Eminem signs WSG/Conway to Shady/Interscope Records

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Re: Eminem signs WSG/Conway to Shady/Interscope Records

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

drizzle wrote:He reminds me of a lower-tier Wu Affiliate, which is a complement.
Good point. Still doubt I'll ever listen to any of his outside a feature, but definitely reminds me of that whole click.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
drizzle wrote:He reminds me of a lower-tier Wu Affiliate, which is a complement.
Good point. Still doubt I'll ever listen to any of his outside a feature, but definitely reminds me of that whole click.
in the early 10s, when SGP and others doing Memphis-indebted (or SUC-indebted) stuff were en vogue, I really wanted somebody to do something similar with a Killarmy-ish/NY dusted conspiracy raps vibe. Mach and Fahim and a few others aren't exactly that but they're somewhere in that ballpark, and because I'm already predisposed to something like this it helps overlook their (often glaring) weaknesses.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

drizzle wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
in the early 10s, when SGP and others doing Memphis-indebted (or SUC-indebted) stuff were en vogue, I really wanted somebody to do something similar with a Killarmy-ish/NY dusted conspiracy raps vibe. Mach and Fahim and a few others aren't exactly that but they're somewhere in that ballpark, and because I'm already predisposed to something like this it helps overlook their (often glaring) weaknesses.
Aside from the excessive amount of work they put out, don't see any similarities between Mach & Fahim. Mach's one of the best out right now in my opinion. Surpassed all of Griselda at this stage.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Aside from the excessive amount of work they put out, don't see any similarities between Mach & Fahim. Mach's one of the best out right now in my opinion. Surpassed all of Griselda at this stage.
No one in griselda is close to touching mach. It's not even up for debate.

Here's to hoping mach has as good of year in 2018 as he did in 2017.

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

drizzle wrote:I really wanted somebody to do something similar with a Killarmy-ish/NY dusted conspiracy raps vibe. Mach and Fahim and a few others aren't exactly that but they're somewhere in that ballpark
Good shout. I think they scratch that itch for me too.

Was listening to BBC 6 Music the other night and they played a Mach-Hommy track. Caught me off guard.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
drizzle wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

i didn't really explain tagging Mach into this very well.... to me Mach and Fahiim don't sound alike but they feel complimentary to each other, I enjoy their collabs and I think they pair well as a de facto group (although Mach is def the main attraction by far.) Mach also occasionally reminds me of RZA rapping too.

Mach is absolutely beyond Griselda for me too, at this point he's only second to Roc for this kind of rap and tbh he may have had a better 2017 overall. He was easily my favorite rapper last year.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

new Benny

https://soundcloud.com/bennythebutcher1 ... -el-camino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://empshrimp.blogspot.com/2018/04/ ... -mach.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

well they all live in Atlanta now so I guess we will see if anything comes of this... I think the person he claims to be takes a huge hit if Conway doesn't atleast snuff a weed carrier... on the flip I would be proud of him for not jumping out of the window
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

step one

Post by step one »

Employee wrote:
Holy shit this is awful.
Is trying to recreate throwaway early 00s mixtape joints the new version of trying to recreate 90s boom bap?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:
Employee wrote:
Holy shit this is awful.
Is trying to recreate throwaway early 00s mixtape joints the new version of trying to recreate 90s boom bap?
First: I agree, nevertheless, Image

Second: Removing Mach Hommy from the equation for a second, these guys are all variations/iterations of Roc Marciano. Some more extreme and worse than the others, but it's all Style Biting. Mach Hommy is unique to me in that he is infinitely (and obviously) better than anyone else mentioned in this thread.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

step one wrote: Is trying to recreate throwaway early 00s mixtape joints the new version of trying to recreate 90s boom bap?
actually, as funny as it may sound, this isn't far from the truth

consider how the restore the feeling crowd loves Dave East, who is the most early 00s mixtape-type rapper who was never actually on early 00s mixtapes currently working

Benny is legitimately good as hell though, while Gunn continues to be the 3rd best rapper on his own label

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

dave east is the 3rd best rapper in the popeye's lineup.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

drizzle wrote:
step one wrote: Is trying to recreate throwaway early 00s mixtape joints the new version of trying to recreate 90s boom bap?
actually, as funny as it may sound, this isn't far from the truth

consider how the restore the feeling crowd loves Dave East, who is the most early 00s mixtape-type rapper who was never actually on early 00s mixtapes currently working

Benny is legitimately good as hell though, while Gunn continues to be the 3rd best rapper on his own label

Yeah, don't think anyone is debating that.

And this is pretty dope.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

I really like the Flygod "album"...but after that WSG has become completely annoying. His "verse" on the latest Mayhem Lauren EP, I can't even listen to.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

guessing there's a Benny & El Camino tape coming or something

38 Spesh really grew on me after revisiting their collab tape, I've gotten a lot of spins out of it. Dude kinda sounds like Bentley in terms of voice and delivery.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

new Conway EP, Roc Marci feature on one of the tracks. some of this seems familiar but it's hard to keep track

https://soundcloud.com/sonnyjim01/sets/ ... sadventure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

drizzle wrote:new Conway EP, Roc Marci feature on one of the tracks. some of this seems familiar but it's hard to keep track

https://soundcloud.com/sonnyjim01/sets/ ... sadventure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Movie clip on the first track very played out at this stage. Conway's recent output has been pretty dull. May skip this altogether.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Don't mind some of Sonnyjim's production, but he will always be a terrible rapper.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

drizzle wrote:new Conway EP, Roc Marci feature on one of the tracks. some of this seems familiar but it's hard to keep track

seems familiar because it's the same exact bars you've been hearing from him the past few years. Songs are new though.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

DAT BEAT :ohsh:

Employee
Fast Eddie