Baby Fucks Lil Wayne :pause:

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Baby Fucks Lil Wayne :pause:

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

ardamus wrote:I guess saying they should kiss and make up would be too soon, eh? :pause:

no it wouldn't :rofl: :omggay:

also: rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Baby's been screwing with artist's money since rap was in control tho

Pusha saying anything right now is lolz

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Escobar305 wrote:

you only get paid from cash money by suing them. wendy day told u... :cheers:
Freddie Foxx handled that for Day. Side note, I wonder how many pairs of sneakers Wendy has bought for black dudes over the years?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Didn't he put a gun to Baby's head?

Req

Post by Req »

yeesh
Rap Coalition founder Wendy Day helped broker some of the biggest distribution deals in Hip Hop history including the unprecedented $30 million deal between Cash Money Records and Universal. But when Day was not properly compensated for her efforts in helping the label, one of her friends took it upon himself to make Birdman offer an apology.

Day spoke with Nah Right about her dealings with Cash Money. During the interview she discussed how New York rapper Freddie Foxxx ran up on Birdman with a weapon.

“At one point, one of my artist friends bumped into Birdman and put a gun to his head and made him call and apologize to me, which he did,” said Day. “[Birdman] called me up and said ‘oh, your friend just pulled me out of Hot 97 and I’m here on the street, on my knees and I want to apologize to you.’ I really didn’t care about the apology. I wanted to know, why would somebody s**t on someone that changed their life for the better?”

Day later stated that Foxxx had spoken about the incident before, so she did not feel as if she was incriminating him. Plus, in her view, it had been over seven years, so the statute of limitations for a criminal investigation had passed. She also revealed that Birdman apparently told her that she would need to file a lawsuit against him in order for her to get the money she was due.

“He said to me, ‘Sue me, when I have to pay you, you’ll get paid.’ He said it very nonchalantly and very matter-of-factly, and as time wore on I saw that he didn’t pay anybody,” added Day. “He didn’t pay the t-shirt manufacturers, he didn’t pay the Fruit of Islam for security, he didn’t pay security guards for security, he didn’t pay his staff, he didn’t pay his office rent. They didn’t pay anybody.”
http://allhiphop.com/2014/11/21/industr ... -gunpoint/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
F.U. MOOLAH

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

wendy day is interesting, but i have to take her statements with a grain of salt. for the numerous times she's claimed people hadn't paid her for her leet industry ties, it starts to make me wonder exactly how she made any income. plus the story the Cash Money A&R tells of discovering them is almost conflicting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hittIGYZmmk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i remember reading her blog posts when she took Blood Raw from CTE out on a tour to promote his album. guess that was a non-success story.

her eminem story nah right posted is interesting if true; supposedly Rhymefest made her listen to Eminem's demo, she set up the Rap Olympics battle up as a front to get Eminem press, Wu-Tang was supposed to attend but didn't, and some Project Blowed cats won the battle.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

peanut butter wrote:
PEACE

FUNNIEST THING A RAPPER HAS WRITTEN IN AGES

and for Pusha to write that to Weezy is extra hilarious

MAD FUCKING :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:lol @ Pusha with the advice, like he didnt get shelved when Clipse was on Elektra and then again on Jive and his career isnt solely dependent on which side of the bed Kanye wakes up on.
:rofl:

I was thinking this. It felt like Clipse kinda broke up over how impossible and stupid it was for them to try and release albums.
Remember the fuckory over the release of 'Wamp Wamp'? EYUGCK. :pusha:
Also the fact that Malice wanted NO parts of the street crillz crown that King Push wanted to wear makes this extra ironic but sad and very typical for rap :KANYESHRUG:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

No Tax Refund for Lil Wayne: IRS Claims He Owes $12 Million
https://www.yahoo.com/music/bp/no-tax-r ... 49011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

at least push got better accountants :copy: :cheers:
sleazy_j wrote:so, umm, what happened to that boy?

pusha washed that boy years ago...on songs and interviews

"first time he touched a gun, he shot his cot damn self..." :lol:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Req wrote:yeesh
Rap Coalition founder Wendy Day helped broker some of the biggest distribution deals in Hip Hop history including the unprecedented $30 million deal between Cash Money Records and Universal. But when Day was not properly compensated for her efforts in helping the label, one of her friends took it upon himself to make Birdman offer an apology.

Day spoke with Nah Right about her dealings with Cash Money. During the interview she discussed how New York rapper Freddie Foxxx ran up on Birdman with a weapon.

“At one point, one of my artist friends bumped into Birdman and put a gun to his head and made him call and apologize to me, which he did,” said Day. “[Birdman] called me up and said ‘oh, your friend just pulled me out of Hot 97 and I’m here on the street, on my knees and I want to apologize to you.’ I really didn’t care about the apology. I wanted to know, why would somebody s**t on someone that changed their life for the better?”

Day later stated that Foxxx had spoken about the incident before, so she did not feel as if she was incriminating him. Plus, in her view, it had been over seven years, so the statute of limitations for a criminal investigation had passed. She also revealed that Birdman apparently told her that she would need to file a lawsuit against him in order for her to get the money she was due.

“He said to me, ‘Sue me, when I have to pay you, you’ll get paid.’ He said it very nonchalantly and very matter-of-factly, and as time wore on I saw that he didn’t pay anybody,” added Day. “He didn’t pay the t-shirt manufacturers, he didn’t pay the Fruit of Islam for security, he didn’t pay security guards for security, he didn’t pay his staff, he didn’t pay his office rent. They didn’t pay anybody.”
http://allhiphop.com/2014/11/21/industr ... -gunpoint/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On some real shit tho, what part of the game is risking your freedom for a fat white bitch over a money situation that doesn't directly affect you?

Either Wendy paid freddie foxxx a large sum to do that shit or he is on some captain save a hoe shit.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

sleazy_j wrote:wendy day is interesting, but i have to take her statements with a grain of salt. for the numerous times she's claimed people hadn't paid her for her leet industry ties, it starts to make me wonder exactly how she made any income.
Ive heard her say a few times she makes fuck all money. rapper social worker

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i read some people speculating that pulling that stunt in broad daylight in the area it is located would have been a tough task.

ever since i heard that song of his son rapping that he put on one of his albums, i lost interest in freddie foxxx. then again, i never heard of the dude until the early 2000s anyhow.

talking about wayne's money and business, i'd say wayne lacks any hindsight of how to conduct business by himself solely due to only doing business with the same people his entire life. even if people like pusha or curren$y or ghostface went through many labels and deals, at least they gain some sort of hindsight from it. on the other hand, i have no idea what Juvenile is thinking.

in regards to wendy day's pay, i remember reading in somewhere, probably her bio or bomb the suburbs, that she went out of her way and bought a house in NY in the late 80s just so she could have license plates that said RUN DMC on them.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

The saga continues! Last night outside of the club, Cortez tells TMZ everything's good between Weezy and CM, though he also says he's still cool with Tyga, so it's safe to assume he's full of shit. Meanwhile, Wayne hasn't apparently got the message that it's all gravy:
I am a prisoner and so is my creativity Again,I am truly sorry and I don't blame ya if ya fed up with waiting 4 me & this album. But thk u
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Cortez Bryant is the management/label liason between Weezy and Baby. It's literally impossible for him to tell the truth unless he's putting out a press release :rofl:

Yes Req. Lil Wayne needs to go and be the star of OVO Sound for a minute with Drizzy and fuck up the whole rap game even more :rofl:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

but this delay also obscures the fact that there was NO buzz for the album at all, for the whole damn year :blank:

the first single 'Grindin' with Drake was ehhh. It was like a throwaway Drizzy song featuring Weezy :naswtf:

second song 'D'Usse' was PRETTY AWESOME but became a mixtape song apparently :ohsh: :bunk:

then 'Krazy' came out and did nothing :blank:

now this new single came out with Christian Milian and it's like a cliche love song with sprinkles of Drakeisms in it

that's a year of flopping songs buzzing for Carter V, and even the news it was being split into two albums didn't do much but make more of an excuse for any of them to be shitty, which it is possible they are, because Weezy is pretty much running out of ways to talk about money, pussy, guns and drugs and money and drugs and guns and pussy :wtf:

that song 'Gotti' with the Lox was very fuckin slammin' tho :copy:

still expect 'Carter V' to underwhelm, hopefully not as bad as 'Carter IV' :killacam: which was ATROCIOUS, even with all the guests

Cash Money is outta control

hustler

Post by hustler »

mindbender could you stop saying things are "outta control"?
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

hustler wrote:mindbender could you stop saying things are "outta control"?
no fucking way, dude.

ARE YOU KIDDING? :rofl:

i'm literally laughing at the thought I would stop saying that :rofl: :rofl:

I been saying it since EPMD said it in 1992, motherfucker. RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL AND HIP HOP IS DEAD :copy:

AT LEAST :wutang: IS FOREVER :ironmike:

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

They said it in 1990.

If thats true, probably isnt, if it is though youve been repeating an actual irl catchphrase apropos of nothing for 20+ years. How are you not a vagrant

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
no fucking way, dude.

I been saying it since EPMD said it in 1992, motherfucker. RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL AND HIP HOP IS DEAD :copy:

Stop saying rap is of control from afar and start actually listening to current hip hop...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
no fucking way, dude.

Stop saying rap is of control from afar and start actually listening to current hip hop...
After Puff Daddy recently called upon artists to “step up and be better leaders” following the decision not to indict New York City police officer Daniel Pantaleo in the death of Eric Garner, The Roots drummer Questlove has become the latest artist to speak out on social media.

Questlove took to Instagram yesterday (December 4) to challenge artists to “be a voice of the times that we live in.”

http://instagram.com/p/wMVJ3AQa8p/?utm_ ... =embed&utm_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After stating that the culture needs new Bob Dylans, new Public Enemys and that we need to be more “community minded,” the Philadelphia native affirmed that more artists need to construct records with “spirit in them” and “songs with solutions.”

“I urge and challenge musicians and artists alike to push themselves to be a voice of the times that we live in,” Questlove wrote. “I know that many see what happened to Dixie Chicks' #NatalieMaines @mainesmusic (she bravely expressed her opinion/dismay on the Bush administration declaring war & was unjustly targeted....while in hindsight being CORRECT) suddenly there was an onslaught of radio silence from artists across the board (correction not everyone was silent, but the silence was deafening) although I'm kinda/sorta addressing the hip hop nation I really apply this challenge to ALL artists. We need new Dylans. New Public Enemys. New Simones. New De La Roachas. New ideas! But it just doesn't stop there!! We need outlets (hello #ClearChannel #RadioOne #Vh1) to balance the system. Yeah I'm just as guilty of feeling the high of all that I despise ("Devil's Pie" D'angelo) but the reason why this nation seems to be moving 3 steps ahead in some areas.....but then 7 steps backwards in every area is a lack of balance.

“I'm not saying every song gotta be "Fight The Power" but in times like these we need to be more community minded (taking a wild guess that "urban radio's" format didn't change much from the pre program stuff (using that word *politely*) we've been hearing for years,” Questlove’s post continues. “& when I say challenge I don't mean breathless race to the finish on who makes the more banging "Fuck Tha Police" sequel. I mean real stories. Real narratives. Songs with spirit in them. Songs with solutions. Songs with questions. Protest songs don't have to be boring or non danceable or ready made for the next Olympics. They just have to speak truth. I laugh & have fun w "Bitch You Guessed It" like everyone else. But my soul is aching man. Seriously just ONE or Two songs that change the course. This is something I feel the need and urgency to put out there. #EricGarner #MikeBrown #JusticeForAll #FeedMySoul #HandsUpDontShoot #ICantBreathe”

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

RIP Weezy. We'll always have 2007.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/24/birdman-l ... ash-money/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birdman vs. Lil Wayne
War is On
NO SETTLEMENT
Birdman and Lil Wayne have officially declared war ... settlement talks have broken down and Wayne will now sue his mentor, claiming among other things Birdman owes him $8 million.

As TMZ reported ... the 2 titans tried coming to terms this week but it wasn't meant to be. Now Wayne will ask a judge to declare him free of Cash Money and Birdman's control. Wayne says Birdman has violated their contract by withholding the release of his new album.

As for the $8 MIL claim ... Wayne says Birdman owed the money for his latest album -- it was supposed to be an advance.

Birdman has held firm ... he will release the album "in due time," but clearly that's not good enough for Wayne.

We're told Wayne will keep recording but he will release his works outside of the Cash Money umbrella.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Great way to build hype. Jay can build apps and shit, Baby and Slim are old school.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

the drama around Carter V is FAR more interesting than the music released from it, sadly.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

if you're reading this it's too late
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.