Employee
Fast Eddie

Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

Post by Employee »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:
He's low key right tho. Ghost has been shittin on his own legacy with all these phoned in side projects lately...

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

:copy:

...not sure if i want to watch the pathetic old-man-rant response to this on vlad tv....... probably will
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

He's right but he completely back peddled. Bottom line, people don't like copy cats shitting on legends and Ghost is a true legend despite is obvious decline. Also, those who always hated on Action for his GFK jackmove are having a field day with this. Max Kellerman dope rapper tho.

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

Straight facts

A little friendly competitiveness never hurt anything.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Stupid. No reason to take shots at Ghostface whatsoever.

Ghostface has one of the best discographies in hip hop. One of the most consistent rappers ever. Makes it even dumber of a statement. And I've never been one of the people who criticized Action for, "sounding like Ghostface."

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

He is right, but Action Bronson needs to watch it as he's making some pretty fucking dull music too already.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Oh man, I'd love to see Ghost smack the shit out of Action for this. I like Action, and I have no problem with him defending himself against accusations that he sounds like Ghost, but there was no need to throw shots unless you want war. He could have said everything else, but then saying "he don't sound like this" and " he needs to do something" was def shots fired simply because it was unnecessary. Ghost ain't no 150lb white kid that he could throw off a stage.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

exactly, he's black, which makes him 50% tougher and more dangerous. right?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

He felt the need to be provocative on national tv and Wiley def made him feel a certain kinda way.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:He is right, but Action Bronson needs to watch it as he's making some pretty fucking dull music too already.
I agree bronson's music hasn't been great lately either, he seems to want to be more of a celebrity than a rapper at this point. However, he hasn't been flat out embarrassing himself on a music level like ghost has.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

pradadon wrote:Oh man, I'd love to see Ghost smack the shit out of Action for this. I like Action, and I have no problem with him defending himself against accusations that he sounds like Ghost, but there was no need to throw shots unless you want war. He could have said everything else, but then saying "he don't sound like this" and " he needs to do something" was def shots fired simply because it was unnecessary. Ghost ain't no 150lb white kid that he could throw off a stage.
I think he's just sick of the comparison so he popped off like that out of frustration.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

unbelievable dickhead wrote:exactly, he's black, which makes him 50% tougher and more dangerous. right?
As far as rappers go, statistically speaking, yes.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

unbelievable dickhead wrote:exactly, he's black, which makes him 50% tougher and more dangerous. right?
Not at all, but I just always see Action throwing some skinny white kid off the stage and you know that gets him gassed up thinking he is tough. Yes, I know most of the kids bring it on themselves and it's like this corny little thing that seemingly takes place at all his shows. I get it, it's not the streets or whatever, I'm just saying. When you talk shit in this world, regardless of your race, you gotta know that there is a good chance you're gonna get checked, or someone is gonna try to check you at least. My whole point was its a different ballgame when a 6'1 dude comes at you ready to knock your head off instead of some little punk kid who waited all year to hop on the stage and let himself get thrown off.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Incoming 25000 word bender screed
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^i wish

i respect this shit talking tbh. i always kinda hated AB cause he's a straight biter. but it takes cahones to take shots at a legend/your idol.

if it were anyone other than that ageing dusthead i would say oh maybe this will invigorate him to come correct.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

There wasn't ever really any reason for Action Bronson to exist. No one was ever sitting around wishing there was an obese pasteoid hack rapper who mentions food a lot in his rhymes. The best beats he rapped on could've been made into better songs by other artists. He has exactly zero classics to his name, despite what certain internet people might want you to believe.
Getting aggy because people keep mentioning the thing that got you noticed in the first place is dumb as fuck.

On an only slightly related, but possibly more interesting note, Angelous still raps

https://soundcloud.com/macmediapromo/angelous-back-2-class-free-download
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i can excuse the voice cause he seems to naturally sound like that. but he bites flows+goofy non sequiturs. biter.
1. Nas
2. Drake

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

pradadon wrote:
Not at all, but I just always see Action throwing some skinny white kid off the stage and you know that gets him gassed up thinking he is tough. Yes, I know most of the kids bring it on themselves and it's like this corny little thing that seemingly takes place at all his shows. I get it, it's not the streets or whatever, I'm just saying. When you talk shit in this world, regardless of your race, you gotta know that there is a good chance you're gonna get checked, or someone is gonna try to check you at least. My whole point was its a different ballgame when a 6'1 dude comes at you ready to knock your head off instead of some little punk kid who waited all year to hop on the stage and let himself get thrown off.
i do get your point. just spidersense reacting to a (yes) racist tendency i've seen on this board (usually on white rapper thread) to equate white people with harmless and black people with dangerous.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

ghostface is lightyears aahead from that sucka, even the new shit. PERIOD

but if this starts a rap battle, a real rap battle, bring it on

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

survival of the fittest. whoever can put out the better rap songs this week or next week, i'll give them more rotation in the whip.
they won't be getting much of my money, though. music piracy and streaming for the win.

ghostface's track record has been spotty since around big doe rehab, anyhow.
and i wasn't too big into blue chips 2 or most of mr wonderful.

but, according to me, your legacy is only as good as the last album you put out.
biggie won the easy way out. he'd probably be doing some sell-out shit like everyone else if he was alive.
dmx definitely lost out in the legacy department.

you can't judge current day affairs on what happened in the past.

DLG

Post by DLG »

kinda agree with people saying that action bronson doesn't really have any good songs.

he has good lines in just about every verse, but I can't think of an action bronson song I've ever bumped in regular rotation.

Plus, even though he sounds like ghostface, his voice is still much weaker and wispier than ghosts.

It's kind of the same pitch, but ghost's voice actually projects and cuts through the mix, action sound like he's struggling most of the time.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:kinda agree with people saying that action bronson doesn't really have any good songs.

he has good lines in just about every verse, but I can't think of an action bronson song I've ever bumped in regular rotation.

Plus, even though he sounds like ghostface, his voice is still much weaker and wispier than ghosts.

It's kind of the same pitch, but ghost's voice actually projects and cuts through the mix, action sound like he's struggling most of the time.
I like these bronson songs....

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I'm not even a huge Action Bronson fan but dude has far more songs I'd rather listen to from the last few years than Ghost.

The last Ghost song that I'm tempted to revisit with any kind of regularity came out around 2010ish. But feel free to support/defend his recitals of scripts written by jazz band leaders, you're doing god's work helping him pay legal debts and child support and whatever by doing that.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

@neuro

You seem to be this forum's lone person championing recent ghost material.

Embed some youtube/soundcloud of '10's ghost songs you genuinely like. I want to give this a fair shot...

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

didn't that EP he did with that producer come out post 2010? There were like 3 good songs on that.
UBM CD COMING SOON

step one

Post by step one »

Ghostface's recent lacklustre output doesn't make Bronson's any better by default.

Ghost just got too predictable. I think he's dropped 3 albums this year. If he'd only released one and it was his first in 5 years it'd probably sound a lot fresher and be more warmly received.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

True Dough

Post by True Dough »

Action's breaking basic rules. I wish Ghost would drop the diplomacy a little
and how many rappers have a catalog like Ghost's
Who gives a shit what the new stuff's like

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »