Camp Lo- On The Way Uptown

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

sleazy_j

Re: Camp Lo- On The Way Uptown

Post by sleazy_j »

every now and then i still go looking the internet for the video for "trouble man". i even check music video vhs lots on ebay.

one of my friends worked at journeys, this was maybe a year or a few months pre-9/11. his store had a DVD that had "trouble man" on the
playlist. the video was half trouble man, half cookers. i think this was for an album they were supposed to drop while being managed by
Dante Ross, but never happened.

i once even tweeted at dante ross asking where i could find the video. he said he had no idea a video was even made for that song.

someday it'll show up online.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Yea trouble man and cookers was on stimulated. They had a couple more joints on stimulated vol. 1 compilation. Too bad that album never dropped. I dont think any of the material from stimulated was on lets do it again

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I just came across this, first I'm hearing of it...

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

^ It's on the album this thread is about, bruv.

Not convinced by the theory that it's the o.g Coolie High demo because that demo actually exists and it sounds rough enough to be the first thing they ever recorded:

It's more likely to be a sequel/remix to Coolie High which had to be canned because that LL & Boyz 2 Men single used the same MJ The Pederast sample, imho.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:^ It's on the album this thread is about, bruv.

Not convinced by the theory that it's the o.g Coolie High demo because that demo actually exists and it sounds rough enough to be the first thing they ever recorded:

It's more likely to be a sequel/remix to Coolie High which had to be canned because that LL & Boyz 2 Men single used the same MJ The Pederast sample, imho.
Word, it's just labeled as the "original demo" on that youtube video, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. I much prefer the Paradise MJ sample in the official coolie high remix to the Lady in my life MJ sample anyway...

BTW, it's an absolute travesty that the Coolie High official video isn't on youtube :sad:

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Werd.

This one ended up being my fave song on On The Way Uptown. Proper proto-Scaramanga shit: