My First production. Chopped like salad

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Jesse-velazquez

My First production. Chopped like salad

Post by Jesse-velazquez »

So I've been working on this for a while. I realized to myself, if I keep changing and adding shit to it, I will never finish it. I decided to leave it like this at this point. I did this with Beatmaker 2 off my cellphone. I'm still trying to work out this program and have the beat sound steady. I like it, but I find it gets a little nervous every once and a while, I like the 3rd section of the song most IMO, I wanted to change the sample around and it came out pretty tough that way. Hope you all like it and feel free to leave comments, we all have different tastes. I'm into the primo/pete rock/large pro type shit, but that's just me.

https://soundcloud.com/bodega-soundz/all-i-can-give

ANUBIS5

Re: My First production. Chopped like salad

Post by ANUBIS5 »

This has some really cool chops, drums are really simple but I like it like that. This is a fun beat to listen to.

Jesse-velazquez

Thanks ANUBIS5. Yeah, I'm still trying get a feel of how to overlap the drums, and utilize bass-lines too.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

pretty dope for a phone beat! =) keep it up man. you def got a good ear. get on some real production software tho heh.

Jesse-velazquez

siLLy KiD wrote:pretty dope for a phone beat! =) keep it up man. you def got a good ear. get on some real production software tho heh.
thanks kidd. I finally got an MPC.