Take It Personal - Episode 2

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Take It Personal - Episode 2

Post by Philaflava »

Hot off the press. I shouted out a few of you too. As always, appreciate the support, feedback, and all that jazz. If you haven't already, please subscribe whether its on iTunes, Google, Soundcloud, whatever so you can stay connected to updates. Thanks!
Sometimes sequels are just better, like a lot better. Take The Empire Strikes Back, Low End Theory, The Infamous and De La Soul Is Dead for example. Take It Personal Episode 2 is our best yet! Not only is this an A Tribe Called Quest tribute show, but we're playing joints by Ultramagnetic MC's, Black Thought, Company Flow, Mos Def, Vinnie Paz, Nas, AZ, Ras Kass, D.I.T,C, Atmosphere, MarQ Spekt & Blockhead to name a few. Join Jason Gloss, Kevlar & DJ 360 on musical journey you won't want to end. Or maybe you will, you probably will...

https://soundcloud.com/user-997269105/take-it-personal-podcast-ep-2

Ways to listen

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tak ... 1175478134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-997269105/t ... dcast-ep-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Diapfqu ... al_Podcast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stitcher Radio: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/philafl ... refid=stpr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-997269105/t ... dcast-ep-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PlayerFM: http://player.fm/series/take-it-persona ... dcast-ep-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Download Show: https://omerta.is/Yky

WiCkEd22

Re: Take It Personal - Episode 2

Post by WiCkEd22 »

This was a great episode! Much respect. And thanks for that shout out towards the end...

The sound seemed better, but the real test will be listening in the car. And good shit not doin all those sound bites. haha

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Listened to the first half this morning. Dope show. I liked the first episode but this is def better. Gonna finish later on. Def will be checking for future episodes.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

83 views, 2 listens so far. SWEET!

Thanks for checking Wicked & Chris.

Here is the YT video as well.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

this made me inadvertently listen to the tribe record. I'll admit I was shook (scared to death and scared to look) especially after the wicked consign but gotdam I was wrong. tribe went out proper so props for
this

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

KhillA wrote:this made me inadvertently listen to the tribe record. I'll admit I was shook (scared to death and scared to look) especially after the wicked consign but gotdam I was wrong. tribe went out proper so props for
this

All worth it then. :cheers:

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Excellent show! Gave me a deeper appreciation for the new tribe album, which i was initially quick to skim over The whole format is refreshing, I'm about to check out episode one

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Just listened to the first couple, some nice music selections, will be checkin' for it.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

I rarely make suggestions and don't know shit about how this works but....Id like to hear an interview with LA the Darkman. He's been the most consistent wu tangist from his first album to the drama tapes, imo. and i suspect he has a more interesting story than most.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I can't say I've been keeping up with La The Darkman this decade. Didn't he kinda go the more commercial route?

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Philaflava wrote:I can't say I've been keeping up with La The Darkman this decade. Didn't he kinda go the more commercial route?
yes (and no) but in the best way possible, imo. he got to Atlanta before most others realized it was about to blow but his rhymes never swayed, and he can pick beats. check some tracks off the drama tapes, he raps how i like to to hear. but besides that dude is an enigma, imo

born in NY yet reps Grand Rapids
gets a full RZA in his prime album yet rarely mentions Wu
goes missing for years then pops up in ATL with a deal with Rifkin

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I know he was messing with ALC by way of Willie The Kid. But I can’t pretend like I know all that much about him. He is dope for sure.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

I have La's contact math, get @ me if interested.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

He is president of AMG (drama and cannon) and apparently a competent businessman in other ventures. Willie da Kid is his lil brother. Just saw he dropped an album this year with a Black Thought feature (hook is horrible on that song, btw) and as per usual there is no press/promo nothing. It's like he really doesn't care about rap money (for like 20 years now).

Moss

Post by Moss »

loved the podcast, thanks for putting it out there.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Moss wrote:loved the podcast, thanks for putting it out there.
:cheers: Thanks man.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

I've got a road trip on deck tomm. I'll give you some rotation.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Start with ep 2. More polished lol.

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

As a huge fan of the Jason Gloss brand, I'll point out that the youtube upload of this episode has heavy static all over it rendering it unlistenable :naswtf: Please look into that immediately and fire someone if need be for making the fucking blunder... That being said, 60 minutes into the soundcloud file I'm loving the hell out of this episode as per usual. Craaaazy shoutout from Serch in the beginning and beautiful banter and impeccable selections throughout so far. Shouts to ATCQ too.... AIN'T NOTHING LIKE REAL HIP HOP my philaflava ladies and gents :cheers:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

LOL Thanks man. Truthfully, the show is best listened to either on Soundcloud, iTunes, Stitcher or probably Google Play. I'm not sure what Youtube does to the compression of the file when uploaded so that could be the reason for some of the static. Regardless, I appreciate, we all truly appreciate your support.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I thought I saw something that had a minute-by-minute tracklist of the songs you were playing, but I can't find it now. Is that somewhere?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

:ohhh: had no idea about this. sounds like its just taking off too, glad I caught this on the ground floor. I've subscribed and play on keeping up with it.

quick question who's Kevlar?? and is DJ 360 the dude who post here also?

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

What's up everyone. For those who don't know, and that's most of you, I'm Kevlar. I used to do The Philaflava Show with Gloss years ago as well. I don't post much on the boards, and if I do it's in The Sports Bar or Electric Relaxation.

Anyway, I really appreciate all of the support and great feedback. Keep on supporting and spreading the word, and we'll keep delivering 90 minuets of dope shit every few weeks.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

jamrage wrote:I thought I saw something that had a minute-by-minute tracklist of the songs you were playing, but I can't find it now. Is that somewhere?
Playlists are available on http://www.Takeitpersonalradio.com