"I'm the best rapper ever and I need to be respected."

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

"I'm the best rapper ever and I need to be respected."

Post by Employee »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/2 ... 55052.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I just got to back up on this next album, and consistently prove that I'm always the most witty, the most unpredictable," he said, sitting in the makeshift greenroom on the boat's top level. "I got the best stories, the illest punchlines, the hottest interviews." The 33-year-old rapper from Detroit let out his signature laugh, high-pitched and amplified by the gap between his teeth, also a signature. ...

After two smash records, "The Hybrid" and "XXX," and his first proper album, "Old," Brown is decidedly not sitting pretty. "I still don't feel like I have the respect I deserve," he said." I'm the best rapper ever and I need to be respected."

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: "I'm the best rapper ever and I need to be respected."

Post by Philaflava »

​Every rapper at one point in their career has either vocally stated this or thought it. Either way, I have a hard time believing deep down he feels this way. Danny is smart and knows how to whip up some attention. He might think he is the dopest out now​, but ever is not only a stretch but kind of disrespectful. Which means to me he didn't truly mean it. Huff Post = new white followers. "He is the best ever so he must be good, lets Youtube him"

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

he is the best rapper out and has been for a while

its the music he's been making lately thats been holding him back

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Dude has ruined pretty much every track he's guested on the past year or so with THAT voice he insists on doing.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

last 2 posts on point. teh blog echo chamber that licks his ass every time he parrot squacks on an abrasive grime-noise instrumental or mentions liking joy division seems to have skewed his perception on why people started following him to begin with
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

DLG

Post by DLG »

most of his income comes from the turnt up idm festival bangers for white chicks, so you can't really blame him.

if he rapped like the majority of us on this board wanted him to rap all the time, he would have fallen off everyone's radars but ours after Hybrid.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

He used to rap exclusively in the bassy voice pre Hybrid, its cool that he can switch up but idk what possessed him to sqwuak for whole songs. Supposedly he likes E-40 a lot maybe it was just the screamed "bitch" adlib

Someone who made Lincoln Continental knows theres other less painful ways to rap

zombie

Post by zombie »

danny brown is entertaining

*GASP*

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Employee wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/2 ... 55052.html
"I just got to back up on this next album, and consistently prove that I'm always the most witty, the most unpredictable," he said, sitting in the makeshift greenroom on the boat's top level. "I got the best stories, the illest punchlines, the hottest interviews." The 33-year-old rapper from Detroit let out his signature laugh, high-pitched and amplified by the gap between his teeth, also a signature. ...

After two smash records, "The Hybrid" and "XXX," and his first proper album, "Old," Brown is decidedly not sitting pretty. "I still don't feel like I have the respect I deserve," he said." I'm the best rapper ever and I need to be respected."
:rofl: cool dude!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

you can't claim that anymore if you're not speaking for a lot of the people, or at least trying

the best rappers ever capture the zeitgeist and say what everyone is thinking in perfect quotable form :ohhh:

Nas has cats with his lyrics tattooed on their body. Jay-Z's catchphrases define a generation of NYC culture.

Danny Brown is far from there! He's not a piece of shit Drake clone like most new rappers, but he's still mad gassed on his ego right chea
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CheezPizza

Post by CheezPizza »

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/11/ph ... days-remix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rule number one: Keep your fazers on stun

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Let Jaz Down wrote:Dude has ruined pretty much every track he's guested on the past year or so with THAT voice he insists on doing.
His track with Tree on Sunday School 2 is incredible though
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

"dope song" is nice but "dna" is timeless

gotta agree that i miss less shrill danny
Nets 2022

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Hayzoos wrote:
Let Jaz Down wrote:Dude has ruined pretty much every track he's guested on the past year or so with THAT voice he insists on doing.
His track with Tree on Sunday School 2 is incredible though
I'm gonna fucking agree with your faggot ass here, and I'm certainly no Danny Brown fan.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.