New Raekwon album, "The Wild", out 3/24

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

New Raekwon album, "The Wild", out 3/24

Post by 907 »

http://uproxx.com/realtalk/raekwon-inte ... he-wild/5/

Not crazy about the beat on the Wayne colab, but Rae kills it for sure. Cautiously optimistic that this will be good.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

stype_ones

Re: New Raekwon album, "The Wild", out 3/24

Post by stype_ones »

Always optimistic for a Rae but have no expectations this time around. I was kinda gassed for FILA for some reason and it was pretty :fail:

Hope this one is better.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

really, with the exception of OB4CLII, has it ever dropped a really great album besides the debut?

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Philaflava wrote:really, with the exception of OB4CLII, has it ever dropped a really great album besides the debut?
Was it pretty happy with Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang at the time.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This Is What It Comes To Remix Feat Ghost.

https://soundcloud.com/iceh2orecords/th ... ace-killah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Philaflava wrote:really, with the exception of OB4CLII, has it ever dropped a really great album besides the debut?
Been revisiting S v WT and actually prefer it to OB4CL 2
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Hmm, this intrigues me.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Similar to Nas, his catalog is burdened by having a debut that isn't just classic, but one of the greatest albums of all time.

Immobilarity is better than people give it credit for. Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang is dope. The Vatican mixtape series too. It's hard to call any of those releases "great," but again, that's partly because his standards are so much higher.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This was my shit..

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Sneakers by Pete Rock was nice too.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

2-3 good tracks out of 21, 5-6 if you're being generous, as a follow up to one of the greatest rap albums of all time.

Immobilarity is ranked exactly as it should be
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This is kinda why I give :ghostface: the nod as the best. GZA after Liquid Swords was hit or miss, especially all his MCA releases after LS. The DJ Muggs project Grandmasters was good, but we know why. So really, after a classic debut like Ironman, 4 years later Ghost drops Supreme Clientele. All his albums since have had sparks of brilliance from PT to Fishscale to Big Doe to Apollo Kids. He is definitely cashing out now for that weed $ but every Wu member had severely disappointed post 90s. Rae is a perfect example. Fly International Luxurious Art? WTF was that bullshit. Shitty beats, shitty collabos. He takes all his budget money uses it for everything other than his albums.

Krook

Post by Krook »

Yea..Grandmasters was nice

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Philaflava wrote:This is kinda why I give :ghostface: the nod as the best. GZA after Liquid Swords was hit or miss, especially all his MCA releases after LS. The DJ Muggs project Grandmasters was good, but we know why. So really, after a classic debut like Ironman, 4 years later Ghost drops Supreme Clientele. All his albums since have had sparks of brilliance from PT to Fishscale to Big Doe to Apollo Kids. He is definitely cashing out now for that weed $ but every Wu member had severely disappointed post 90s. Rae is a perfect example. Fly International Luxurious Art? WTF was that bullshit. Shitty beats, shitty collabos. He takes all his budget money uses it for everything other than his albums.
Yeah, that FILA shit was a dud. Huge disappointment for me I was really looking forward to that being ill.

OB4CL2 and Shaolin Vs Wu Tang were very dope, though imo. That bullshit album with Ghost and Meth was a dud as well.

I like the first joint off this new album looking forward to tomorrow hopefully it will be good.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This is the kinda shit I'm talking about. Look at these fucking silly collabos. G-Eazy? Listen, I get he wants a big selling album these days but it ain't happening. Can we get some Wu produced/featured albums only. FTS.

Tracklist:
01. The Wild Intro
02. This Is What It Comes Too
03. Nothing
04. Skit (Bang Head Right)
05. Marvin (feat. Cee-Lo Green)
06. Can't You See
07. My Corner (feat. Lil Wayne)
08. Skit (Fuck You Up Card)
09. M&N (feat. P.U.R.E)
10. Visiting Hour (feat. Andra Day)
11. Skit (Bang Fall Down)
12. The Reign
13. Crown of Thorns
14. Purple Brick Road (feat. G-Eazy)
15. You Hear Me
16. Bang Outro

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

:owens: ugh

step one

Post by step one »

The lead single (track #2) is good. Based on Unkut's review there's a handful of decent tracks on this but I wish the Wu and other rappers from that era (Jadakiss) would understand that putting someone like G Eazy or Wayne on album isn't going to suddenly result in platinum sales. It just pisses off the fanbase.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

admiral

Post by admiral »

Skits on an album in 2017 is inexcusable

admiral

Post by admiral »

The rapping on here sounds perfectly fine, but needs a producer to remix it (a la AZ Memphis Sessions) to rise above its middling beats, which has pretty much been Rae's issue since Immobilarity

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

admiral wrote:Skits on an album in 2017 is inexcusable
:lock:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Guaranteed this album is TRASH! Those features are GAY AS FUCK!!! Fuck Raekwon. He will never see any money from me. He's officially a fuckin CLOWN!!! smh

Beastly Swagger

Gonna give this a whirl this weekend.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

The skits are useless. The shit with Wayne is terrible as is You Hear Me. I like the Marvin joint but it's not something I would listen to more than once. It's well done, though.

I like everything else on here. Production isn't the greatest, but I like Rae and he rhymes his ass off as usual. And when you get to some of the better joints like This Is What It Comes Too, Nothing, Crown Of Thorns, etc. this shit knocks.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Versive wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Similar to Nas, his catalog is burdened by having a debut that isn't just classic, but one of the greatest albums of all time.

Immobilarity is better than people give it credit for. Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang is dope. The Vatican mixtape series too. It's hard to call any of those releases "great," but again, that's partly because his standards are so much higher.
You'd agree that OB4CL II is great though I assume right?

Also, what's the thoughts on the new album here? Assume, nothing impressive?

Beastly Swagger

Rae's bars are still stars.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I really like half of this album, but I'm a Rae fan I like to hear him spit so maybe im biased. Shit is light years better than FILA, although that's not saying much. Thing is, you see how good this could be and then get tight that a few joints are so terrible and the skits are fuckin useless and comical. Still, if I can get 5-6 joints that I like on a Rae album in 2017 I feel I made out so there's that.

Post by 907 »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Guaranteed this album is TRASH! Those features are GAY AS FUCK!!! Fuck Raekwon. He will never see any money from me. He's officially a fuckin CLOWN!!! smh

Honest question, does a rapper having features from Wayne type dudes mean that he's basically drad to you? Is there anyone you still listen to who's done it? And lastly, are you really going to stop listening to OB4CL because of it?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

handful of solid tracks on this and I skipped the G Eazy track

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

907 wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:Guaranteed this album is TRASH! Those features are GAY AS FUCK!!! Fuck Raekwon. He will never see any money from me. He's officially a fuckin CLOWN!!! smh
Honest question, does a rapper having features from Wayne type dudes mean that he's basically dead to you? Is there anyone you still listen to who's done it? And lastly, are you really going to stop listening to OB4CL because of it?
Naw he's not dead to me. And what I think of Raekwon in 2017 has NOTHING to do with what I think of his previous releases. OB4CL was classic to me then and it's classic to me now. Nothing will ever change that. And I did give in and check this album and I liked 4 or 5 of the first 10 tracks. The rest of the album is just as I expected, certified GARBAGE!! Not sure why he felt the need to spit over so many of those horrible fuckin beats. smfh

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
907 wrote:
Honest question, does a rapper having features from Wayne type dudes mean that he's basically dead to you? Is there anyone you still listen to who's done it? And lastly, are you really going to stop listening to OB4CL because of it?
Naw he's not dead to me. And what I think of Raekwon in 2017 has NOTHING to do with what I think of his previous releases. OB4CL was classic to me then and it's classic to me now. Nothing will ever change that. And I did give in and check this album and I liked 4 or 5 of the first 10 tracks. The rest of the album is just as I expected, certified GARBAGE!! Not sure why he felt the need to spit over so many of those horrible fuckin beats. smfh
I respect this talk. Some good joints, some bad joints. Exactly what is expected from Rae in 2017. Like is said, thing that gets us tight is when you see how good the good stuff is, it makes you even more mad when he got the bullshit on here.