Where Do You Put the Final Tribe Record Among Their Albums?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Which best represents your ranking?

Last place.
27%
Better than The Love Movement.
46%
Better than The Love Movement and Beats, Rhymes, and Life.
24%
Better than The Love Movement, Beats, Rhymes, and Life, and People's Instinctive Travels.
2%

Total votes: 41

TheBigSleep

Where Do You Put the Final Tribe Record Among Their Albums?

Post by TheBigSleep »

After having some time to sit with it, where does the last ATCQ record land / stand with you in regard to their overall discography?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Where Do You Put the Final Tribe Record Among Their Albu

Post by Philaflava »

100% better than The Love Movement but not better than BR&L. It's their 4th best album IMO.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Better than The Love Movement and Beats, Rhymes, and Life for personal tastes/reasons discussed in that thread. In short, I'm relatively young, De La is more THIS GROUP for me, and I like Renaissance-era Q-Tip more than Tribe-era Q-Tip. This essentially invalidates my opinion to a solid Phila contingent but that's my feels yo.

PTS

Post by PTS »

Last place.

I'd prefer listening to that "Give Me" song with NORE off the Love Movement rather than having to hear "We The People" again...

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Other: behind Amplified.

Ain't a damn song on there as good as Let's Ride or N.T..

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Another option would've been "it's really a Kamaal The Abstract album featuring members of Tribe". Just sayin'.
But I voted better than Love Movement and Beats, Rhymes, and Life.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

ardamus wrote:Another option would've been "it's really a Kamaal The Abstract album featuring members of Tribe". Just sayin'.
True. This thread wasn't really gonna be about getting into all that, though I do agree.

Interesting to see it tied up as to whether or not the new one is better than BR&L. The Take It Personal podcast and thread about the new album seemed to have similar conflicting opinions overall as well.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

TheBigSleep wrote:
ardamus wrote:Another option would've been "it's really a Kamaal The Abstract album featuring members of Tribe". Just sayin'.
True. This thread wasn't really gonna be about getting into all that, though I do agree.

Interesting to see it tied up as to whether or not the new one is better than BR&L. The Take It Personal podcast and thread about the new album seemed to have similar conflicting opinions overall as well.
Well, we never did get another Kamaal The Abstract album either. I can see why it would sound the way it sounds. All other shit aside, I really enjoyed Jacobi's contributions to the project a lot.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Wait, you "really enjoyed" Jarobi's rapping on this album Ardamus?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:Wait, you "really enjoyed" Jarobi's rapping on this album Ardamus?
Yeah I did for the most part. Didn't say it was the best in the world but he didn't ruin the tracks. My opinion.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Wait, you "really enjoyed" Jarobi's rapping on this album Ardamus?
Yeah I did for the most part. Didn't say it was the best in the world but he didn't ruin the tracks. My opinion.

I just wanted to make sure I understood that. Jarobi isn't really a rapper, he is a friend and it was kinda like here bro, hop on this this since its the last shebang. But I'm kinda surprised you "really enjoyed" his verses. Especially, you being a rapper.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:
ardamus wrote:

I just wanted to make sure I understood that. Jarobi isn't really a rapper, he is a friend and it was kinda like here bro, hop on this this since its the last shebang. But I'm kinda surprised you "really enjoyed" his verses. Especially, you being a rapper.
\

Look man, if he was wack, I'd say it. If he was amazing, I'd say it. Don't question it because I said I really enjoyed it. You're acting like I said he wrote the next Illmatic verses or somethin'. :lol: Relax. The album with all the verses does what it supposed to do. He did good on the album, considering I haven't heard him much (aside from the project with Dres and that was ok).

jizah

Post by jizah »

Without Jarobi this will be better than Beats, Rhymes & Life, with him it's just better than LM
If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

album is mostly garbage....theres at least four songs on love movement better than the best song on this

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

there's no way this glorified qtip solo project -- with an audibly ailing phife dredged out of the emergency ward for show and the hypeman allowed to rap -- is better than the underappreciated blassic beats,rhymes, & no more straightforward jazz samples.

might still be better than love movement tho.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

clark bent wrote:album is mostly garbage....theres at least four songs on love movement better than the best song on this
yeah ur right. "find a way" and "like it like that" are better realized than anything on "you got it from here...... sorry we're still rapping"
1. Nas
2. Drake

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
clark bent wrote:album is mostly garbage....theres at least four songs on love movement better than the best song on this
yeah ur right. "find a way" and "like it like that" are better realized than anything on "you got it from here...... sorry we're still rapping"
busta's lament is a valid HOF song and stands up to anything from the first four albums...also rock rock yall is a legit great song

by no means am i claiming that love movement is some sort of classic but it was unfairly hated on...basically what happened is that love movement came out in too close proximity to their earlier works and this new album came out so far after love movement that people overrated it....ten years from now people will realize how weak 'weve got it from here' really is

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

nah i figured out on first listen.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

As far as the new album goes, I thought Jarobi was OK. Certainly more listenable than whatever Busta was doing on there.
I've still only listened to it twice though. Just didn't really click with me.
Also, Tip's The Renaissance is better than the last 3 Tribe albums.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the production on the new album is barely listenable.

Last place
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Even Consequence's Don't Quit Your Day Job is better than this album :lol:

The Tribe doesn't contain a single song as good as The Good,The Bad, The Ugly or Don't Forget Em.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

can the 9 newjack faggots who voted this better than beats,rhymes please speak up? i'm (bi)curious as to your rationale.
1. Nas
2. Drake

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Didn't vote because I haven't heard BR&L in far too long to feel like I can definitively say one way or another, but I'm curious if the people who disliked the new album disliked "Dis Generation," which is what I feel is the best track on there and exactly what I wanted out of the project.

Did at least that one click?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

clark bent wrote:busta's lament is a valid HOF song and stands up to anything from the first four albums...also rock rock yall is a legit great song

by no means am i claiming that love movement is some sort of classic but it was unfairly hated on...basically what happened is that love movement came out in too close proximity to their earlier works and this new album came out so far after love movement that people overrated it....ten years from now people will realize how weak 'weve got it from here' really is
I agree 100% with everything you said there...