untitled unmastered.
7%
DAMN.
No votes

Total votes: 15

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Re: Kendrick- The Heart Pt 4 (IV)

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

just what i wanted, straight up bangers. this whole joint dings in the humvee.

i don't believe the "nation" rumours but I hope they're true. tbh this album is not enough to say "2017 is mine". gotta drop 2 like future.

btw "tiptoeing around my name" is the most ironic line of the century. honestly i WANT kendrick to ether drake but i'm not holding my breath.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

album is pretty great. But it doesn't feel complete which to me has me actually believe this Nation talk. We'll see come easter morning.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Really enjoying this album. Mike will, tae beast, soundwave, cardo, alchemist, and 9th all delivered, and so did kendrick.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

wuk wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:does Kendrick have the guts to say Drake's name yet? :omar:

probably not cause he doesn't want to get Meek Milled :rofl:

sure he raps better than Meek, but is he better at the modern rap game as Drake? :killacam:

DOUBT IT
he seems to be going right at drake in "element."
which is awesome because the whole song is basically a drake impression

kendrick raps fucking circles around drake, writes better songs, makes better albums. no contest.
Kendrick goes harder on the mic than Drake stylistically, without question. Is he a better writer? Occasionally. Both of them are putting out songs not as good as their older material now.

Kendrick DOES make better albums, thematically. I will certainly give him that one. Does Kendrick make powerful singles and steal guest appearances like Drake? Hell naw. They both are very good at things the other one doesn't do very well at all. Call him pop rap all you wan, at least Drake hasn't rapped with Taylor Swift :rofl: what were you smoking (even though I know you don't smoke weed), Kendrick?!

Kendrick is more gassed than Drake is, though. Drake worked very hard to get as far as he's gotten. Kendrick's co-signs from Dr. Dre, the West Coast Elite, the media and the Grammys gave him more ego than his music deserves, IMHO. Drake had people hating him for years before the tide turned, and all he had was a Lil Wayne co-sign, plus Wayne clowned him after he broke his knee, and a yes he had a Jay/Kanye co-sign, but Jay-Z and Kanye abandoned him after 'Best I Ever Had' and didn't reunite until just now, when 'Watch The Throne' didn't stop Drake from owning America.

I'ma go listen to some of this K Dot shit now. And I HOPE he has another album called 'Nation', because 'Damn' is a corny name for an album, but 'Damn/Nation' is a great concept for a double album in this time in Amerikkka, heh heh.

Ironic as fuck to call the song with Rihanna 'Loyalty'. Rap is outta control.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

it's not that great to me.

'Element' is pure shots at Drake's head top. And STILL no saying names. :bunk:

5 songs in, its okay. Not classic level, not timeless. Good beats. Decent raps. Meh.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: Not classic level, not timeless
The internet has been full of this shit this week. As if you can tell if something is classic or timeless after 5 songs. There was people caling it a classic before it even came out ffs.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Posted this on IG and FB. Not hating at all. Eminem doesn't even have 3 great albums. Rick Ross has more great albums in his catalog than half this list, BUT STILL...
Kendrick is a great rapper. He is putting out really great albums too. But I don’t automatically place him on my top 5 list because of the current times we’re living in. I don’t automatically place him on my top 5 list just because his last few albums were the best releases in recent years. I don’t place him on my top 5 list because, well, I have been listening to hip-hop all my life and have experience many, many great rappers in my lifetime. I also don’t have a short-term memory (yet). I don’t do hyperboles either. I like Kendrick a lot, but I don’t like how everybody is quick to dismiss many of the legends. Stef Curry doesn’t automatically jump past MJ, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe, Wilt, Russell, Duncan, Olajawon, Bird or Dr. J. Can he become a top 5 emcee? Sure. I thought Jay Electronica could have been one of them by now, but at least K-Dot has a handful of great albums already. But please, let’s not discredit decades and decades of amazing work by the guys listed below. Here are at least 25 rappers that I would say rank higher than Kendrick Lamar, when you factor in career, catalog, longevity, influence and of course, talent.
No order at all.
Nas
Jay-Z
Biggie
Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Kool G. Rap
Ice Cube
Scarface
Black Thought
Eminem
2Pac
Pharoahe Monch
Andre 3000
MF Doom
Ghostface Killah
Big L
Redman
Q-Tip
Posdnous
Big Pun
Chuck D
LL Cool J
KRS-One
Slick Rick
Prodigy

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: Not classic level, not timeless
The internet has been full of this shit this week. As if you can tell if something is classic or timeless after 5 songs. There was people caling it a classic before it even came out ffs.
Yeah well, if you're like me (BUT YOURE NOT) and you've had some history with hip hop music, you KNOW when something is unprecedented and feels monumental.

Instantly, I knew the Marshall Mathers LP was a classic. Instantly I knew Stankonia was a classic. Instantly I knew Capital Punishment was a classic. Instantly I knew Liquid Swords and Ironman and Only Built for Cuban Linx was a classic.

I don't think Kendrick Lamar has ANY albums on the level of those albums.

I can stay that automatically on first listen.

Stay the fuck off my opinion's dick. :rofl:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

THIS IS SO SO DEFINITELY REAL

THIS IS THE FUCKING TRUTH OF THE GODS

YALL SMALL MINDED DEVILS AND NEW SCHOOL TROLLS THAT BE ALL "Kendrick is Top 5 and/or BEST RAPPER EVER!!!!!" need to shut the fuck up, down and out your mouth. You can call him your FAVOURITE rapper all you want, g'head witcha bad self. But to say he's better than Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Pharoahe, Aceyalone, Andre 3000, etc. is IDIOTIC MADNESS THAT WILL NOT GO UNCHALLENGED. Big up to this!
Philaflava wrote:
Kendrick is a great rapper. He is putting out really great albums too. But I don’t automatically place him on my top 5 list because of the current times we’re living in. I don’t automatically place him on my top 5 list just because his last few albums were the best releases in recent years. I don’t place him on my top 5 list because, well, I have been listening to hip-hop all my life and have experience many, many great rappers in my lifetime. I also don’t have a short-term memory (yet). I don’t do hyperboles either. I like Kendrick a lot, but I don’t like how everybody is quick to dismiss many of the legends. Stef Curry doesn’t automatically jump past MJ, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe, Wilt, Russell, Duncan, Olajawon, Bird or Dr. J. Can he become a top 5 emcee? Sure. I thought Jay Electronica could have been one of them by now, but at least K-Dot has a handful of great albums already. But please, let’s not discredit decades and decades of amazing work by the guys listed below. Here are at least 25 rappers that I would say rank higher than Kendrick Lamar, when you factor in career, catalog, longevity, influence and of course, talent.
No order at all.
Nas
Jay-Z
Biggie
Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Kool G. Rap
Ice Cube
Scarface
Black Thought
Eminem
2Pac
Pharoahe Monch
Andre 3000
MF Doom
Ghostface Killah
Big L
Redman
Q-Tip
Posdnous
Big Pun
Chuck D
LL Cool J
KRS-One
Slick Rick
Prodigy

THANK YOU AND YOU'RE WELCOME AND GOOD NIGHT AND THEN FUCK OFF

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

the dead poet wrote:album is pretty great. But it doesn't feel complete which to me has me actually believe this Nation talk. We'll see come easter morning.
Album so underwhelming fans are inventing conspiracies

People expect bolder music from Kendrick. If it's not gonna be far out at least let it go hard.
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Lol at phila's dead serious, rambling, grandfatherly gatekeeping. Woe betide the lil yachty fan who tries to date your daughter.

Kdot defo has it easier. Drake has to fight to earn respect. "I did it without Dre, I did it without Jay, I did it without ye, wtf could yall niggas say"

Remember that 2011 vid of him crying on stage when snoop passes the torch XD
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

it's good

Kace

Post by Kace »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^fair, i know this is not an argument i'm gonna win on here. it didn't occur to me until my friend made the bold, random claim: GKMC>illmatic. i'm like nah son. it can't be. then i realized that was closed-minded thinking, i wasn't really comparing them. what GKMC does better than any of the albums you mentioned is tell an emotionally resonant story that changes the protagonist, and by extension the listener. unlike say illmatic it's way more than the sum of all the songs included -- its "X-factor" is huge.
The preachy moralistic boring Christian message at the end makes it one of the weakest album in hip hop, especially in this age, ergo reducing its replay value to pratically zero. TPAB>>>>>>> Even Section 80 is better than GKMC
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

lol... section 80 is a disjointed overhyped mixtape.... textbook 'how to spot a try hard' tape....
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Kace wrote: The preachy moralistic boring Christian message at the end makes it one of the weakest album in hip hop, especially in this age, ergo reducing its replay value to pratically zero. TPAB>>>>>>> Even Section 80 is better than GKMC
:fail: man i can't stand gaytheists like you.... i don't go to church either but i'm not a faggot about it.....
1. Nas
2. Drake

Kace

Post by Kace »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Kace wrote: The preachy moralistic boring Christian message at the end makes it one of the weakest album in hip hop, especially in this age, ergo reducing its replay value to pratically zero. TPAB>>>>>>> Even Section 80 is better than GKMC
:fail: man i can't stand gaytheists like you.... i don't go to church either but i'm not a faggot about it.....
I'm not anti-Christian. You think Jesus would approve of all this self-righteous virtue signalling vacuous nonsense?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

GKMC knocks in the chariot, brah.
1. Nas
2. Drake

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Went with GKMC strictly for Sing About Me/Dying Of Thirst which remains his magnum opus.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Anyone who forgot what a classic record is...

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Album is garbage.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Spartan wrote:Album is garbage.
Extremely underwhelming. Somehow still better than the monotonous drop by third string OF kid who needs a thug feature to have a hit.
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Philaflava wrote:Anyone who forgot what a classic record is...

I would clown you for your unapologetic foray into wickdom, but you included one post-90s album, and that's progress.
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Whats up with kendrick having all these songs that have various beat changes? Shit sounds disjointed as fuck.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Yall niggas sound like some ol' tyrannosaurus rex yellin at the clouds get off my lawn ass niggas. Stop comparing the shit to albums that came out 25 years ago lol.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Its refreshing imo. I work with a bunch of schlups who have to call every trendy rapper like kendrick or cole the best alive. Good to see some solid counterarguments here from people who have been listening to hip hop for more than 5 years

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

DJCommunist wrote:Its refreshing imo. I work with a bunch of schlups who have to call every trendy rapper like kendrick or cole the best alive. Good to see some solid counterarguments here from people who have been listening to hip hop for more than 5 years
I'd rather risk being labelled a miserable old boom-bap dinosaur than feeling compelled in hailing a rushed album by a massivley overrated artist as a classic like these insufferable twats. Most of them seem to be regurgitating the same shit Fantano and the blog cartels say in order to fit in with the herd; ultimately, they come across as vapid cunts like this guy:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Whether we're talking about albums from 5 years ago, 15 years ago or 25, the standards and meaning of a classic album shouldn't have changed at all. The only thing that changes is the music.

step one

Post by step one »

It's just people being in a rush to form an opinion so they can be part of the conversation. Hard to take any of them even slightly seriously.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle here. Is it overrated by most media outlets? Probably. Is a shit album? Absolutely not. For me, its a little too varied sonically.....with such a wide range of beats/styles there are bound to be moments I'm not feeling as much. That said, my favorite tracks on here are better than anything I've heard all year. And despite the lack of cohesion from a musical standpoint, he does a good job of bringing some thematic cohesion by connecting the intro and outro moments.