Swizz Beatz VS Just Blaze (live battle of the beats)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Brougham33

Swizz Beatz VS Just Blaze (live battle of the beats)

Post by Brougham33 »

(unreleased posse cut from Nas, Jay Z, Jadakiss, and DMX at 02:27:10)
Tonight in NYC, legendary Hip-Hop producers Swizz Beatz and Just Blaze participated in a “Battle of the Beats” live from the former’s studio. The battle was live streamed on both of the producer’s respective Instagram accounts, along with radio station Hot 97’s YouTube account. 

When moderator Ebro Darden, a radio personality at Hot 97, announced that both producers had only 2 songs left to play, Swizz Beatz pulled an incredibly unexpected move…
For his grand finale, Swizz dropped a previously unheard posse cut from Nas, Jay Z, Jadakiss, and DMX, along with ad-libs from the man himself. With various instances in which the words “Escobar Season” can be heard, it appears as if the track may be from Nas’ upcoming 12th studio album, as Esco/Escobar is a nickname often used for the Life is Good rapper.
With such a strong finish, along with predominantly better track choices throughout the battle, Swizz was ultimately crowned winner of the battle. The two producers expressed interest in coordinating future beat battles, hoping to pair the likes of Pharrell vs. Timbaland, The Alchemist vs. El-P, and DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock in the near future.

stype_ones

Re: Swizz Beatz VS Just Blaze (live battle of the beats)

Post by stype_ones »

Caught the 2nd half last night. I'm all for these types of things, it was fun to watch. Only thing is they get a little too trigger happy with that Roland device to the point that it doesn't sound good after a while. Like it's cool for 25 seconds to manipulate the samples and try to make a live beat, but 2 mins straight it just starts to sound like mad noise which doesn't sound good.

Overall it though it's dope that they did it. Wish more producers would do shit like this. It's dope to keep some level of the culture alive since it's basically hanging on by a thread. So salute to them for that.

Need that DMX, Nas, Jay, Jada song Swizz played at the end!!

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

I watched the majority of this. Fast forwarding through some of it. Once they got into the actual back forth/one for one that was pretty great. You never realize how many songs these guys have until you hear them do something like this. A couple times I was like, "Damn Swizz did that beat??" Swizz was definitely pretty amped compared to Just Blaze. When Swizz dropped some of those Lox joints off of We are the Streets that was hype.

I hope they continue to do this with other producers. Pretty slick.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

mannie fresh, klc and dj toomp do this together sometimes and call it "beat summit". they tour it around.

step one

Post by step one »

Didn't Swizz and Kanye do this live about 10 years ago? I know Just & Alchemist have toured doing it too.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Just Blaze vs Havoc is up next

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

was watching it live on instagram, industry dudes was clowning on just in the chat :lol: