RIP UGHH

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: RIP UGHH

Post by drizzle »

this is interesting stuff man, I'm glad you decided to shed a little light on what's going on. really curious to see where you take this.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thoughts on renaming it to UndergroundKing.com?

Xaula Zany

Post by Xaula Zany »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:Happy to unban you Sage. Would also like to involved however we can to give any support that is relevant to you. I generally miss your brand of cynicism in the periphery of my life.
Haaa thanks. Cynicism aside, I had a little sigh of relief when word got around that you were the one who stepped in to keep UGHH alive and kicking. I'm down to contribute content if you're looking to build more on that side of things. Most importantly, bring back the AOL style chatrooms and make me admin pls THNX bai
http://www.StrangeFamous.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
aeokq wrote:Glad to see the site survive, it's sort of like a beacon for underground hip hop. Hence the name haha. I'm glad merely cuz the boards will still exist and that's where I get 95% of my hip hop info.

As someone who buys cds on the regular, if they just lowered their prices a little I would gladly buy from there. Shit is really much more expensive than anywhere else. I can go to amazon and save money without a doubt, old or new releases.
There's really no competing with Amazon for anyone. People that buy on UGHH are collectors, so we're going to make it more worth their while by offering a collector's experience.
That's cool. To be fair, people who buy on Amazon are collectors too. I consider myself a collector as well as a hip hop fan. I don't know how many OG albums I own but it is close to 1,000.

So by, "collector's experience," do you mean offering more rare and out of print albums? Previously unreleased shit? Just trying to see what will be new about it. I will gladly support, I don't mind dropping money on dope shit.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

im psyched its gonna be here to stay, thanks Icon :borksign:

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

aeokq wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
aeokq wrote:Glad to see the site survive, it's sort of like a beacon for underground hip hop. Hence the name haha. I'm glad merely cuz the boards will still exist and that's where I get 95% of my hip hop info.

As someone who buys cds on the regular, if they just lowered their prices a little I would gladly buy from there. Shit is really much more expensive than anywhere else. I can go to amazon and save money without a doubt, old or new releases.
There's really no competing with Amazon for anyone. People that buy on UGHH are collectors, so we're going to make it more worth their while by offering a collector's experience.
That's cool. To be fair, people who buy on Amazon are collectors too. I consider myself a collector as well as a hip hop fan. I don't know how many OG albums I own but it is close to 1,000.

So by, "collector's experience," do you mean offering more rare and out of print albums? Previously unreleased shit? Just trying to see what will be new about it. I will gladly support, I don't mind dropping money on dope shit.
I do mean that -- access to exclusives and rare stuff, but I also mean a collector's experience for new things as well. How it's delivered to you. What it's like when you open the box. How we follow up after it's delivered. What customer service is like. I don't want you to just get some unmarked box and that's it. I want what you get to be clearly for YOU and I want you to feel personally taken care of in the process. More on that as it develops.
DJCommunist wrote:im psyched its gonna be here to stay, thanks Icon :borksign:
I'm happy to have been able to do it.

-MK
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jedisdope

Post by Jedisdope »

congrats mike!

is there a rough date set for an official relaunch?
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

Versive

Post by Versive »

"Quality editorial content" and a "collector's experience" sound great. Per chance, is my man Brian Coleman involved in this at all?

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

LOL at that corny nerd rap clown Sage Francis wanting some kind of Admin position on UGHH. smfh

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

WiCkEd22 wrote:LOL at that corny nerd rap clown Sage Francis wanting some kind of Admin position on UGHH. smfh
You can just talk TO Sage rather than ABOUT Sage. He can hear you, you know.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Hair of the Dog wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:LOL at that corny nerd rap clown Sage Francis wanting some kind of Admin position on UGHH. smfh
You can just talk TO Sage rather than ABOUT Sage. He can hear you, you know.
OK, yoar point? Whatever the case, I typically don't care to talk to guys with a Vagina. *shrugs*

Xaula Zany

Post by Xaula Zany »

No one ever mentioned me being an "admin", and I even deaded my own forum so I wouldn't have to deal with that kind of shit, but you just planted a wicked, wicked seed. YOU PLANTED IT. The fact that you feel so threatened over the idea of me administrating you and your lot with my incredible admin powers gets me rock...fucking...hard. It must be done.
http://www.StrangeFamous.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

^JFC yoar a moron. Fuckouttahere.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

kinda wanna make Sage and Wicked mods for M2C now.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:kinda wanna make Sage and Wicked mods for M2C now.
LOL

Sage Francis is a nerdy version of the juggalos...

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Here are some thoughts on the situation https://www.undergroundhiphop.com/blogs ... rs-who-dis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if y'all want to know anything else. Happy to share

-MK
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:Here are some thoughts on the situation https://www.undergroundhiphop.com/blogs ... rs-who-dis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if y'all want to know anything else. Happy to share

-MK
this is awesome on so many levels... kudos, hats off, and all that jazz

:rockout:

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Mike you're the man! I dig the vision. Congrats and thanks in order for showing so much care and investment.

- e

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

DLG

Post by DLG »

was the viral nature of :copy: the spark that made you realize that internet marketing would be a viable career for you?

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

DLG wrote:was the viral nature of :copy: the spark that made you realize that internet marketing would be a viable career for you?
Nah, I'm not that smart.

A year after that I got into a bike accident and didn't health insurance and I had to get a job to pay bills and the first place to hire me was an seo firm.

Verge

Post by Verge »

iCon. Please hit me at vergetibbs@gmail.com . I tried contacting you direct but got no response. It pertains to heavy Jewelz records. Thanks.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

iCONtheMicKing wrote: I'm not that smart.
Finally! My revenge sig.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

It was good to chop it up with at SXSW, Mike, about everything and what you're doing at UGHH. And I'm glad you did what I requested and bragged about your Miami vacation. Good shit, bruh.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Have any of you signed up for UGHH Premier? I did.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Maaaann...

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

If anyone's interested, this is what we're up to https://www.undergroundhiphop.com/magaz ... r-updates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Mike, what's the deal man?!

I'm gettin no responses to my emails at UGHH. 1 of my orders should have shipped a week ago or more and hasn't.

I've CC'd you on the emails, Mike. C'mon man... smh

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Mike, what's the deal man?!

I'm gettin no responses to my emails at UGHH. 1 of my orders should have shipped a week ago or more and hasn't.

Mike broke his hand recently, so he's unable to respond to emails at this time. Have no fear though, your orders will be shipped out personally in a timely manner by his wife, the lovely Jessica.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Mike, what's the deal man?!

Hit up Adam, he handles the orders. I had a similar issue but once he was on it, he provided me daily updates.