New A Tribe Called Quest Album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mo Cheeks

Re: New A Tribe Called Quest Album

Post by Mo Cheeks »

mike eagle wrote:i love this shit. the production is genius. the vocal arrangements are classic but the raps are modern. its like an amalgamated version of everything that tribe ever influenced.
this is exactly how I feel....was a pleasant surprise

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'm not saying Tip is :bigarrow: , I'm just saying he might come off that way in this video. Amiright?

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Philaflava wrote:

I'm not saying Tip is :bigarrow: , I'm just saying he might come off that way in this video. Amiright?
I don't disagree. And that hair is trash. :shittylikesometp:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

remember
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Tribe never had the impact on me that they had on many of yous. De La was more that group for me. I've said several times that I rank Tip's Renaissance above most Tribe albums. His production and rhymes have kept moving ahead. This is a blatant continuation of that. Plus, Cons and Bus killed their spots. Easily one of the year's best and one of Tribe's best albums.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Versive wrote:Tribe never had the impact on me that they had on many of yous. De La was more that group for me. I've said several times that I rank Tip's Renaissance above most Tribe albums. His production and rhymes have kept moving ahead. This is a blatant continuation of that. Plus, Cons and Bus killed their spots. Easily one of the year's best and one of Tribe's best albums.
werd. wegotit... tip sounds like renaissance tip, not like 90s tribe. which is a good thing, he sounds sharp. as always tip is the core
1. Nas
2. Drake

Matt925

Post by Matt925 »

hellriser wrote:
Cyn0zure wrote:lol at saying it doesn't have replay value after one listen...do you fools listen to music or just skim through it?

I listen the album three times in the row , nothing catched my ear.... album is not bad , but i wont listen again....
lmao

I won't throw around classic after a weeks, but this is a very pleasant surprise. Really good album.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i'm with hellriser. after the excitement has died down, this is ait. not top10 this year. prob weaker than compton. phife sounds off, busta sounds off, tip sounds good. LMAO at jarobi's wack attempts at rapping.
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:

Now is as good of a time as any to bring up the suspect "friendship" he had with Leonardo dicaprio

#neverforget

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i'm with hellriser. after the excitement has died down, this is ait. not top10 this year. prob weaker than compton. phife sounds off, busta sounds off, tip sounds good. LMAO at jarobi's wack attempts at rapping.
Compton was terrible. Really fucking bad.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The only thing that needs to be said is this album is better than The Love Movement. That's it. Enjoy it for what it is.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

shits still great. this is a great project.

comparing tribe albums is all apples and oranges but my hot take is that this record is better than beats rhymes and life. i like every one of their other albums just as much as this but for different reasons

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Philaflava wrote:The only thing that needs to be said is this album is better than The Love Movement. That's it. Enjoy it for what it is.
"like it like that" & "find a way" are better than anything on wegotitfromhere
mike eagle wrote:shits still great. this is a great project.

comparing tribe albums is all apples and oranges but my hot take is that this record is better than beats rhymes and life. i like every one of their other albums just as much as this but for different reasons
:fail:
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

step one wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i'm with hellriser. after the excitement has died down, this is ait. not top10 this year. prob weaker than compton. phife sounds off, busta sounds off, tip sounds good. LMAO at jarobi's wack attempts at rapping.
Compton was terrible. Really fucking bad.
compton was sufficient to not embarrass, which is all i can say for this one too
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Philaflava wrote:The only thing that needs to be said is this album is better than The Love Movement. That's it. Enjoy it for what it is.
"like it like that" & "find a way" are better than anything on wegotitfromhere
Obviously, this is an opinion I don't discredit yours just because your both Canadian and happen to be a homosexual, I just don't agree with it. And Steppin' It Up is better than anything off TLM. I would take Space Program, We The PPl, Disgeneration, Solid Wall of Sound and Ego over both Like It Like That and Find A Way FWIW.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

everything is better than LM :lol:

im going to re- listen new album soon

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i actually agree that the album is better. my point is that there are redeeming tracks on love movement. few last glimmers of light before they got old and sad and let jarobi rap.

speaking of old & sad, are you that guy who awkwardly shoehorns "ya'll" into his sentences on the take it personal podcast?
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i agree, jarobi has no place on the mic but it was a pitty favor. i hate 'ya'll" too but "you all" is not very hip-hop.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i think they needed him around to get phife comfortable. otherwise it would just be tip & busta & their extreme sexual tension.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

nonetheless, glad you listened despite not wanting to let me know.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

? i just told u. ait i'll listen again and post in the thread.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

some of the opinions expressed about this album are absolutely embarrassing

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I actually listened to this album in full twice back to back while doing some work the other day (inspired by the Q-Tip Last Zulu Tweet) and after around 1.5 years, and not listening much over the last year or so, I really love this album. Just pressing play and letting it rock straight through is a pleasure to the ears. It's not a classic and not close to the first 3 obviously, but in 2018 or whatever year you listen, it will be timeless. That is what Tribe always delivered above all else. Music that works no matter what year you listen.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

stypeones wrote: That is what Tribe always delivered above all else. Music that works no matter what year you listen.
its not a tribe album its unlistenable and it makes love movement sound like a classic

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

clark bent wrote:
stypeones wrote: That is what Tribe always delivered above all else. Music that works no matter what year you listen.
its not a tribe album its unlistenable and it makes love movement sound like a classic
hahaha

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

it's a solid qtip solo album exploiting phife's imminent demise for attention.
1. Nas
2. Drake

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

All everyone's favorite 90's curators fell over themselves praising the album at the time, but it sucks to all who are "90's" guys and Hip Hop purists because it was a 2016 album sounding like guys in 2016 (who are eccentric to begin with and also 46 years old) instead of MM replayed. FOH If you haven't grown up over the last 20 years to appreciate your favorites making music 20-25 years later in THEIR own way based off who they are at that point and not who they were 25 years ago. Then don't listen to the next terrible Kool Keith album either. There are really dudes out here trying to tell me that a Kool Keith or Del record in 2018 is better than this Tribe album. LMAO Like I said it's not classic or even close to their prime shit obviously but unlistenable Clark? You must be bent G. It's not a Tribe album? It sounds way more like a Tribe album than either BR&L or TLM- but it's up for grabs if it is better than those. I'll give you that. But don't dismiss it.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

stypeones wrote:All everyone's favorite 90's curators fell over themselves praising the album at the time, but it sucks to all who are "90's" guys and Hip Hop purists because it was a 2016 album sounding like guys in 2016 (who are eccentric to begin with and also 46 years old) instead of MM replayed. FOH If you haven't grown up over the last 20 years to appreciate your favorites making music 20-25 years later in THEIR own way based off who they are at that point and not who they were 25 years ago. Then don't listen to the next terrible Kool Keith album either. There are really dudes out here trying to tell me that a Kool Keith or Del record in 2018 is better than this Tribe album. LMAO Like I said it's not classic or even close to their prime shit obviously but unlistenable Clark? You must be bent G. It's not a Tribe album? It sounds way more like a Tribe album than either BR&L or TLM- but it's up for grabs if it is better than those. I'll give you that. But don't dismiss it.
2018 Kool Keith >>>>>>> 2018 Q Tip