and big ups to egotripland (http://www.egotripland.com/large-profes ... radio-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) for featuring it on their dope site...

The Wicked Takeover on MHz “Large Professor Produced 1989-1999”
- Mixed Live by Wicked on 90.1fm KZSU Stanford, CA 07/01/2012 (10pm-1:45am)

01. The Large Professor feat. Cormega & Tragedy Khadafi - Focused Up [Prod. by The Large Professor - 2012] Fat Beats PROFESSOR AT LARGE (CD)
02. Intro with Wicked & Raymundo
03. The Large Professor - I Justwannachill (Instrumental) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1996] Geffen 12”
04. Tragedy feat. Havoc of Mobb Deep & The Large Professor - Da Funk Mode [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] White Label 12”
05. Mad Skillz - Skillz In ’95 [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1995] Big Beat FROM WHERE??? (LP) 12”
06. The Large Professor - That Bullshit [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1994] Paul Sea THE LP (LP)
07. Akinyele - I Luh Hur [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Interscope VAGINA DINER (LP)
08. A Tribe Called Quest feat. The Large Professor - Keep It Rollin’ [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Jive MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS (LP)
09. Gang Starr - Gotta Get Over (Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1992] Chrysalis 12”
10. Mobb Deep - Peer Pressure [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1992] 4th & B’way JUVENILE HELL (LP)
11. Nasty Nas - Half Time [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1992] Ruffhouse/Columbia ZEBRAHEAD SOUNDTRACK (LP) 12”
12. Slick Rick - It’s A Boy (Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Def Jam 12”
13. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo feat. The Large Professor, Freddie Foxx & Ant Live - Money In The Bank [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1990] Cold Chillin’/Warner Bros. WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE (LP)
14. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Streets Of New York [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1990] Cold Chillin’/Warner Bros. WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE (LP) 12”
15. Eric B. & Rakim - In The Ghetto [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1990] MCA LET THE RHYTHM HIT ’EM (LP)
16. Main Source - Time (Alternative Mix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1992] Diggers With Gratitude LOST SCIENCE (7”)
17. Akinyele feat. D.J. Rob Swift - Checkmate [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Interscope VAGINA DINER (LP)
18. The Large Professor - The LP [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1995] Paul Sea THE LP (LP)
19. Nas - It Ain’t Hard To Tell (Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1994] Columbia Promo 12”
20. Common Sense feat. DJ Sinister - Resurrection (Extra P. Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1995] Relativity 12”
21. The Large Professor - The Mad Scientist [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1996] Geffen 12”
22. Neek The Exotic feat. The Large Professor - Exotic’s Raw [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1998] Wastelanz 12”
23. Neek The Exotic - Turn It Out (Instrumental) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1999] Freeze 12”
24. Talk Break with Raymundo
25. Neek The Exotic feat. Joe Flav - Muthafuckin Man [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1999] Large BACKS N’ NECKS (EP)
26. Slick Rick - I Sparkle [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1999] Overbrook/Interscope WILD WILD WEST SOUNDTRACK (LP)
27. The Large Professor feat. Nas - One Plus One [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1996] Paul Sea THE LP (LP)
28. Nas feat. Biz Markie & AZ - Understanding [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1995] White Label 12”
29. Mad Skillz feat. The Large Professor & Q-Tip - Extra Abstract Skillz [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1995] Big Beat FROM WHERE??? (LP) Promo 12”
30. Organized Konfusion feat. The Large Professor - Stress (Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1994] Hollywood Basic 12”
31. Big Daddy Kane - N!ggaz Never Learn [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Cold Chillin‘/Reprise LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR... (LP)
32. Big L - Unexpected Flava [Prod. by The Large Professor / Co-Produced by Lord Finesse - 1992] Underboss/No Sleep RARE SELECTIONS EP VOL. 1 (12”)
33. Lord Finesse - Isn’t He Something (Extra P. Session Mix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Fat Beats FROM THE CRATES TO THE FILES ...THE LOST SESSIONS (LP)
34. The Jaz - It’s Your Nature [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] EMI YA DON‘T STOP (EP)
35. Nasty Nas - Nas Will Prevail [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Original Demo Tape (CD)
36. Intelligent Hoodlum - Game Type [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1990] A&M INTELLIGENT HOODLUM (LP)
37. Main Source - Snake Eyes [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1990] Wild Pitch BREAKING ATOMS (LP)
38. Nikki D - Your Man Is My Man [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Def Jam/Columbia DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL (LP) 12”
39. MC Shan feat. Neek The Exotic, Diesel, Kool G Rap & Snow - Pee-Nile Reunion [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Livin’ Large 12”
40. Beastie Boys - Sure Shot (Large Professor Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1994] Capitol 12”
41. Leaders Of The New School - What’s Next? (Large Professor Remix) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Elektra 12”
42. Akinyele feat. D.J. Rob Swift - Ak Ha Ha! Ak Hoo Hoo! [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1993] Interscope VAGINA DINER (LP) 12”
43. Main Source - Bootlegging [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1992] Diggers With Gratitude LOST SCIENCE (7”)
44. Main Source - Atom [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1989] Actual 12”
45. Nasty Nas - I’m A Villain [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Original Demo Tape (CD)
46. Main Source feat. Nasty Nas, Akinyele & Joe Fatal - Live At The Barbeque [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Wild Pitch BREAKING ATOMS (LP) 12”
47. Main Source - Live At The Barbeque (Instrumental) [Prod. by The Large Professor - 1991] Wild Pitch BREAKING ATOMS (LP) 12”
48. Outro with The Friendly Traveler, Wicked & Raymundo
49. The Large Professor on The Stretch Armstrong Show with Stretch & Bobbito on 89.9 WKCR New York 11/11/1993 (tape) *
* Featuring Organized Konfusion, O.C., Mr. Complex, Kool Keith, T.R. Love, Cage, Lord Sear and T2 with all beats played LIVE off The Large Professor’s SP-1200.

http://soundcloud.com/shaun-d-aka-wicked/the-wicked-takeover-large-professor-produced

Size: 410mb
Length: 03:44:14
Quality: 256 kbps
Listen/DL: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/PPVtoF9LY7/T ... ).mp3.html

Raymundo Presents...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1 KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online: http://kzsu.stanford.edu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Official Website: http://www.MHzRadio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/BayAreaWicked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/user/WiCkEd408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.hulkshare.com/wicked22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mixcrate.com/wicked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Tune in the 1st Sunday of each month as I bring you all sorts of REAL muthafuckin Hiphop LIVE in the Mix using 2 turntables, a mixer and all original vinyl. That's right, no mp3's and no computers! Expect to hear all sorts of rare joints, b-sides, remixes and album cuts along with the joints you know and love from the 80s, 90s, and 2k. I dig DEEP in the crates... ”

Listen/DL: http://www.divshare.com/download/18585912-cb0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Akinyele & The Large Professor on The Stretch Armstrong Show with Stretch & Bobbito on 89.9 WKCR New York 11/04/1993 (tape)

^During this interview & freestyle session, Akinyele talks about the Source Magazine article by some chick who harshly criticized his lyrics on his Vagina Diner album, especially on the song “I Luh Huh”. You also hear Large Professor dissin the fuck outta Main Source! And they also play the EXTREMELY RARE “Break A Bitch Neck” joint by Akinyele featuring Kool G Rap (produced by The Large Professor). For anyone who doesn‘t know, there were only 10-18 copies of that Test Press 12-inch pressed... And it sells for $3000-$4000. haha

Listen/DL: http://www.divshare.com/download/18577851-77c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- The Large Professor on The Stretch Armstrong Show with Stretch & Bobbito on 89.9 WKCR New York 11/11/1993 (tape) *
* Featuring Organized Konfusion, O.C., Mr. Complex, Kool Keith, T.R. Love, Cage, Lord Sear and T2 with all beats played LIVE off The Large Professor’s SP-1200.

^I edited the file so that this version of the show features only the talk breaks and freestyle sessions fused together as one 66 minute track! You should recognize a few of the beats as they were used by Large Professor himself, Tragedy, Akinyele and Mad Skillz. And big ups to DJ Eclipse for bein the one to record that whole 5 hour Stretch & Bobbito show live back on Thursday night November 11, 1993.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this podcast has givin me a better understanding on his "industry" themes on the album

Respect.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

It got to a point where gold was looked at as underachieving, and that's when it all went wrong. Because when artists was first doing it, you could go gold, you could sell 350,000 albums and have a successful career back in the day. People were content with making music that everybody could enjoy. It got to a point where people were making embarrassing music, like making fools of themselves, but making so much money that if you even — we from the era when if you was wack, you was wack — we didn't care if you was rich or what you had. And then it became to the point where wack dudes were starting to get pushed into the limelight, and if you say something about their wackness, then you become — you're a hater. So the word hater had to become a shield. And then it all went downhill from there. It's greed. One of the biggest things that hurt our culture was greed - Cormega
True indeed.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

cant believe i havent heard this version of MARS , im guessing it was before megas album version

what is it from/on?

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Neuro wrote:cant believe i havent heard this version of MARS , im guessing it was before megas album version

what is it from/on?
This "version" of MARS was originally intended for Mega Philosophy as the album was supposed to come out back in 2012, but Large Professor wanted it for his own album Professor @ Large which came out in July 2012.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

BOREmega
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Bronson murks that with a little top 5 white rapper of all time narrative...

"as rain falls on my executive trench with the waist belt,
the base dealt, make your face melt"

CLASSIC... if Scarface spit this is would be looked at as the best verse since AZ/Life's a Bitch
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dusty Fingers wrote:BOREmega

:rofl:

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Dusty Fingers wrote:Bronson murks that with a little top 5 white rapper of all time narrative...

"as rain falls on my executive trench with the waist belt,
the base dealt, make your face melt"

CLASSIC... if Scarface spit this is would be looked at as the best verse since AZ/Life's a Bitch
Wow dusty be a stupid boy.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Verge

Post by Verge »

i like that remix above, horns are dope, sounds like weather report or some shit. never went back to this album after the first listen. I remember it being too short, having too much singing, and mega dropping industry knowledge and other tired topics that didn't sound like anything new or anything i wanna hear again. I might give another listen since his last album had a few joints i still revisit once in a while.

is anything from this new album even coming close to this from his last one?:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »