Fast Eddie

Rast

Post by Employee »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Rast

Post by drizzle »

spent a fair amount of time pushing this dude in the droog thread but there weren't that many takers

shame because I vastly prefer him to droog. Across West 3rd St EP is for the most part very dope
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle wrote:spent a fair amount of time pushing this dude in the droog thread but there weren't that many takers

shame because I vastly prefer him to droog. Across West 3rd St EP is for the most part very dope
Yeah, I saw that; I agree with your analysis. Reviewing YOD's album right now and it's dope and all that, but Rast is more entertaining, darker, bitingly sardonic etc.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

This autobiography article is a must if you like this dude. I know it's been linked before but as long as we're having a dedicated thread might as well add it

http://massappeal.com/rast-rfc-running- ... p-odyssey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

It's a tough call with YOD and Rast. I like them both a lot but I feel like Droog is soooooo much more polished both as a rapper and his production (which is just awesome loops but whatever) but Rast has a sloppy charm to his stuff that I can't even really put my finger on. If he had better beats I might be more inclined to take him over YOD but, I dunno…They're both dope though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

TBH i'm actually kinda souring on Droog a little as time goes on. The kid is undoubtedly talented but I was hoping the Nas-alike style was just a first step to more interesting things, and so far I'm not seeing them. Hopefully that will change.

Rast is def sloppy and that is a part of the charm, but I'm also counting him in the ranks of AG and Roc and Ka as far as older dudes who experiment with traditional boombap forms to create a kind of forward-thinking or at least esoteric and unusual old-head sound. He's obv nowhere near as technically skilled as them but he draws on the same well of cultural experience is feels of the same strain. And I love that strain so that makes me more biased toward him.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I could see how you might sour on Droog but I liked all the new songs he dropped. The one about his love of guitars ( "48th street") is kinda my shit and totally weird. His problem is he's not gonna be able to really evolve that much. He's always gonna be a really good rapper but that's about it. Rast definitely has something special that is less tangible. But, currently, I'd rather listen to Droog.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Rast was my favorite rapper this year. I caught a drunk driving charge in New Orleans riding around listening to one of his songs. Haven't turned up since.

Kace

Post by Kace »

drizzle wrote:Rast is def sloppy and that is a part of the charm, but I'm also counting him in the ranks of AG and Roc and Ka as far as older dudes who experiment with traditional boombap forms to create a kind of forward-thinking or at least esoteric and unusual old-head sound. He's obv nowhere near as technically skilled as them but he draws on the same well of cultural experience is feels of the same strain. And I love that strain so that makes me more biased toward him.
Although they share many similarities, Rast give off a slightly different (rawer, more radical) vibe then those rappers you mentioned, but I can definitely see him working with them in the future. Rast, Marc and Ka all need to improve on their beats though, those drumless tracks sound awful (no wicked).
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i tried to get into dude's music, but i haven't heard anything that amazed me yet. most of the time i feel like i'm listening to a less polished 50 cent.

not all gangsters make good rappers, surprisingly.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

And not all posters make good Rap Analysts, unsurprisingly.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

anyone can ignore at will.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

MouthPiece

Post by MouthPiece »

drizzle wrote:This autobiography article is a must if you like this dude. I know it's been linked before but as long as we're having a dedicated thread might as well add it

http://massappeal.com/rast-rfc-running- ... p-odyssey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damn, that was an ill little back story piece right there. I've liked what I've heard from the dude.

I know he's got some new ish coming soon but what are the names of his already released projects?

Gotta catch up.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

anyone have that mixtape to share i cant download it from audiomack at all

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Post by 907 »

Blockhead wrote:It's a tough call with YOD and Rast. I like them both a lot but I feel like Droog is soooooo much more polished both as a rapper and his production (which is just awesome loops but whatever) but Rast has a sloppy charm to his stuff that I can't even really put my finger on. If he had better beats I might be more inclined to take him over YOD but, I dunno…They're both dope though.

Isn't this the dude you told a story about robbing you(or ripping you off, or something) once?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Employee wrote:
dope.

his mumbling voice still makes me think of 50 Cent.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

907 wrote:
Blockhead wrote:It's a tough call with YOD and Rast. I like them both a lot but I feel like Droog is soooooo much more polished both as a rapper and his production (which is just awesome loops but whatever) but Rast has a sloppy charm to his stuff that I can't even really put my finger on. If he had better beats I might be more inclined to take him over YOD but, I dunno…They're both dope though.

Isn't this the dude you told a story about robbing you(or ripping you off, or something) once?

Kinda sorta. He used to sell weed in the 90's and he came to my crib and sold me and my boys some shit. I had a bunch of change on top of my dresser that was in bankrolls. When he left I noticed all the rolls of dimes were gone. Like 40 bucks worth. It was more funny than anything.

Kace

Post by Kace »

sleazy_j wrote:
Employee wrote:
dope.

his mumbling voice still makes me think of 50 Cent.
His voice and flow also sound like Tyler The Creator.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Your ears have dicks in them.