AG Da Coroner

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

SpecialAFFEX

AG Da Coroner

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

Searched but couldn't find a thread about AG Da Corner.

Blow The City Up, being the latest from Da man himself is dope as fuck.

Hope this works, I can NEVER embed a goddamn Soundcloud link.

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=htt ... "></iframe>

or...

http://soundcloud.com/pfcuttin/blow-the-city-up-coroner

Dude needs to drop a mixtape or some shit

Tired & Broke

Re: AG Da Coroner

Post by Tired & Broke »

I approve this thread. :cheers:

Easily my favorite Outdoorsman, he steals the show on Meyhem's "Respect The Fly Shit."

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

AG Da Coroner feat. Meyhem Lauren - ' Blades In The Wind ' (New 2013)

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... og-records
Roc Marciano Signs AG Da Coroner To Man Bites Dog Records

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Every time I get fooled into thinking A.G. is on a track with Meyham.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Fun fact: dude is a real-life coroner.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

couldn't make it through the album......beats terrible and meh verses and features. I thought Roc Marci A&R'd this......would have expected more of that vibe and 18 songs is way to much for the same deadpan delivery and cadence.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Sebastion Shaw wrote:couldn't make it through the album......beats terrible and meh verses and features. I thought Roc Marci A&R'd this......would have expected more of that vibe and 18 songs is way to much for the same deadpan delivery and cadence.
haha I just don't know why he took 3+ fuckin years to release this shit. People were jockin dude 3 years ago so he should have struck when he was hot. No diss intended, but he's best as a FEATURED rapper. Whatever the case, I still need to peep...

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

The reason it couldn't drop (from an inside view) is that they paid Roc all this money to be head of A&R and there was no budget to do anything else, plus I think they (Man Bites Dog) lost distro...........By the time they had any semblance for AG it was way too late. Just what I heard. I don't even know if there was a physical release. I would definitely lay it at the feet of the label and Roc for not being there for dude more. I see Roc supporting Westside Gunn real heavy though, an artist not on the label. I would say he got paid to hang out with the owner and not much else because he did not help this label one bit outside of dropping Marci Beacoup which was pretty meh to me.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think you nailed it re: Roc's involvement.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:I think you nailed it re: Roc's involvement.
Yeah.

Man Bites Dog Records is a pretty shitty label filled with averge-at-best releases and below average shitty releases. No wonder they lost their distribution.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Can't blame Roc. Some schmuck trying to build another Decon threw a bunch of money at him for the rep and took the L.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Exactly........word has it he passed on a bunch of artists who are sort of popping now to sign S.A.S from England... Dunno if anyone told him they can't even enter the US :ironmike: or that they aint been relevant since DipSet circa '04.

But it's whatever.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Damn I was a huge proponent and supporter of AG, he had all that momentum and I figured with Marci on the team he was poised to win. Now I didn't even know he had an album dropping :ohhh: ..... and talk about horrible timing, its being totally overshadowed by that new "Flygod" album.

And Im hearing the beats ain't banging on this?? Sounds like Westside Gunn's joint is the album AG was meant to drop. I gotta grab this joint and listen for myself.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Tired & Broke wrote:Damn I was a huge proponent and supporter of AG, he had all that momentum and I figured with Marci on the team he was poised to win. Now I didn't even know he had an album dropping :ohhh: ..... and talk about horrible timing, its being totally overshadowed by that new "Flygod" album.

And Im hearing the beats ain't banging on this?? Sounds like Westside Gunn's joint is the album AG was meant to drop. I gotta grab this joint and listen for myself.
I don't know how anyone can listen to Westside Gunn... his whiney bitchy voice is annoying as fuck!!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:Damn I was a huge proponent and supporter of AG, he had all that momentum and I figured with Marci on the team he was poised to win. Now I didn't even know he had an album dropping :ohhh: ..... and talk about horrible timing, its being totally overshadowed by that new "Flygod" album.

I don't know how anyone can listen to Westside Gunn... his whiney bitchy voice is annoying as fuck!!
:copy:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »