Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

sleazy_j

Re: Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

Post by sleazy_j »

crazy to think that Bes is only 31 years old. younger than bronson. there's a few mentions of him about arrests if you google his government name but not that much. theres a complex interview where he says hes been in and out of spots since he was a teenager so who knows.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

KhillA wrote:
ADR wrote:
Philaflava wrote:His team told him take the L quick. As popular as he is, there is no winning when you're dealing with a Wu-Tang following.
Or. for that matter, a 350 pound Wu-Tang weed-carrier:

Ain't nobody scared of no wutang clan. Are you fucking joking???? Bronson's decision to backpeddle was purely economical.
Economical? How so?

Some members of wu tang like ghost are thorough. That's certified. I dunno about bes, but bronson is not about that action. He is apologizing out of fear.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Economical like ghost said in the video: your fans, their my fans first. There isn't a Bronson fan that doesn't like ghost first and foremost; it was a bad move in terms of developing/maintaining his fan base. How is ghost thorough or certified? Where are you getting this from? And to keep things in perspective you don't need to be certified you need to be young and stupid. Anybody rockin with wutang nowadays is white or old and probably both.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

KhillA wrote:Economical like ghost said in the video: your fans, their my fans first. There isn't a Bronson fan that doesn't like ghost first and foremost
This seems like a logical and foregone conclusion but it's not actually always true. I was surprised by this myself but there are kids out there who got into Bronson before they ever heard Ghost and they aren't very invested in the 90s rap that influenced him. Many like the idea of 90s as a fashionable cultural and musical standard to aspire to, even to the extent of nearly fetishising it, but don't actually know the music that well or have a strong personal connection to it.

True story - I went to a Bronson/Lox/French show last year, with Bronson opening. The room was packed but the crowd diminished after he performed, while the Lox were running through a fairly strong medley of hits. It felt really odd that somebody who came for Bronson wouldn't stay for them but it put some shit in perspective.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

KhillA wrote:Economical like ghost said in the video: your fans, their my fans first. There isn't a Bronson fan that doesn't like ghost first and foremost.
not if they found out about him via his food shows. i know some people that aren't even rap fans that post videos of bronson on facebook. chicks that can't name wu-tang members, but know what bronson looks like.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Ok. You're right. My statement was a bit hyperbole.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i thought yall meant economical like

'i could continue this fruitless beef with ghost and prolly lose fans and look stupid longer than i need to, and possibly get run up on by a weed carrier next time in chillin in queens' or

'i could apologize, and get back to cashing these festival checks, doing tv shows, smoking drugs with alchemist while making new music and receiving free new balance tennis sneakers'

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

^^ this is a more reasonable take i think
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Piff Tannen wrote:i thought yall meant economical like

'i could continue this fruitless beef with ghost and prolly lose fans and look stupid longer than i need to, and possibly get run up on by a weed carrier next time in chillin in queens' or

'i could apologize, and get back to cashing these festival checks, doing tv shows, smoking drugs with alchemist while making new music and receiving free new balance tennis sneakers'
Can't argue with this

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

That's what I meant except for the part about getting ran upon by weed carriers

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

aeokq wrote:Big Doe Rehab is dope. So is Theodore Unit - 718.
:cheers:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

how was that ghostface reality tv show anyhow? i caught like a minute of it off a youtube clip, but that was it.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

I'm torn on this. Clearly Action was dabbed up on ESPN and was loose in his response. I don't think it was meant to be malicious but it was definitely reckless to put that out there, even if he thought it (and most of us would agree with the sentiment that ghost has fallen off significantly over the last five-ten years). That being said, Action then apologized, publicly, in an attempt to make things proper. Whether it was simply out of respect for his elders/influences, or it was to preserve his reputation/finances, he took the appropriate steps available to him to try to squash this, even if he fucked up initially.

For ghost to do that video and then to outright refuse to accept the apology, it appears that there are really only two reasons. 1) ghost is doing this for publicity since he hasn't really been getting press or buzz as of late (especially considering a decade ago his goons would have just jumped bronson and/or he would have rapped about it instead of doing some wwe type shit talking video to get played on epsn), or 2) he had issues with bronson from day one in terms of sounding like him and let is slide and then for him to get called out just made him snap. If the latter reason is why he's acting how he is, his actions are more valid but I still think he's coming off as a disgruntled rap dinosaur trying to be in the spotlight instead of really having beef with action. also he's way older than bronson so not accepting an apology looks kinda childish.

ghostface is a better rapper career wise but i'd much rather check for bronson's stuff as of late. it'll be interested to see how this affects bronson's rep considering how die hard most wu fans are and how young most of bronson's fans are.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

KhillA wrote:That's what I meant except for the part about getting ran upon by weed carriers
:borksign:

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

GFK & BadBadNotGood's "Sour Soul" is proper.

http://soursoul.lexrecords.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

imo ghost wasn't really doing shit, maybe cashing a few cheques, & he was happy for action bronson to have a lane

but legend doesn't get that kind of disrespect. i mean you don't see droog going at nas or anyone going at jay etc. ghost is kind of a bum at this point so yeah AB might feel he can get a lil shot off. nope now ghost's mad. he can't even make a song about it cause it would suck
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Philaflava wrote:best GFK track in years? Shit is up there with Holla.
:rofl:

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Beastly Swagger wrote:GFK & BadBadNotGood's "Sour Soul" is proper.

http://soursoul.lexrecords.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never heard it but those guys make good beats. Might cop the instrumental vinyl of it.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Post by 907 »

sleazy_j wrote:how was that ghostface reality tv show anyhow? i caught like a minute of it off a youtube clip, but that was it.

The celebrity therapy one? Every other couple is unwatchable, but every Ghost segment is great. His stripper side piece shows up to live in the house with him and his girl(who didn't know said sidepiece existed), and watching Ghost deal with the situation is hilarious. Just be sure to fast forward any time none of them are onscreen, the rest of the show is painful as fuck.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Going to see Ghost and Rae tonight. Fairly excited.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i might go hit that up when they play new orleans in a few weeks.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Saw this ghost-Rae tour in Boston and they ripped it.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Julius Seizure wrote:Saw this ghost-Rae tour in Boston and they ripped it.
@ paradise?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea really great show. They sounded great. DJ was annoying as fuck though.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i caught the rolling stones last week, they were pretty live
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Vlad Analogue wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote:Saw this ghost-Rae tour in Boston and they ripped it.
@ paradise?
Yes

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

KhillA wrote:
unbelievable dickhead wrote:exactly, he's black, which makes him 50% tougher and more dangerous. right?
As far as rappers go, statistically speaking, yes.

can we just ban cherrynut already, he's wack in all formats
Nets 2022

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

people got feelings about things.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Reason wrote:
KhillA wrote:
unbelievable dickhead wrote:exactly, he's black, which makes him 50% tougher and more dangerous. right?
As far as rappers go, statistically speaking, yes.

can we just ban cherrynut already, he's wack in all formats
No, we can't. Please leave your hurt feelings in P&B where you can continue to make sympathy threads about being in rehab for marijuana abuse. Don't throw stones when you don't even live in your own house homie.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

From Action Bronson To Meek Mill: When Hip Hop Evokes Its "Rules" Everyone Loses
Hip Hop's "rules" feel a little outdated in today's environment, no matter how much we love them.

There’s a segment of the Hip Hop community that will always badger you about the rules. Hip Hop is one of the few genres faced with this, and not just because Hip Hop is a culture or lifestyle. It’s because Hip Hop, to some, is a way of being; a way of breathing. It’s also a game, a kind of competition, so rules grew out of the dirt to form some sort of barrier to entry. You can do this thing but not that thing. There are invisible lines everywhere. Even more so if you fall outside of what’s normal in Hip Hop -- traditionally a very narrow band of characteristics -- and are a white emcee or a woman or, even more taboo, fall on the LGBT spectrum.